Author Topic: To Each Her Own  (Read 7994 times)

Offline BIRDLADY360

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »
I AM MIA'S MOM. PAM.  DID YOU GO ON THE MOTHER DAUGHTER WEEKEND WITH US?  HOW WAS THE SUBJECT OF MIA'S NOT RETURNING TO MMS DISCUSSSED WITH YOU GIRLS?  SHE HAD HEARD FROM ONE OF YOU THAT JOHN SAID SHE WAS DOING DRUGS AND PROSTITUTING HER SELF.  THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY A LIE!  PAM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OTHER OF MIA SCHIMMEL  STUDENT AT MMS 9 YRS AGO

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
I was not on that retreat with you, I was with Bridgett L. and Cary B. someone else I can't remember.  I do remember vaguely that John said some things about Mia's leaving, but I don't remember exactly what, but somewhat along the lines of what you said I think.  Whatever happened to Mia and where is she now?

Ashlee T.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
To Each Her Own
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
John told students Mia was a prostitute and on drugs?[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-08-12 14:16 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
what happened to Mia?

Did this talk of a group set up to address problems with John about MMS mistreatment ever happen?  

what did he say?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »
Hey, hate to dredge up old threads like this, but I'd like to contribute. I don't recall John saying that about Mia, exactly. I remember similar things being said about others, though. I remember him saying her parents cut her off and she was having to flip burgers for a living. I have a great deal many other opinions about the way things were run at MMS... but I think the end result (for me) was good and the program I got was good for me (I was a Mike's kid, so maybe that helped). It certainly didn't fix a few issues, but it gave me the tools to eventually deal with them when I faced them after I left.

Molly Kingman 96-99

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 02:59:00 AM »
I am a little late on this post but I went to MMS while Mia was there and she was one of the most genuine friends I had. I am not discrediting some of the other girs that were my friends, but I really cared about Mia and a lot of people liked her. I forgot about her not coming back because it was so long ago and honestly was unexpected. Just for the record I can't honestly say anything regarding the drugs, who knows or cares, but I don't believe ever said anything regarding prostitution (definetly not defending John) I only say that b/c that would have made many girls angry at John and I don't believe I would have forgotten that. If you are willing to share, where does Mia live now?

-Sorry, anon (This website gets a little out of control)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »
WAIT.. I just wrote you about Mia being my friend and john not saying anything about the prostituting, but don't remember about the drugs... Now I read this message from you. Do you not know where Mia is?

Offline DS_KH

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »
Well, I don't have any new or helpful info as to where Mia is or what happened to her. This must have happened after I graduated in '98.

I have to say, ONCE AGAIN, I am floored by what I'm able to gather from piecing all these posts together. Betsy just told me about Liz Mac and a girl named Blair, lawsuits?, and then what bits of info I know from staff/alums I've stayed in contact with...I'm still trying to take this all in and sort (trying to at least) through facts from emotional exagerrations...c'mon, ya' know it happens.

BUT...on the lighter side, it's really nice to see some old, but familiar names...Ashlee, Laura Ezell, Betsy...and Molly, I know, I know, I've been slackin' on getting back to you and Yes...I'm on it though now.

Love you girls and that has nothing to do with being "brainwashed" at MMS!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
On 2006-04-02 21:10:00, DS_KH wrote:

" through facts from emotional exagerrations...c'mon, ya' know it happens.

Love you girls and that has nothing to do with being "brainwashed" at MMS!"

I think it's hard to exaggerate the side effects of being in such an oppresssive environment, everything by it's nature takes an extreme positioning givne the extremity of the environment- no joke,

I will always care for the girls there...well, some--- definitely not MMS brainwashing, but certainly it amde relationships ...well, extremely intense b/c, again extremetiy of conditions in that most unnatural of enviroments

Offline DS_KH

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
On 2006-04-03 09:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

I think it's hard to exaggerate the side effects of being in such an oppresssive environment, everything by it's nature takes an extreme positioning givne the extremity of the environment- no joke,

I will always care for the girls there...well, some--- definitely not MMS brainwashing, but certainly it amde relationships ...well, extremely intense b/c, again extremetiy of conditions in that most unnatural of enviroments"

I didn't write or mean exaggerating side effects; "emotional exaggeration". I'm referring to the fact that an emotional state or response is almost inherently a separation from fact. As in you "feel" emotions; you don't think or logically develop emotion.Here's a simple example: For real, I am scared of most creepy crawly things, particularly spiders. My logical mind knows that despite the "ick" factor, it's easy to "squash" problem with the bottom of my shoe and then life goes on. BUT, when I come across a bigger spider and caught off guard by it, I usually let out screech and jump back. My emotional response is exaggerated in relationship to the actual situation that I logically know how to quickly solve without incident.

When I use the term "emotional exaggeration", it's not meant as a cut down or a way to invalidate someone, something, etc. Does that clear it up any?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »
On 2006-04-03 14:10:00, DS_KH wrote:

"

On 2006-04-03 09:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

I will always care for the girls there...well, some--- definitely not MMS brainwashing, but certainly it amde relationships ...well, extremely intense b/c, again extremetiy of conditions in that most unnatural of enviroments"

I didn't write or mean exaggerating side effects; "emotional exaggeration". I'm referring to the fact that an emotional state or response is almost inherently a separation from fact. As in you "feel" emotions; you don't think or logically develop emotion.Here's a simple example: For real, I am scared of most creepy crawly things, particularly spiders. My logical mind knows that despite the "ick" factor, it's easy to "squash" problem with the bottom of my shoe and then life goes on. BUT, when I come across a bigger spider and caught off guard by it, I usually let out screech and jump back. My emotional response is exaggerated in relationship to the actual situation that I logically know how to quickly solve without incident.

When I use the term "emotional exaggeration", it's not meant as a cut down or a way to invalidate someone, something, etc. Does that clear it up any?"

I'm thinking it kind of does clarify, I'm also thinking MMS thrived for that reason, because we were not afforded the luxury of criticism, which also includes the use of our minds.  When many of us describe acting like automotrons or whatever, it's for that reason I think...  We just went along with the plan and did that entirely out of fear.  

Does John represent the spider? (lol)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To Each Her Own
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »
oh, and thanks   :wink: