Author Topic: The Whitmore Complex  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Whitmore Complex
« on: April 27, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »
Day after day.

Night after night.

The name Whitmore is in her head.

My daughter, Whitmore's Shining Star, that is.

-

We've tried to comfort her, but what she went through at the Whitmore was enough to make her swallow a bottle of her Dad's pills.

Yes, you may not understand her poetry, but don't call her names. She's already close enough to the edge as it is.

As for the Sudweeks, I have no place in my heart for their Mormonic Supremacy.

-Sandra O'Coyle
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
The Whitmore Complex
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
I happen to like your daughter's poems - And I hope she'll keep writing. It'll do her good to get it out on paper - or out into cyber-space, as she pleases.

As for the hateful name callers - tell her to ignore them. They resort to viciouse remarks attempting  invalidate your daughter's thoughts and feelings. But her thoughts and feelings, and poems, Are valid - and no one can invalidate them unless she lets them.

She mustn't let them.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
The Whitmore Complex
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
Mrs. O'Coyle,

Thank you for writing.  I hope your daughter is doing ok.  I too, have enjoyed her poetry--and have encouraged her to continue posting and writing; although I did not know the identity of the poet.

Please know that we parents who post here know your pain, and offer you any assistance we can.
We have been called names, of the worse kind--but continue to post here in an effort to uncover the truth, and to learn more about what happened to our children at Whitmore.

Please send me a Private Message if you would like to be in contact with me, or any of the other parents who post here. Many of us talk by phone and emails.

Take care of yourself, your family, and especially your precious daughter.

Joyce

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
The Whitmore Complex
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
Mrs. O'Coyl,

I, too, enjoy your daughter's poetry.  Please, tell her that she is not alone, and that she is believed.  

As Joyce said, we are all here to talk with, either here on Fornits. or private message, e-mail or phone.  Feel free to contact me any time.