Author Topic: Whitmore  (Read 15100 times)

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
If you have a child and you find a program that works for you, I wish you the best of luck.

I continue to support the Sudweeks based on my own personal experience.  You are certainly entitled to your opinion.  I respectfully disagree.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
My hope for you is that you get rid of your anger and get help for your child.  If you don't have a child at The Whitmore, you cannot speak from personal experience.  If you are a parent who removed their child from The Whitmore, I can only hope that you find a program that works for you and your child, and I can only hope that you obtain the results that the Sudweeks have given us.

Good luck to you.
lana

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Alana,
You need not speak directly to me.
I am not the only parent who has filed charges against the Sudweeks.
I am not the only parent who posts here and relates the abuses their child has suffered at the Whitmore, not by a long shot. I am just one that uses her name.
What has been posted here stating the out right abuses suffered by VARIOUS STUDENTS is truth--and most of them are abuses other students were subjected to over a long period of time.  Many of the students are home now, going to college--but they have talked to the authorites in Utah revealing the abuses they suffered by the Sudweeks...so it is NOT MY views. I do not know these former students, and I do not talk to other people's children. That is not my place.
I would never make the same mistake TWICE--my daughter will never be placed in another "boarding school."

I feel very sorry for the kids who are being manipulated still--and who will be facing the legal consequecies of their involvment in the Sudweeks backlash against parents.

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
My, my, what anger.  I hope you find the peace that you so clearly need.

Thank you for asking - my visit with my children was wonderful.  We spent nearly every minute of 10 days together.  Tori and I visited this site for the same reason most other people do - for an exchange of opinions.  I have given mine, which I base on my own experience.  Isn't that what this site is for?  Or is it only for those who breed hysteria and hyperbole?  Tori is grateful to the Sudweeks for helping her find her spirit.  Our entire family is grateful.

We are happy - I just hope that you can find that happiness, too; if not at The Whitmore then at whatever place works for you.

Best of luck.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.  I remain grateful to the Sudweeks and they never did anything that I found unacceptable.  I am aware of all the accusations.  I'm just a grateful mom and nobody will take that away from me.  That's a gift from the Sudweeks that nobody can put a price on.

I just hope you can find a program or a path that gives you the same.  I wish that for everyone who is a struggling teen or is a family member of one.
lana

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
Who said I was angry?
You sound a bit like the Whitmore people.
If anyone differs with any of you---you name call or accuse people of being angry.

No. We state facts. That is not anger. It is facts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
Alana think there a question for you on "Alana, simple question" care to answer that one?

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
Antigen,

I have replied to your messages, but I'm not seeing them on here.  Where do I find them?

Thank you.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
I'm sorry, Joyce.  I thought that we could have a civil dialogue.  Again, I respect your right to your opinion.

You can choose not to respect mine.  That is fine.  I don't need vindication and I don't need to prove my point to anyone on this site.  It is a forum for opinions  - or so I thought.

I apologize if I offended you.  As I've said before, I wish you nothing but the best.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
I have never claimed to speak for the Sudweeks.  Everyone has to deal with this in their own way.

I'm not responsible for others' issues - but I was under the impression that this was a forum to speak our opinions. I'm merely giving mine.  To my knowledge, that does not require my working to provide phone numbers.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence ("modern," "strong," "fearless" - none of which I claim to be).  Sorry - I won't take the bait here.  I have no need to dig deeper.  I am responsible for my daughter and that's what I focus on.  Again, I respect your right to your opinion.  Reality is not ignorance.  I am not accusing the accusers of being ignorant or making things up or anything else.  I understand that they have opinions.

Likewise, I have mine.  In my opinion, the Sudweeks rock.  Sorry - we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Respectfully,

Alana
lana

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
Alana,
I am not offended.
But, I do not need advice about my daughter.

You directed you comments to me, and I was not even posting. I am not the only parent who expresses comments/opinions here; and when I do, I use my name- as you do.

I do have a problem accepting any sincerity in your statement that "you wish me the best."  Perhaps it is a sincere statement, I have no way of knowing. I do know that other supporters of the Sudweeks have called my home with threatening phone calls. My family has received threatening emails. And we are waiting for the FBI to let us know exactly who invaded our computer system. We have received attempts at blackmail from information stolen from our computer. So, I do not have a lot of confidence in Sudweeks' supporters at this moment. Hopefully you can understand.

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
Again, I understand your opinion.  You bring up a good point.  If that happened to my daughter, I might ask a few questions.  On balance, though, some spit in peanut butter was the least of my worries when my daughter entered The Whitmore.  I considered us lucky to have her alive.  Everything is relative.  As I've said, what is acceptable to one parent might offend another.  I had bigger issues.  I'm not condoninig what you describe; I did not see that in relation to my daughter.  If that were her biggest problem when she was at The Whitmore, I'd have been thrilled.  You can judge that any way you'd like.  In the big scheme of life and death, something like that would have to take it's place way down the list.  Additionally, I would question everything my daughter told me at the time.  By her own admission, she lied and manipulated, as do many other teens.  I'm not saying the child in this discussion did that.  I'm just responding.  Spit in pb&j is indeed not healthy.  Suicide is worse.  

I can only speculate how I'd feel based on what I was going through when I sent my daughter to  The Whitmore.   Hindsight is 20/20, as they say.  I certainly understand the parent who would be upset.  I was just facing bigger issues.
lana

Offline Alana

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
Absolutely.  I do understand, and my wishes are sincere.  I thought you would know that from our previous communications and from my willingness to cooperate with your requests.  (Perhaps that wasn't you??  If not, the culprit sent me even more messages.)

I would never give advice to you about your daughter.  I simply wish you peace and the best for you and your family.
lana

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Whitmore
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
After we communicated and you sent me those emails...even more came? Wow!
I still have that email address open (but I no longer use it) if you want to forward them.

Then thank you for your wishes for our family.
I am happy that you son came home safely from Iraq too.  That was nice news to read, too.