Author Topic: Didn't we all used to be friends?  (Read 21823 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Didn't we all used to be friends?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
Some of you guys really are just mean.  Schools have reunions all the time.  And I do want to go and share my positive story with those girls who are there... at least give them some hope.  It's not like they really have much of a choice in being there at this point anyway... might as well let them know that there is life after MMS and it can be fun too!  And Colleen has been talking about a reunion for ages... I've been in touch with her since I've left and I don't really care what you guys say about her, she's a wonderful woman.  Maybe I was well liked when I went to school there.  What is wrong with that??  What is wrong with talking to the girls there, showing up to be supportive, someone else they can talk to?  God you guys really are so mean and cynical sometimes and it sucks!!  Maybe I just learned to live my life being more positive...even when I was at MMS.  I am grateful, don't care what any of you say.  I'm grateful I finally got more than Fs on a report card so that I could go to college.  I'm glad I graduated college with a bachelors degree.  I'm glad I talk to my parents almost every day now, that I'm livign with a wonderful man and that I really enjoy my life!  No, that's not all because of MMS!  I just learned to live my life for today and not dwell in the past.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
I can't speak for everyone but I think a big part of the issue that some girls have with Colleen and the situation is that she is monitering the internet looking for people speaking badly of MMS and then calling them and trying to intimidate them and threatening them with lawsuits. I never disliked Colleen in my time at MMS, in fact I liked her quite a bit but doing what she is doing is just ludicrous. It really just makes her and the school seem like a joke because she feels the need to make sure no one says bad things about MMS. If she was really confident in the school she wouldn't need to do that. I can definately see why that would cause cynicism, and regardless of peoples experience good OR bad I don't see how anyone can see that and not just think it's childish and ridiculous.

Melissa Gower.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
Melissa,

I agree with you... I also liked Colleen quite a lot!!  But it is silly what she's doing... I almost want to ask her about it.  Maybe I will.  What the heck,  I will, and I'll let y'all know what she says!  Anyone else tried that?  

Sarah H.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Sar-
I haven't been in contact with Colleen for awhile, I guess she asked Whitney Stone about me a little bit ago cause she didn't have my email or something. I don't know, let me know what she says though.

Melissa

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »
Feel free to jump in anytime, Colleen.

Legalizing drugs is far from a panacea for all the distress caused by drugs, but it will eliminate most of the profit and corruption from the drug trade.

--Nobel laureate, Gary S. Becker

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Now that should be intersting!

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »
i called Colleen a few times, left messages, she never got back to me.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
Who got an invitation to the reunion?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
On 2005-05-07 18:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Now that should be intersting! "

Actually, I think it would be sort of contentious and dull; much like some of the content that people have been complaining about lately.

I do think it's interesting that you read this forum, Colleen, but don't post your thoughts. Instead you lurk around in the background, harassing some people on the one hand and trying to rally what you view as your supporters on the other.

Are you afraid of the light, like a vampire?

I am sick unto death of obscure English towns that exist seemingly for the sole accommodation of these so-called limerick writers -- and even sicker of their residents, all of whom suffer from physical deformities and spend their time dismembering relatives at fancy dress balls.
--Editor of the Limerick Times
(Limerick, Ireland)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »
Hey there have been no intvitations yet the beginings of a possible reunion are being created for tentatively the weekend of August fourtenth and also Gary is retiring and turning 60 on the 12 of August.  And this stuff that you hear about Colleen threating lawsuits is absolutely eronious! This is a website there are no faces and its more then second hand information. Please take this into consideration.  Plus I talked to Colleen yesterday. And I think if you guys want to go don't wait for an invitation.  Call the school and ask---If you infact want to go.  I would love to see everyone there-

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
Sarah H,

Any word?

best,
kat
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
On 2005-05-08 10:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey there have been no intvitations yet the beginings of a possible reunion are being created for tentatively the weekend of August fourtenth and also Gary is retiring and turning 60 on the 12 of August.  And this stuff that you hear about Colleen threating lawsuits is absolutely eronious! This is a website there are no faces and its more then second hand information. Please take this into consideration.  Plus I talked to Colleen yesterday. And I think if you guys want to go don't wait for an invitation.  Call the school and ask---If you infact want to go.  I would love to see everyone there-"

It's actually not second hand information. I know specifically about one person it happened to,and though I didn't hear the phone calls myself I did read multiple emails sent between Colleen and this girl. Generally if someone is accused of something and it is found true once, than there is a strong chance it happened more times than just that. Regardless,once is bad enough.

Melissa G.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2005, 06:16:00 PM »
Hey Melissa, were you just talking about the issue of Colleen filing a lawsuit? Are you saying you saw emails that she was threatening lawsuits? Just curious.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
Bleh, been having issues for a couple days, just busy.  I decided to email Colleen since I also don't usually receive return phone calls from her or John.  Well, I haven't tried in a long time either.  Colleen and I chat over email a bit, so I assume she'll respond.  Who knows.  I promise I'll let ya'll know what she says... whether it's honest or not, it will tell us something right?

Sarah H.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 01:39:00 AM »
You know what?  I'm over this website... this is my farewell.  Colleen of course said that the lawsuit threats were preposterous and you know what?  I trust that woman and I will take her word.  I have nothing else to go by.  I'm excited to see her and John and Gary again this summer... I don't care at all if you call me brainwashed... I know I'm not so I'm pretty sure that's all that matters.  I appreciate everyone's opinions and statements on here.  It's been something to read for the last couple of weeks but now I'm more strong in my opinions than before.  No program is perfect, none has 100% satisfaction rate, none fixes everyone, none of them work for everyone.  Normal high school did not work for me... works for some others.  

I hope to see some of you this summer, I know I'll see at least a couple since I've already talked to them about it, and they are as excited as I am...

Obviously you are all going to say Colleen was lying in the email she wrote to me, and I'm somehow stupid not to see through it.  But whatever.  I'm over reading malicious comments.  I'm over reading about people dwelling in their negative pasts.  I dont' care if it sounds like I'm "too good" for all of you.  I know I'm not and that's all that matters.  I don't care if i sound arrogant because I am strong in my opinion and confident in myself.  Something I wasn't about 6 years ago!

Wishing you all luck on your lawsuits, hoping you can finally all vent enough to just get over something that happened ages ago, and hoping those who still are my friends will be there for me regardless of my opinion about something that happened half a decade ago now.  

Goodnight!  And byebye.

Sarah H.