Author Topic: Please sign petition to close abusive Provo Canyon School in  (Read 2560 times)

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Please sign petition to close abusive Provo Canyon School in
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:00:00 AM »
About 500 former students-patients, their family members and human rights activists have signed a petition to close Provo Canyon School. The petition asks the authorities to shut down this facility that has a "history of torturing America's youth." Many have made comments about there abuse which includes, forced drugging, denial of necessary medical care, punishment with isolation and seclusion, sleep deprivation and other physical, emotional and psychological abuses. If you'd like to view the petition it can be found at:
http://www.beyondbusiness.net/closepcs.htm
The signatures can be viewed at:
http://www.heal-online.org/sign.htm
This is the MOTHER OF ALL ABUSIVE PROGRAMS. If you think WWASPS is bad - this is where the founder of WWASPS - Robert Lichfield - learned the ropes of abusive behavior modification. He dropped out of college to be the Residential Director of Provo Canyon School. Of course he is now a mega-millionair as a result of his savy in the teen-industry. I call it the teen-torture-mindcult industry.

Please Sign if you have not done so    

There's only one party on Capital Hill and it's the bipartisan spending party.
http://www.cagw.org/' target='_new'>Tom Schatz, president of Citizens Against Government Waste

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »
I was a pateint at Provo Canyon School in the early 80?s and it was a very controlled  environment, ruthless.  They are the ones lying and manipulating. You cannot change a person  by  controlling them and  putting them in  isolation, and standing ips for goodness sake, I am now in my 30?s and have lower back pain, and trust issues, how can you trust  when people take advantage and lie to you, and leave you alone  for so long, it was insane the confusion and feelings of hate and anger they aroused ,they didn?t help, they harmed , and  it should be stopped.  I have never been able to talk about this to my parents, and I still remember walking down that hall and not knowing that was happening, as they  surely manipulated my mom as she sat there staring at me as I left, I cannot remember when I saw her, but the phone calls were  monitored and all that I have read is true , although I did not witness severe physical abuse, but harsh treatment , the steroid men throwing you down on the floor, like we can hurt them anyway, and the isolation and the cries, I cried for a year, what my mom was told is it is manipulation,it was all terrible, and it has got to stop!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
The emotional, mental and physical torture I experienced at Provo CAnyon School has haunted me since the day my father finally came to the campus, saw the truth for himself and took me out immediately. That was 4 years ago and still, to this day, I have nightmares of screaming girls being drug into the cold concrete rooms they called "observations". They would be drugged against their will with a shot in the butt and put to sleep. I remember being told to "get on a chair" where I sat for about 2 hours straight before any staff acknowledged me. Finally, one of the staff came over to speak to me. The first words out of her mouth were

"You are a disease and anyone you speak to...anyone you look at...anyone that gets near you is bound to catch your disease."

After that she put me on a "no talk" standing order where I was unable to speak whatsoever for 2 months straight.

Today I am 19 years old and have been out of Provo Canyon School for 4 years. I live 10 minutes outside of Hollywood and am working with a Miramax producer who is very much interested in my story. Right now we are almost finished writing the screenplay and will be working on a film within the next year or two. If that doesn't open up the eyes of parents across America I don't know what will.