Author Topic: For Colleen Harrington  (Read 18317 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »
KAT.  I HAVE READ ALL OF YOUR POSTINGS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.  I SEE A SPECIAL CARING AND SENSITIVE YOUNG WOMAN EMERGING. I BELIEVE THAT THIS LETTER TO COLEEN MAY THE "TRUTH THAT SETS YOU FREE."   I HEAR A SOFTER AND WISER INNER VOICE THAT IS FINALLY EMERGING.  KEEP UP THE CARING AND BLAZING A TRAIL OF TRUTH.  MIA'S MOM.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »
what a nice think to say- thank you Mia's mom... I hope Mia is doing ok... I think we're doing good things over at CAFETY and foriming a strong core group of young people committed to ensuring that not another kid is harmed in the name of therapy or care... and that care is duely received.

Indeed the truth has set me free, a freedom I never thought possible... this whole expererience has been an incredible journey- I've met the most remarkable people, just by being honest.  I appreciate your kind words of support.  I hope that you come visit us over http://www.cafety.org  -- I post there a lot too!   :grin:    kat
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »
In my opinion... people are NAIVE when they listened to others opinions and decide to act or feel a certain way based on what they heard. You may be naive, but i hope you don't think an anonymous comment is the truth, it's just an opinion.....

A bit off subject, but... I saw Colleen not to long ago and she was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »
On 2006-04-26 02:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

people are NAIVE when they listened to others opinions and decide to act or feel a certain way based on what they heard... it's just an opinion

LOL- logic 101,you right... I think it would be NAIVE of anyone to listen to you... that, or absolutely moronic because you're obviously logically inept ...   :wstupid:  

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
On 2006-04-26 02:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"In my opinion... people are NAIVE when they listened to others opinions and decide to act or feel a certain way based on what they heard. You may be naive, but i hope you don't think an anonymous comment is the truth, it's just an opinion.....

A bit off subject, but... I saw Colleen not to long ago and she was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

I agree-acting soly on the basis of others beliefs about you, at the exclusion of all esle is- I wouldn't say it's naive, but certainly it could lend itself to some problems if you are unaware of your own self, your limitations, strengths and weaknesses and have no real sense of who you are in relation to the world- noting both intent and peoples feedback regarding your interactions with them, etc- a certain amount of objectivity is in order...  The very notion of opinion implies ambiguity, which, unless your prepared to make a scientific based assesement of... me (I assume that it's Mia's Mom's comment you're commenting on) it's hard to say whether or not I'm caring or sensitive or aquiring some wisdom in a verifiable truth kind of a way.  In general, I can confirm I am that way... although not all the time ..  I should know- I live with myself every minute of every day.

And, I can confirm that Colleen can indeed be wonderful... but she can also be pretty nasty.  And her passively allowing her husband to be a jerk is pretty weak of her... in my opinion. In truth.. she allowed her husband to be a jerk to us.  So I take off wonderful points for that.

Offline poncho

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
And, I can confirm that Colleen can indeed be wonderful... but she can also be pretty nasty.  And her passively allowing her husband to be a jerk is pretty weak of her... in my opinion. In truth.. she allowed her husband to be a jerk to us.  So I take off wonderful points for that.

"

snap snap! (the mms language for agreement)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
ah ha ha ha ha ha

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 10:34:00, poncho wrote:

snap snap! (the mms language for agreement)"

yay! snap snap to your snap snap-- ok ok- i'm tired... 13 hour work day, I'm going to go home and have a nice long conversation with a cold beer.    ::cheers::
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »
This was not in regards to Mia's moms comment... I am a 2 year survivor at MMS. I don't mean to get on anyone's case with any of my comments, but SOMETIMES (not always... nobody assume I am talking about all the time) sometimes people bitch and moan about how much MMS took away from their lives, personalities etc. and then mention they left the school in 1996. Uhhhh..... STOP LETTING THEM AFFECT YOU SO DEEPLY and let go. Stop ranting and raving about how horrible the school is. This is not an "official" website that is taking notes about people's bad experiences at MMS with intention to shut the school down. This is a website created by an un-happy MMS camper who went to the school when it first opened. PLEASE, no-one tell me "to breath" or "chill" because I am fine. I like this website most of the time... I just feel some people constantly post comments that make them sound like they are preaching the same sad song to the same choir. Instead of complaining and scaring the crap out of recent MMS graduates they should just listen and comment when they actually have something to say...

Wait... just wait ONE SEC... let me prepare myself......

Ok...... ATTTACK!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »
um...
huh?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
On 2006-04-27 00:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

" sometimes people bitch and moan about how much MMS took away from their lives, personalities etc. and then mention they left the school in 1996. Uhhhh..... STOP LETTING THEM AFFECT YOU SO DEEPLY and let go. Instead of complaining and scaring the crap out of recent MMS graduates they should just listen and comment when they actually have something to say..."

BETSY TROLL!!!!!!!!  we should ignore her!! im ignoring you Betsy/ANON from now on you just say shit to get a rise.your just about the most annoying person i have ever met and i even tried to like you and be respectful.  youre just a nasty cruel and mean person . you were like that while at mms and you are now.  and please give up the mms survivor bs, you obviously condone bad behavior and actively participated in it when u were an intern

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
Anon who doesn't like the "bitching from anyone who may have left MMS as FAR back as 1996:"
Do you honestly think there is a time limit on how long mental, emotional, psychological and physical abuse affects a person?
If you really think that-then YOU have a problem, a really BIG problem.
One doesn't say, "Oh, it's been 5 years, or 10 years, OR any given number of years...and then just shrug it off."
I want you to get real, and stop trying to "shame" anyone who wants to speak out about what they consider abuse. You are the one sounding mean-spirited and stupid.

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »
On 2006-04-27 09:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-27 00:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

" sometimes people bitch and moan about how much MMS took away from their lives, personalities etc. and then mention they left the school in 1996. Uhhhh..... STOP LETTING THEM AFFECT YOU SO DEEPLY and let go. Instead of complaining and scaring the crap out of recent MMS graduates they should just listen and comment when they actually have something to say..."

BETSY TROLL!!!!!!!!  we should ignore her!! im ignoring you Betsy/ANON from now on you just say shit to get a rise.your just about the most annoying person i have ever met and i even tried to like you and be respectful.  youre just a nasty cruel and mean person . you were like that while at mms and you are now.  and please give up the mms survivor bs, you obviously condone bad behavior and actively participated in it when u were an intern"

Dear Anon,
I obviously don't know who you are but I will say Im sorry you feel so much hatred towards me. It makes me sad.
I loved all you girls that I went to school with and ones i had the intertnship with, if not more so, becuase I knew exactly what you were going through.
Now, the comments that were made were not me. I have said before and say again.....if i have something to say I have no problem leaving my name by it. Im not the only one who opinion differs from yours and im not the first alumni to agree with another one.
I have been really busy with life and haven't been around and when I opened this topic i wasn't suprized to see your response.
the last time i saw colleen with the reunion and from what I saw she was awesome.......

p.s. three springs wagonwhatever......please stop posting on topics that have nothing to do with you. You didn't go to MMS so go the the three springs forum and post there....!!!!!
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »
Oh, one more thing....ive been an MMS alumni, not survivor, for a little over 10 years.....not 2..

Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful[ This Message was edited by: BarnardlyB on 2006-04-27 20:56 ]
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
For Colleen Harrington
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
And just what made Colleen seem so awesome?