Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 2455 times)

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Advertising
« on: May 04, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
They advertise Cross Creek Programs in the back of my mom's Sunset magazine.  Sunset is a magazine about "Life in the West": Home, Travel, Food, Garden.  I guess they want to market to rich housewives.  Also advertised are: Red Rock Canyon School, The Montcalm School, Aspen Achievement Academy, Sunhawk Academy, The Academy USA, and a Resource Catalog at specialtyboardingschools.com.  The ads are mostly ghetto-looking, and Cross Creek doesn't give it's web address, just a phone number.  I guess they don't want people going online, because they might learn too much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
Does your child need intervention???

1. Does your teen struggle with basic family rules and expectations?          
2. Has your teen ever been suspended, expelled, truant, or had a drop in school grades?       
3. Is your teen verbally abusive?       
4. Does your teen associate with a bad peer group?       
5. Has your teen lost interest in former productive activities, hobbies or sports?       
6. Do you have difficulty getting your teen to do simple household chores or homework?       
7. Has your teen had problems with the law?       
8. Do you find yourself picking your words carefully when speaking to your teen, so as not to elicit a verbal attack or rage from them?       
9. Are you worried that your teen may not finish high school?       
10 .Does your teen seem depressed/withdrawn?       
11. Has your teen's appearance and/or personal hygiene changed?       
12. Does your teen ever display violent behavior?       
13. Is your teen manipulative and/or deceitful?       
14. Does your teen seem to demonstrate a lack of motivation?       
15. Do you suspect that your teen sometimes lies or is dishonest with you?       
16. Are you concerned that your teen may be sexually promiscuous?       
17. Has your teen ever displayed any evidence of suicide ideation?       
18. Do you suspect at times you have had money or other valuables from your home?       
19. Does your teen's behavior concern you for their safety?       
20. Is your teen angry or display temper outbursts?       
21. Does your teen seem to lack self-esteem and self-worth?       
22. Do you have a lack of trust with your teen?       
23. Does your teen have problems with authority?       
24. Does your teen engage in activities you don't approve of?       
25. Do you think your teen is possibly using or experimenting with drugs/alcohol?       
26. Are you concerned about your child's well being and their future?       
27. Does your teen seem to constantly be in opposition to your family values?       
28. No matter what rules and consequences are established, do you feel that your teen will defy them?       
29. Are you exhausted and worn out from your teen's defiant and/or destructive behavior and choices?       
30. When dealing with your teen, do you often feel that you are powerless?

Questionnaire Score Card
18+  High Risk!
Get help! A Residential Center, Treatment Program, or Specialty School is strongly recommended.

9-17 Borderline Risk!
The problems may be resolved by tightening up family rules and structure. However, a Residential Center, Treatment Program, or Specialty School may need to be considered.

1-8  Moderate Risk!
Tighten up family rules/understandings, be consistent with your monitoring, and follow through.

For more information Call Toll Free 1-800-BULL-SHIT

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
How can any teenager possibly pass that test?!
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
I have two teens. One fits everything on the questionnaire and then some.  The other one shows some of the signs, however, in perspective, those are behaviors that most teens experience.  When you look at the big picture, which is what the questionnaire is meant to do, it is more of a wake up call for the parents.  

I like the questionnaire at this site:  It's more in depth and more realistic, in my opinion.

http://www.teencrisissolutions.org/assessment.htm

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
I think that one is just as vague and simplistic as the other one.  It brings negative attention to mostly normal behaviors.  The ones that are not normal are so obvious that a test is needless.

See:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=9#100774

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
woot high moderate risk! god fuck your selfs WWASP!!! Hahaha!

P.S. You know what... moderate is not good enough... im going to go pick a fight now... maybe that will bump me up.

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
On 2005-05-05 14:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have two teens. One fits everything on the questionnaire and then some.  The other one shows some of the signs, however, in perspective, those are behaviors that most teens experience.  When you look at the big picture, which is what the questionnaire is meant to do, it is more of a wake up call for the parents.  

I like the questionnaire at this site:  It's more in depth and more realistic, in my opinion.

http://www.teencrisissolutions.org/assessment.htm"

• Do you make excuses, justify, or cover up for your teen?s behavior?
  • Do you blame others for your teen?s behavior or troubles?
  • Do you give in to your teen?s demands just to avoid confrontation?
  • Do you blame yourself for your teen?s choices and behavior?
  • How is your teen?s behavior affecting your work?
These questions only tell you about the parent.  And note how many questions use the phase "do you suspect ...".  Wouldn't it be a good idea to find out?

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Advertising
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
The ones who are the most vulnerable are the ones who think they can buy their way through anything.

There's euphoria to shopping for a school to send your kid away to, I?m sure. Most parents are sold on the idea that 'program' is the safest most secure thing they could ever decide to do for their child - like buying insurance, a new home or an investment for their future! Most parents admit to feeling relieved once the kid is gone. Like they took care of business for the better of their family and their child. Little do they know what's truly in store for all of them.

These powerful business consultations with "concerned referral agencies" (recruiters) are the type of people who make them sit up and listen. All along thinking they're talking to/or about actual professionals, not quacks and con men selling hocus-pocus for a pretty penny.

Redemption: Deliverance of sinners from the penalty of their sins through the murder of their deity against whom they sinned.
--Ambrose Bierce

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]