Author Topic: Alana, simple question...  (Read 7396 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Alana, simple question...
« on: March 28, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »
Alana, please take a look at the following post. It's just one exmaple of many, many posts that came from the same account as others stating that they were at the Mansion when they posted.

Unless you think someone hacked that account and made dozens of similar posts (not at all likely), can you explain to me how you can defend this kind of behavior?

Anonymous
Unregistered User Posted: 2005-03-10 16:03:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Did you forget leah? You told us all about your family secrets, and if you dont stop i will tell them all, if you are going to tell lies about us, its going to backfire on you. and what do you want us to do, rescue you like you have been your whole life? so you can turn into your grandpa?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=35#86425

Folks, I have a request. Please don't pile on here. I'm asking you not to throw a million other questions into this thread. I'd like to see how Alana responds to just this one question.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
--Albert Einstein

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »
Can I take your logging off just now to mean that you can't defend it?

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
::bump::

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
--Robert Frost, American poet

Offline Alana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
Hello - I'm happy to answer your question.  I haven't logged off.  I have just been trying to do other things as well.

What is your question, Antigen?
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
All I can do is give my opinion.  This is a forum for those.  Nobody is on trial here.  I don't know who posted this, but more importantly, I don't understand the question. Can you clarify your question?  Are you asking whether I can defend the poster's opinion, the poster's right to post it, or what.  

I'm not sure what you are asking.  In any case, as I've stated, I am giving you my opinion.  I don't know who is hacking what.  I can tell you that I have received messages from people on this site who then said they never sent them.  I don't know who sent them.  It really doesn't matter, though.

If this is to be a true exchange of opinion, let's allow everyone to have theirs.  I don't need to defend whoever posted that message.  I'm not sure I even understand it.

Have I answered your question?
lana

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »
Alana,

"Did you forget leah? You told us all about your family secrets, and if you dont stop i will tell them all, "

That's pretty clear. What part of it do you not understand?

That post (the one I quoted and linked to) was just one of many posts threatening to use private information against Whitmore critics (kids, in other words, who had trusted them or who's parents had trusted them w/ that info)

I can verify that I am 99% sure, as sure as anyone can be, barring some extremely sophisticated and bizarre kind of hoax, that that post and many other similar threats were, indeed, sent from the Whitmore.

Does it occure to you that you should (must!) be very careful not to piss those people off? I mean, if they'll do it to Leah and Erica and Jason and Joey and anyone else who crosses Cheryl, don't you think they might do it to you and your daughter too?

One day, you may well see (or hear over the phone)
"Did you forget Tori? You told us all about your family secrets, and if you dont stop i will tell them all,"

I don't know about you, but that alone, if that were even the half of it, is enough to make me not trust these people around vulnerable, naively trusting children!

Instead of giving money to fund colleges to promote learning, why don't they pass a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as good as the Prohibition one did, why, in five years we would have the smartest race of people on earth.
--Will Rogers

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Offline Alana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
The way I read it, it appears to be a posting from a teenager.  If the Sudweeks were to monitor the kids' e-mail, they'd be chastised here (see previous postings); if they don't monitor, and the kids speak freely, is that a problem, too?

I'm not worried about making anyone there angry, and if parents don't trust them, so be it.  I think we've established beyond a shadow of a doubt that some parents don't trust them.  Does this forum exist as a bully pulpit to try to convince everyone to attack the Sudweeks?  If so, there's no point in anyone who has a contrary opinion posting it.  If that's the purpose of this Whitmore discussion, please be decent enough to let me know and I'll be happy to cease posting.  It looks to me like anyone who likes the Whitmore comes under attack.  I'd rather get involved in a fair dialogue.  If this is the "attack the Whitmore" clan, please tell me and I'll check out. . .
lana

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »
Alana,

I thing the problem is this. These kinds of postings, the threatening ones to Leah, are with the approval of Cheryl, if not written by Cheryl herself.  Leah was quite privy to a lot of what Cheryl does.  I would think that that should be something for you to think about regardless of what you think the Sudweeks did for Tori.  You know, the end doesn't always justify the means.  And therein lies the problem.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
It seems very difficult for a Sudweeks follower to put themself in the "position of the Sudweeks turning against them" and threatening THEM. Alana just does not seem capable of putting herself in that position, and answering the question.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Apparently you haven't read what I've written.  I've posted numerous messages answering this.  Let me just say it one more time.  I am NOT in that position.  I'm not asking you to put yourself in mine because it's impossible.  I'll say it again - if a parent doesn't trust what's going on at The Whitmore, they should do what they think is right, just as I'm doing.  

IF the Sudweeks were abusive, I would be the first to pull my child out.  I have not experienced that though.  What more do you want??  If you think I'm going to join your hostile, vigilante group, you're wasting your time.  At least be a big enough person to allow others their opinion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
If I believed that, my opinion would change.  I don't believe for one minute that it's Cheryl.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
Have you asked her,Cheryl that is? Or your daughter? You might be surprised at the answer.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
I believe you believe what you say. And I agree w/ you to some extent. Some of the ppl who are no longer very happy w/ the Whitmore have gone far afield of the original complaints and been quite ugly about it at times. (in the Southern sense of the word) People do sometimes lose their temper. That's life.

Gmom is right. When you put it all together, the idea that all these kids have posted all this foul and threatening stuff w/o the Suds knowing it just doesn't pass the giggle test. If they have that little idea how those kids are spending their time, well that sort of flies in the face of everyone's claims that they very strictly control the kids' schedules and activities, doesn't it?

Here's the funny part. When I first heard about threats against the kids who made statements to the Nephi PD that Cheryl didn't like, I took it w/ a grain of salt. Of course, I understand that kids (and adults) often exagerate or misrepresent things; especially whenever they're talking about a matter of contention.

But then I saw these same threats coming from the same location as all the Whitmore 'support' as well as a few from other parts of the country. Along with that, information that should have been kept in confidence and protected by pt/therapis confidentiality used as amunition in this little war.

This isn't just rumor or second hand info. We all saw those posts and I can attest to the fact that many of them came from the same location as people who stated things like "I'm looking Cheryl right in the face now" or "I'm living home, but just visiting the Whitmore right now" or "I'm sitting on the second floor of the Mansion right now" or "We're all packing up, getting ready for our trip to Mexico".

If I hadn't seen that reaction, I'd still be wondering about those allegations. But the Whitmore people have confirmed them. It seems to me that you're already pretty solidly alligned w/ a vigilante group.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys

--P.J. O'Rourke

Offline Alana

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
That last few replies were from Alana.  I forgot to sign in.  I'm not afraid to use my name like some others are.  I was distracted - my poor, brainwashed, miserable daughter who never tells me anything called me.  Oops?  Could that be?  They "let" her call???

In case anyone cares, the kids are having a blast on their trip.  Note to vigilantes:  Just ignore this message.  You won't believe it anyway.
lana

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
So Tori has re-joined the traveling school? Hope since she is "staff" that she won't be required to sleep under the bus. Understand some of the kids are very upset about that. Do you think having underage kids hanging out at Circus Circus in Las Vegas is appropriate, too for travel studies?