Author Topic: A Suggestion to Those Feeling Attacked  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Suggestion to Those Feeling Attacked
« on: May 02, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »
I'm that outsider-looking-in adult. Reading your posts is so heart-wrenching. I am so bothered by the experiences some of you had to endure.

Girls, I have a suggestion for you. Listen, you don't have to feel like you have to defend yourself. Most people who visit, like me, are either victims of such abuse or know someone they care about who was. So you will find some understanding people and support.

I would suggest you go back and copy-paste the posts of women who are supportive. There are many. They share something in common with you. They experienced similar abuses and want to talk about it with those who can understand and relate. This could be a chance to rekindle some wonderful friendships, even if they are long-distance friendships.

Instead of feeling like you have to defend yourself (it's very easy for an outsider to see how you'd feel that way) maybe you'd be better off communicating outside of this forum.

I think someone posted her e-mail addess - Katfish I think. So go find it and maybe she's received e-mails from others. It would be nice if she would be willing to put you all in touch with one another. You might want to ask.

It's just a suggestion.

Also, you might want to read the post about ladies working in an office who have very different experiences. It's kind of like this. It was in one of the recent postings.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »