Author Topic: Gratitude  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
Gratitude
« on: March 31, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
Times have changed my friends but lets think back to 1974. The Seed saved my life and for that I'm eternally grateful.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
I can second that emotion/ notion /belief / realization. I believe the same is true for me,
Chris L

PS - Oh & 74' was pretty rockin too!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 02:47:00 AM »
I enjoyed being in such a secret society where you could speak your mind. :smokin: And listen. Nobody ever abused me I just kept my ass busy with school and work. :smokin:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
I'm alive and well and it keeps getting better every day. (and no I'm not Mr. Rodgers)I learned some very important lessons and I'm glad I did.
 :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »
On 2005-04-01 05:10:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"I'm alive and well and it keeps getting better every day. (and no I'm not Mr. Rodgers)I learned some very important lessons and I'm glad I did.

"

me too. Many lessons learned for me.

One lesson was not to trust authority. Another is people that claim to have your best interest at heart oftentimes have alterior motives. Still another  is when people say they are going to lock somone up, restrict their food, contacts with people and try to control even their thinking to "help them", be real suspicious.

to go further, kids counseling kids where one kid cannot get up and leave or call for help is a dangerous formula for abusive situations.  And another... people claim to have their life saved when there is no evidence or reason to claim such a strong statement other than it being repeated to them everyday under coersion. Here's another...some people thrive under situations where other's feel abused, tortured and captured.

I could go on and on but none of it is the wonderfull life lessons received from singing zipedeedodah under threat  if I didn't participate or repeating stupid slogans like the "steps", "signs" or "serenity prayer" or confessing my sexual secrets to large groups in boys raps or being screamed at by a bunch of children..all under "treatment" by another group of children.

Gregfl

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »
I never was forced to tell any sexual secrets-
Nor did anyone ever ask about my sexlife- Nor did I ever hear anyone talk about sexual stories EVER in the group.  Maybe something like this happened in St. Pete but in all my years this was never anything I heard.  Yes ocassionally someone would go overboard on saying what might happen to you in Jail by BuBa or some shit like that - which I must admit I would cringe and never liked that (I was never a prude but I never liked girls saying that they needed to grow a set of balls either). but that was said maybe 30 yrs ago and I have not heard that since then.  And the starving issue I gained twenty pounds in about 2-3 months.  Food was never anything that was purposely not given to anyone.  Teens can eat quite a bit.
Greg the Seed did save my life and no it was not perfect.  No I'm not brainwashed.  I used to even wish 30 years ago I could be It would have made it alot easier than working through alot of the shit that I had to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
Really? what DID you guys discuss in boys rap?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
On 2005-04-01 06:05:00, GregFL wrote:

"

On 2005-04-01 05:10:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"I'm alive and well and it keeps getting better every day. (and no I'm not Mr. Rodgers)I learned some very important lessons and I'm glad I did.

"

me too. Many lessons learned for me.

One lesson was not to trust authority. Another is people that claim to have your best interest at heart oftentimes have alterior motives. Still another  is when people say they are going to lock somone up, restrict their food, contacts with people and try to control even their thinking to "help them", be real suspicious.

to go further, kids counseling kids where one kid cannot get up and leave or call for help is a dangerous formula for abusive situations.  And another... people claim to have their life saved when there is no evidence or reason to claim such a strong statement other than it being repeated to them everyday under coersion. Here's another...some people thrive under situations where other's feel abused, tortured and captured.

I could go on and on but none of it is the wonderfull life lessons received from singing zipedeedodah under threat  if I didn't participate or repeating stupid slogans like the "steps", "signs" or "serenity prayer" or confessing my sexual secrets to large groups in boys raps or being screamed at by a bunch of children..all under "treatment" by another group of children.

Gregfl

"

How sad for you.  Blaming this program for all your problems?  Take a little responsibility for your own life, buddy.  Grow some balls.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Gratitude
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
On 2005-04-01 15:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

How sad for you.  Blaming this program for all your problems?  Take a little responsibility for your own life, buddy.  Grow some balls."

I wish I had Greg's problems...

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it.  That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.
-- In the August 1993 issue, page 9, of PS magazine, the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

(from anonymous to scared to sign his name:)

How sad for you.  Blaming this program for all your problems?  Take a little responsibility for your own life, buddy.  Grow some balls."

Who said I had problems? Who said I blamed said problems on the "program". Who mentioned placing responsiblity for my life outside the realm of my own personal responsiblity?

You, buddy, need to "grow" the ability to discuss issues in a logical manner, following the subject without creating red herrings.

Shit, I get so sick of people projecting their own weaknesses onto others in the name of defending Art Barker's little youth prison camp.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
Back on topic.....

Ft Lauderdale, what did you guys discuss in boys rap?

I have very specific memories of being terrified in boys rap about the sexual discussion. remember, My memory is from a pre pubescent virgin 14 year old boy perspective...so this stuff was very traumatic for me.

And to anon, don't worry, I am no longer a virgin and don't have lingering sexual issues due to this.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
Recall though, as a virgin child, what sexual history could one confess to having anyway?  Pressure to admit/confess to things that were unture for ACCEPTANCE or ANONYMITY. If you had no sexual history you were branded a liar.  I saw one of my friends confess to things I KNEW were not true just so she would be let alone and the "come down" would stop.

From a distance, this sure does sound a lot like that that "druggie acceptance-seeking" behavior we were so skillfully taught to seek and destroy in each other - something that could only be done when you were "really working the program."  You know...do the right things and the right things will happen....Confess and you will be accepted or left alone...

No wonder some of the products of this program are so freaking confused.  All it managed to do was create a whole generation of people firmly convinced they were addicts.  To this day many will accept no personal responsibility for their own choices, claiming instead that they are truly powerless over things.  Even when they succeed - it's not because of their own actions, it's because of Art Barker.  Now that is something that is really sad. To be so brainwashed that you can't even give yourself credit for living a full and productive life.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
Or the inverse.. to blame your problems on your failure to accept the program dogma and also to long for the days you were held captive, estranged and incommunicado, as we have witnessed here on this very website.

Or even still.. to project onto other people failures and embitterment they do not posess because they do not recite the dogma of the program.

Or even another.. to degenerate adult conversations into confrontational attack sessions with little or no provocation other than a contrary opinion or memory of the experience we all shared.

Yes, the program has embittered a unique bit of unsocial physchology in some of us, and It is not such a pretty thing when witnessed with distance from the dogma. Freedom from this one way programmed thinking comes from understanding and studying the unnatural processes and pressures that we were submitted to as children.

Stripe, your observation in my opinion is a brilliant assessment of one result that lingers in some post seed adults. The "saved addict syndrom" as it were, usually attributed to non-addicts that thru enslavement, repetition,thought stopping exercises, and  enforcement of group thinking, had convinced him/herself that their very survival and self-worth hinged on that 30 year old unnatural experience and then never challenged the notion internally. Never mind the wealth of experiences that came before and after The Seed, and never mind that addiction almost never existed in seed kids and the vast majority of our friends that escaped the "help" of the seed went on to lead productive and full lives.

Those of us here today successfull and living full lives are doing so because we had the inner strength and will to do so, not because it was magically imparted to a worthless dying child some 30 years ago.

The myth is that we were all dying or on a one way ticket to jail, mental hospital or some other tortured existence. It simply isn't true for the vast majority of the people who attended the seed. It was a myth created by a man with an agenda, a god complex perhaps, who was busy building a financial empire and personal kingdom.... surrounding himself with the "cream of the crop" of the kids hand picked to worship him for the rest of his life.

When the smoke clears, real understanding is waiting.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
Here- Here.  A toast to the thinking brain.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Gratitude
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »
On 2005-03-31 23:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I enjoyed being in such a secret society where you could speak your mind. :smokin: And listen. Nobody ever abused me I just kept my ass busy with school and work. :smokin: "

Speak your mind? Sure, but only if what you said conformed with program dogma. Otherwise, you were subjected to intense peer pressure to change your ideas to bring them into line. Here on this forum we can speak our mind. People here can praise the program or criticize it, agree or disagree. No such freedom of thought existed while I was at the seed.

Many speak of having been "given" tools at the seed. There was no giving...more like a forced-feeding. I remember raps on becoming the person you were always meant to be. I never felt like the person I was meant to be while there. It was more like we were supposed to be the person art / staff and the seed ideology meant for us to be. We simply exchanged one sort of peer-pressure for another, one sort of conformity for another, equally as stifling, imo.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'