Author Topic: to Katfish  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Katfish
« on: May 03, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »
What you said about Mike Finn is absolutely appalling. You have no right so say that about someone's child, ever. Please remove your post with the comment about that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
to Katfish
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
what comment's that?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Katfish
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
This was the comment:

I understand Mike Finn's own son killed himself. Truthfully, that does not surprise me. Mike did more harm to me than anyone. What a shame.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
to Katfish
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
i agree, in retrospect that was very harsh ans insensitive.   Where did i post that?
While I still feel Mike Finn was ultimately not a good counselor and felt he was abusive, I have no way of knowing how J felt.  I relinquish that staement, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Katfish
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
Katfish,

I do agree about the fact that the way you said it seemed a little insensitive, but I feel that it should have been brought up. I do not understand how athorities of a theraputic school can not help their own children, but attempt to help other cihldren. It does not make sense to me. If I can't even control my own child I would not even attepmt to fix another. I also heard that there was a lawsuit being filed by the parents against the jail for negligance and not giving Jason Finn the proper attention in jail. I never heard of jails giving people extra attention. I am saying this in comparision to the school because I feel that I was neglected at the school were I was SUPPOSED to get attention. and I did not. How can you call a jail unsupportive ( which is not supposed to be), and then never consider the fact that MMS was negligant to some degree. Does someone have to seriously hurt themselves in order for people to open their eyes?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Katfish
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »
You wrote that in "To Colleen Harrington".

Thanks for responding.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
to Katfish
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 04:10:00 AM »
I am sure Kat never intended to be insensitive but I do agree with the person who posted that it really probably did need to be brought to light.

It is a tragedy that his son died, it is a tragedy when any child dies. I am sorry for his loss.

I do feel that people who work in these places and who do not have the credentials or the proper approaches should not be allowed to work with children who so desperately need their help.

What a lot of people fail to remember is that every single child, in my opinion, must be traumatized in one way or another from the mere act of being sent hundreds if not thousands of miles away from home to a place as remote as MMS. They lose contact with the outside world and the only people they see, for the most part, are the ones at the school.

This comes at a time when most of these girls are in need of something. Either they are having problems coping at home because of abuses that go on there (and remember that some parents who abuse kids seem to send them away to these places - maybe a way to avoid consequences for their actions, I don't know) or they were having problems in their lives due to drugs, alcohol, and a host of other issues.

The last thing they need is "attack therapy" and people who are not qualified or able to help them deal with the many problems that come through the doors of MMS.

It's a sad thing really.

Offline aileen

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aileenchu
to Katfish
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »
jails are supposed to do certain things for people who are suicidal... or at least from my experience I've seen them put people who are instable in special cells and confiscate items they could harm themselves with. I don't know if this is a normal practice or if that's what they were talking about.