Author Topic: validity of forum  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
validity of forum
« on: May 01, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
People's experiences are valid, but I want to point out that this forum is inherently BIASED. It's not a simple random sample of people, it's just the ones who feel most strongly about it. And usually the ones with a bad experience feel most strongly about it. Just wanted to note that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline enge4815

• View Profile
validity of forum
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
see topic of I think i agree please I hope this helps.
rebecca
am only here to share about my experience opinion, and goals outside of MMS. I don\'t agree with all but I also don\'t agree with all MMS stood for either. When you read my posts I invite you to make your opinions and write back to me about what I said. B

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
validity of forum
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
How does that happen? A lot of these programs sponsor forums for parents. And those are extremely biased in favor of the Programs. But it takes time and dedication on the part of the moderators to keep it that way. We make no such effort to censor the discussion here. What it is is just what it is.

All I ask is equal freedom.  When it is denied, as it always is, I take it anyhow.
--H.L. Mencken

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline aileen

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aileenchu
validity of forum
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
Just because there are sponsored forums out there that are biased doesn't mean this forum isn't biased. It's not the moderator's fault because there isn't one; it is simply that the sample is not completely representative of the population, the same way a scientific poll is not accurate if it asks people to respond to an ad, because maybe only certain people find that ad and only certain people respond.