Author Topic: Child Abuse - question  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Child Abuse - question
« on: May 06, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »
Do any of you girls know if MMS reported child abuse cases when they were revealed to John Mercer or anyone else in group sessions? Cases such as sexual abuse? Physical abuse? Mental abuse?

It might be worth checking to see if professionals working with children i.e. therapists, teachers, caretakers, etc. must immediately report any suspision of child abuse to the authorities. It seems that this is law in all states, including Montana. This would be worth someone researching, don't you think?

So, when girls were revealing their deepest, darkest secrets of child abuse, you would think it was incumbent upon the person hearing that to report it to the authorities. If they didn't then perhaps they were in violation of the law?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Child Abuse - question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
one would think that they were mandated reporters-( but then they'd have to report themselves- ha!)  Seriously though, I think being a mandated reporter applies only to abuse happening at the time?  
But no, they did not from what I saw, heard or experienced.  And at the time I was there it was very popular for girls to remember all kinds of abuse, especially ritualistic, very complicated memories with many many people.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead