Author Topic: Halloween at straight??  (Read 5528 times)

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2002, 06:14:00 AM »
Hey anonymous, obviously you don't have the guts to state your real name! So, who is being fake??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
usan Minns

Offline the other anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2002, 10:24:00 PM »
Wow Jeff, that is totally sick that they made you do that.  I am just at a loss for words.  I am so sorry.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2002, 10:33:00 PM »
I thank GOD that my dad only showed up for open meeting night and wasn't all that into the program. It cut me deeply to see him comply with that part of it. I don't think I could have stood watching him herded into line like one of the cattle.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2002, 10:40:00 PM »
jeez I am going to have to further differentiate myself by coming up with another username. (I am NOT "the new anonymous")

I for one like ladyjerrico.  Right at this moment I can think of one vaguely pleasant memory from Straight.  While waiting in the intake room, girls would very lightly brush each other's forearms to tickle the hairs, which is a very peaceful and relaxing thing.  Of course all pleasant or "good" memories from Straight are tied up in the tragedy of the whole thing.  Sometimes it seems like everyone is quick to come down hard on any reference to good times, like if we even slightly allow good thoughts about any of it it would not look good, or else maybe it makes us nervous that if we allow that thought we will be as though brainwashed again.

Debate and sharing perspectives is one thing, personal attacks such as those on ladyjerrico by "Anonymous" are just plain old mean.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2002, 02:34:00 AM »
I still fantasize about running into many of the staff, and their little butt kissers.
I feel for them if I ever do pass them on the street and remember them fully.

I care less what the consequences of my actions will be. I will find satisfaction in the pain I inflict upon them.

I carry alot of that pain around with me to this day. I have always wanted to find one of those jerks and unload some of it.

I post this anonymously, as I don't want to give any warning of my actions.
I will again attend the survivors get together this year.
I will continue to look for those who deserve meeting up with me.

I look forward to running into any one of them.
Those who were abusive to their nukes, or those who went on to staff and were abusive to phasers I suggest that you not attend any of the reunions.

Those who were good to their nukes and phasers have nothign to worry about. You know who you are.

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2002, 07:35:00 AM »
I am curious about how you differentiate those who were "good" to their "newcomers" from those who were bad.  Isn't it only a matter of degree?  Do you draw the line at physical abuse?  But isn't it physical abuse just to keep somebody your prisoner?

Maybe some of those people you are looking for have come to regret their actions and see themselves as having been under the influence of a cult.  

I can't argue with your anger, and won't.  There have been times when I was that angry.  Maybe I am just repressed right now.  I did post that thing to Brady Minnick.  Thinking about what he did upsets me -- if he had not told me that lie I would not have given up trying to get out of Straight.  That lie changed everything.  But maybe he has come to realize the awful part he played there, in which case I can't see holding a grudge against him now.

I also can't see holding a grudge against anyone I was in there with.  They were just innocent teenagers like myself, caught up in a bad thing.  It does get confusing, because if I think about things from Straight it hurts.  But in terms of being mad at those people to this day -- why would I?  Either they have come out of the spell they were under to make them act like that, and regret their actions and words, or they haven't, which is really sadder.

In Straight I didn't have a newcomer for that long, but I did become quite militaristic.  I was always poking people to get them to sit up.  If you remember that, you might feel rage at being helpless in a blue chair with someone poking you.  But it wouldn't make any sense to come after me now, you would just be attacking some part of me that has mostly disappeared and that I wish would entirely disappear.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2002, 11:05:00 PM »
They had one set up in VA in 82 and 83. One girl, who worked in a "real" haunted house over in Ocean City, MD before the program didn't want to go in it.

-Whoah, I remember that! It was D.D. was it not?

But of course they made her anyway. She was very upset by it. Several people were slightly injured going thru the thing. Oldcomers and 7th Steppers were jumping out and pushing people

-How about ol' Dean as the "exorcist" & Paula
writhing around tied to a bed as if possessed!! Remember that?!? Is that some twisted irony or what?

Alex L.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2002, 11:07:00 PM »
testing...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2002, 11:55:00 AM »
HIT YOUR REFRESH BUTTON TO SEE YOUR POST
d'oh

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2002, 10:22:00 PM »
I wasn't even thinking to check page 2 (double d'oh!) No wonder I didn't see it...

ATTN: Site admin: please feel free to delete last 3 posts...sorry.

Offline stewball

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2002, 11:21:00 PM »
did paula have red hair?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Halloween at straight??
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2002, 11:46:00 PM »
Yes...and so did her brother Scott, who was also on staff there...>>>>>>AlexL