Author Topic: One of My Memories  (Read 2885 times)

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »
One other question I would like to know is do you have any knowledge of why in the hell I was on 5th phase for a year? How could staff ever think that was helpful in healing me?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »
yeah,no way you could go and say..."listen, during my intake I stashed this dope in the couch and just found it now."

Man, you would have been accused of "conning" and violating the first rule.

You did what anybody whould have done, I think.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »
Hi Christine,
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I do not remember you just by your first name?? And therefore I can't tell you why you were kept on 5th phase for so long.
You asked  if I ever feel bad about the way I treated people? That's a pretty general statement. It sounds like you didn't like me very much. I wonder if there is any one incident that comes to your mind about me? And, if so, can you tell me what it is?
Michigan was a very mild place compared w/some of the other programs. I have only good memories from there. However, yes, I do feel about bad one incident in California and if I ever get the chance to apologize to this person I will.
I have so many memories. I remember my first days in Straight. I remember some of the chain-of-command from my program. I remember the songs. I remember trying to run away. I remember why my parents said they wouldn't take me home if I left, they called it tough-love and I hated them for it. I remember so many people.
I remember having a clear conscience and practicing what I preached. If I did something wrong I told someone about it. I didn't smoke or date before I was allowed. I stopped hanging out with friends who were doing all the things I used to. And, I stayed sober.
My parents are still grateful for what Straight did for our family. As I said before, I was in bad shape when I entered the program, I'll never forget it and Straight saved my life!
Len

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
Thank you for responding Len. It was a long time ago, so no I don't have a specific incident in mind. However, I do remember you ripping people while leading raps. I agree Michigan was prolly the mildest of programs, but it still was no walk in the park.

There still was fear instilled in all of us. One never knew when there would be a confrontation and a set back for doing some "wrong". I mean come on Len, that place was not the way you help anyone.

I'm talking on the phone to Sue D. right now  discussing the absurd "treatment" of that place. She was on staff and can even admit to how wrong straight was. Sue says hi BTW. She posts on the alumni site not here.

I'll send you a pic to refresh your memory. I was the chick that wore flowered bell bottoms and dresses all the time. Blonde. The 5th phaser that flipped out in open meeting when she did not graduate.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »
You were allowed to wear dresses? was that a higher phase thing?

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
5th phase chicks had to wear dresses on monday and friday open meetings. Guy's wore ties.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
Can you please send me the alumni site address?
Thanks,
Len

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One of My Memories
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »
On 2005-10-07 16:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi Christine,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I do not remember you just by your first name?? And therefore I can't tell you why you were kept on 5th phase for so long.

You asked  if I ever feel bad about the way I treated people? That's a pretty general statement. It sounds like you didn't like me very much. I wonder if there is any one incident that comes to your mind about me? And, if so, can you tell me what it is?

Michigan was a very mild place compared w/some of the other programs. I have only good memories from there. However, yes, I do feel about bad one incident in California and if I ever get the chance to apologize to this person I will.

I have so many memories. I remember my first days in Straight. I remember some of the chain-of-command from my program. I remember the songs. I remember trying to run away. I remember why my parents said they wouldn't take me home if I left, they called it tough-love and I hated them for it. I remember so many people.

I remember having a clear conscience and practicing what I preached. If I did something wrong I told someone about it. I didn't smoke or date before I was allowed. I stopped hanging out with friends who were doing all the things I used to. And, I stayed sober.

My parents are still grateful for what Straight did for our family. As I said before, I was in bad shape when I entered the program, I'll never forget it and Straight saved my life!

Len"

I don't know you or anything, but one thing that it sounds like you were unaware of, is that lots of kids actually made up their drug lists just to stop getting yelled at. Lots of kids had to lie in order to be believed. Not everyone needed to be there and a lot of kids learned to lie and play the system in order to get ahead. None of this would have been necessary if the place itself hadn't been dishonest. Full of shit as they say. It sounds like it was positive for you but it definitely wasnt' a good place itself. No offence meant, just wanted to point this out since it sounds like you didnt know this. Some kids even forgot they had made up their drug lists until much later. That's all I will say.