Author Topic: To All Straight Survivors  (Read 11667 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To All Straight Survivors
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2004, 03:41:00 AM »
I was in straight I 7th stepped in 10 months After running once and being told by my parnets and the courts its juvi jail or Straight. the choice was easy. My ass was brain washed I admit that but the night I got out It started to get dirty again infact I used alot more drugs and buried more friends after straight.    

I have had bad trips withdraws and much more trama from my substance abuse than Straight caused me.Thank God I have Kicked them all ALONE with out help I might add!! I dont blame Straight for my problems that would only make me a bitter loser like some of you. I moved on and after almost twenty years I look back at it almost like a high school with a little mind fuck on the side.

I was also on jr. staff until I got kicked off for being too confrontational and basically power mad. You give a 16 year old power he will abuse it. Hell give a 50 year power he will abuse it!!

In closing I would Like to add if you think getting high and being bitter is getting back at Straight you are still brainwashed and all those Rebels who think they didnt conform you really did Straight needed you to set an example to the rest you where just pawns in there game too. The way it looks some of you still are all these years later

The people who still have problems look to a phycoligist, family or your minister. Dont look to the internet.I will keep you all in my prayers. Let go of the resentment its the only way to heal.

SCH
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Melaniemelco

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »
.Never mind
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:29:56 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 04:24:00 AM »
On 2002-10-24 23:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  I would like to start by simply asking each of you who take the time to read this post to imagine a hypothetical situation. I apologize in advance for the seemingly crude nature but it is the closest analogy that I could come up with. Please bear with me, there is a point that I believe needs to be made.

Two women are brutally raped. Both are stripped of their dignity, sense of security and are forever scarred by the experience. The first struggles against her assailant with all her strength but is overcome in the end. The second lies silent and motionless, hoping only that her compliance will bring this nightmare she is experiencing to a quick end and that she might live to see another day.

My question to each of you is who among you have the audacity to judge which of them is the greater victim?

For those of you who wear your ?mis-behaving? cop-outs, and general non-conformity to the program as some demented badge of honor and seem to assert that you were the only ?true?victims of Straight, I ask you consider that others who acted in complete conformity, also just wanting the nightmare to end, to the SAME abusive tactics did so at an EQUALLY high price. A price that may not have been paid to the degree at which you suffered while actually in the program but one that has demanded payment each and every day that has followed.

I began searching out sites such as this one around two weeks ago in an effort to begin facing issues that have haunted me and drastically affected nearly every aspect of my life. Deep inside I?ve always known they were a product of my experience at Straight but have found the experience of remembering those days to painful to seem worthwhile. Thinking that maybe I was far enough removed from the experience that I could begin searching for answers I found myself here.

Though I have sincerely appreciated the comments, replies, and insight from many of your posts, the events of this past week (sleepless nights, nightmares when I have managed to fall asleep, loss of appetite, mental and physical exhaustion, fits of rage followed by extreme depression and most of all the feeling of being back in a group environment where one can reveal the deepest part of his or herself only to have their words twisted and turned against them, so reminiscent of Straight) I have decided it?s time to get back to the business of living my daily life with a focus on the future rather than the past.

To anyone new to facing the issues of your past concerning Straight and also new to these sites, I strongly advise you to PRECEDE WITH CAUTION!!!! Though I am certain that most of the people here and other related sites desire only to promote healing both in their lives and the lives of others, I am equally certain that there are those whose intentions are quite the opposite. The problem arises of trying to discern who is who and doing so is difficult, at best, in this context. The old saying stands true ?hurt people hurt people?though probably in most case unintentionally. It is just a result of throwing this many people together that have ALL suffered at the hands of abuse. I believe a safer environment, such as one on one therapy with an OBJECTIVE professional, is probably a better option for anyone in the beginning stages of coming to terms with such extremely deep, personal and emotional issues. This is simply MY opinion and what I have learned from this whole experience. Along with fifty cents it?ll buy you a coke but my intentions are to maybe save someone the pain and confusion that I have experienced over these past two weeks.

To those of you who plan to take Sembler head on, I pray for your success. I hope to be healed and whole enough one day to join you in the fight without it consuming me, something I do not believe I am capable of at this point.

This will be my final post. I pray God blesses each of you and grants you the truth, justice and most of all peace that you desire and deserve.

Sincerely,

Marc Shelton

"

No,Im the one who fought back and escaped while others assisted in abusing NEWcommers.
Either you caved in or you didn't.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2006, 04:27:00 AM »
On 2002-10-25 06:54:00, Carmel wrote:

"Wish you all the best of luck Marc, and I am sorry for your pain.  I hope you find the strength to meet your goals and possibly come back here once in a while.

Try to keep in mind that a healing process is more often than not filled with painful memories and experiences.  Dont sell yourself short trying too hard to avoid pain in recovery.  I agree with you that the harshness can get a bit deep around here, but by the same token, we have the freedom to defy it and make  a stand without fear of physical or mental retribution.  Thats something we most certainly did NOT have in Straight.  Going back and facing those situations all over again, and being able reject them with confidence can be a great healing tool.

Again, good luck to you and yours,

Carmel

"

Shut your gaping hole you DRUGGIE WHORE!