Author Topic: girls' vs. guys' raps  (Read 6277 times)

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« on: October 24, 2002, 11:27:00 AM »
After sitting through countless girls' raps where all we talked about was what sluts and whores we all were, I wonder what the guys talked about. Was it the same? Were you made to feel ashamed of any and all sexual experiences? Also, it seemed like there was a lot of exaggeration about some sexual stuff. So much emphasis on sex in an asexual environment...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline enough

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 12:27:00 PM »
Yes we also spent an inordinate amount of time discussing sex in guys raps.

Our raps often centered on how we we losers and scum because we had been using women for sex etc. For my own part, I was reminded quit often about the fact that being an addict had somehow lead to me being sexually molested, as I have posted here before.

A totally insane notion, fed by my own exaggerations in pursuit of group acceptance, as well as the obsessed ideology of the zealots who were running the hellhole.

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »
As a MBer, I wasn't privy to many guys raps, but when boredom set in, I'd be nicey-nice enough to get a few laughs. Generally, I'd hear stuff about getting girlfriends pregnant, sex abuse or the ocasional guy-guy thing. Every once in a while, I'd hear something really ill...Like the animal luv crap or some twisted asshole admit to abusing a kid. I know this stuff isn't funny, but ya gotta remember as a MBer, I had an image to project. One day this kid stands up and admits that he'd been shoving a hairbrush up his ass. The whole freaking group just busted up, the staff as well. The sad thing was this guy was actually expecting empathy or counsel...I hear he bought a gerbil farm. HA!
Jason

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 05:11:00 PM »
James is correct. There was this one guy who was confronted mercilessly for claiming to have never jerked off. Then there was this guy who confessed to once, while hunting, to having relations with the doe he just shot. Another, spoke of romances with farm animals. Needless to say I was quite scandalized. Some thing just should have been kept to themselves.

Do y'all remember that 4th phaser that got caught having a wank in the bathroom?

CL

Offline Hagrid

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 05:37:00 PM »
Clay,
While you were on staff, we would come back from working at Jiffy Lube or Mr. Pride, and raise our hand in the back of group and ask for permission to take an extra 5 mins in the shower to relieve tension. The guy who started this was Chuck from Alabama, can't rember last name, but he was hillarious.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 06:13:00 PM »
On 2002-10-24 09:27:00, James wrote:
Yes we also spent an inordinate amount of time discussing sex in guys raps.

Our raps often centered on how we we losers and scum because we had been using women for sex etc. For my own part, I was reminded quit often about the fact that being an addict had somehow lead to me being sexually molested, as I have posted here before.

A totally insane notion, fed by my own exaggerations in pursuit of group acceptance, as well as the obsessed ideology of the zealots who were running the hellhole.

This was Miller Newton's doing. Prior to him, the program (The Seed) Had girls/guys rap where we gave sexual confession.

Along came The prick Newton and he tried to redefine "druggie" into "addict" and then redefined the definition of addict.

His sick twisted perverted definition of addict exists thru today in the offshoot programs.

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 07:16:00 PM »
Oh yeah, it got freaky.  I remember some guy "confessing" to having sex with his GRANDMOTHER'S CORPSE.  Now, to this day I don't believe him, but he did put on quite a show by crying wailing during the story.  Let's just say that was an uncomfortable 15 minutes.
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline enough

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 07:44:00 PM »
Actually I was dropped from second to first within a week of making second because I had been spending too long in the bathtub 'reading the bible' ahem. I self withdrew within two days.

There were two guys who stood up in Atlanta one day and admitted to a guy/guy relationship, both were threatened with termination till they broke down crying, stated clearly that they only did to feel good because of addiction, and then begged to be started over instead of Termed- bet they might think differently today.

There was one brother/sister combo in Atlanta that admitted to incest. That was most uncomfortable for everyone, and ended up something this guy talked about in guys raps for a few weeks. Again- he was convinced that he only did it because of addiction.

The thing about masturbation was just soo unhealthy. Nothing could be more natural or healthy, and they made it out to be part of a chronic, terminal diease, nothing could be further from the truth.

Maybe this is too personal for this pforum, maybe not- but I have only recently overcome the habit of reaching orgasm in total silence- a habit that developed from the life in those hellish private prison's we referred to as host/foster homes.

As Wes points out on his website, part of this was self defense on the cults part- who was going to sue with the prosepct of your deepest sexual secrets being revealed in open court documents?

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2002, 04:21:00 PM »
Speaking of Miller, on more than one occasion I noticed him standing in the back of girl's rap - just observing, I'm sure...

Shelby

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2002, 04:47:00 PM »
There was a girl in our group that admitted to having sex with a guy in a wheelchair. Now, I dont really see what was wrong with that now, but then it was used as a horrible incident that she was to be totally ashamed of.  

I mean, guys in wheelchairs are allowed to have sex too right?  But everytime she was made to talk about it, it was like she had commited something so awful and shameful....she "had sex with a guy who couldnt walk" like he was a monster or something...Ill never get that.

Basically, in our group if you hadnt had a guy/guy or girl/girl relationship...or if you hadnt had sexual contact with an animal...well, then you were lying.  Until you admitted to at least the homosexual part..you werent considerd to be even remotely honest.  And that meant even if you had shown your "business" to another girl when you were 7 or some crap like that.  It was considered a druggie behaviour.

Ridiculous.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2002, 11:21:00 PM »
The whole program was beserk with this "who can out weird who" in those raps.  Like someone said, you had to AT least have had a walk on the wild side to be considered honest.  I heard a lot of FREAKY stuff in 2 years.  
I hated it.  They were freakiest about masturbation: incidentally the only sex I'd had at 13.  They goaded me into tears over noticing my naked sister run through the house looking for a towel.  I earned T&R that week.  Sickos they were.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2002, 09:37:00 AM »
There were a few people on the girls side who claimed to never have sex before entering Straight, every girls rap after that they were asked to stand up and they were yelled at for not having anything to say. Sheesh, sounds like Straight was encouraging those who didn't have sex to come up with something clever or just wanted to rip on them for still being a virgin.
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2002, 01:42:00 PM »
I was a virgin when I went in too.  For whatever reason they believed me.  I seem to remember a lot of times that people would talk about sexual things in regular raps too.  Anyone else rememebr that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2002, 02:00:00 PM »
When I was on Staff I got confronted for walking in to the room where a girls rap was being held.  She thought I was trying to listen to what they were talking about.  OK I was walking through a little slower than usual. LOL

Don

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
girls' vs. guys' raps
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2002, 10:04:00 PM »
Whoa....that was intense.  
Let's hear it for Jennifer Seal.  
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!