Author Topic: QUOTES TO DEFEND MORE  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
QUOTES TO DEFEND MORE
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
?The most spiritual men, as the strongest, find their happiness where others would find their destruction: in the labyrinth, in hardness against themseleves and others, in experiments. Their joy is self-conquest. Difficult tasks are a priviledge to them; to play with burdens that crush others, a recreation. They are the most venerable kind of man: that does not preclude their being the most cheerful and the kindliest.
-Frederich Nietzsche

?If then the power of speech is as great as any that can be named,?if the origin of language is by many philosophers considered nothing short of divine?if by means of words the secrets of the heart are brought to light, pain of soul is relieved, hidden grief is carried off, sympathy conveyed, experience recorded, and wisdom perpetuated,?if by great authors the many are drawn up into unity, national character is fixed, a people speaks, the past and the future, the East and the West are brought into communication with each other,?if such men are, in a word, the spokesmen and the prophets of the human family?it will not answer to make light of Literature or to neglect its study: rather we may be sure that, in proportion as we master it in whatever language, and imbibe its spirit, we shall ourselves become in our own measure the ministers of like benefits to others?be they many or few, be they in the obscurer or the more distinguished walks of life?who are united to us by social ties, and are within the sphere of our personal influence.
-John Henry Newman

?If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.?
-Edward Richenbacker

?When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
-Lao-Tzu

?If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that ... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."
-John Lennon

?When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'"
-Sydney Harris

?In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."
-Henry Miller

?Grief and tragedy and hatred are only for a time. Goodness, remembrance and love have no end, and the Lord of life holds all who die and all who mourn.?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »