Author Topic: any info???  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« on: February 22, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »
Does anyone have any information at all on Mission Mountain?   :question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »
I have a friend at Mission Mountain who is not allowed to communicate with anyone on the outside. I would really like to hear about what goes on there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »
i know a girl who has been sent to this school by her mother out of anger at the girl and now the girl is stuck for the next two years. the mother signed all her rights as a parent over to this school, she no longer makes any choices for the girl.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this 'school'? Is there any way to contact students?

Offline audge

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
i went there and no, there is no way to contact the students.  when they come home to visit they will be brainwashed and will not want to talk to you about anything but how there lives have changed as a result of mission mountain and why it probabley isn't okay that they talk to you anymore.  after they graduate it will take months if not years for them to return to a healthy state of mind based on their selves as opposed to what they've been told to say and how they've been told to act.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
When I came home, I was not brainwashed audrey.  Kind of makes me angry actually... But that's just me, personally.

Offline audge

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »
i was brainwashed.  i was told i had to go to aa even though i wasn't an alcoholic (i was an alcoholic "waiting to happen")  i was scared of my parents sending me away again or yelling at me so i never stood up for myself with adults.  i didn't talk to my friends because they would be a "bad influence."  i never went out with new friends at my school because i thought they would make me do drugs.  i didn't know that there were good people who weren't approved by mission mountain.  i'm sorry if i was too general, but that was my experience.

Offline Harriet

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
My parents now regret how long I spent in treatment especially at MMS.  It is such a business, watch out!  They get you in there and no matter how hard you are working-if you have money you'll be there for as long as possible and once your parents have maxed out all of their credit cards, and gotten all of the loans they could their daughters will suddenly get a lot better.  They make it impossible for you actually to tell your parents how it really is.  If you do complain about the place, or even tell them how it really is, you can count on getting ripped to pieces in group therapy by whoever is working and all of the girls trained professionally by John Mercer to also try and rip you apart.  Then you are given some intervention.  So it is not worth really telling your parents what it is like.  It's hard to think about, it makes me really angry, luckily I got out of there because I deveolped a serious medical condition, I feel so sorry for anyone who had to stay there for 2years, and I feel even sorrier for those of you who are still brainwashed.
arriet

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
Who are you?  Why do you want to know how to get in contact with students?  Most of us on this website are Alumi.  So who are you the one who posted this topic?

We all have info on MMS, because we went there.  So where are you from,  if your an alumni you should have plenty of info on the school...?

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
any info???
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
I consider myself having been 'brainwashed' but they call using that term manipulative.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »
Some of us have a loved one who is either an alumni or currently there. We want to find out all that we can so that we are better able to help our girls when they come home. This forum is a means for them to communicate with others who have had similar experiences, whether good or bad. Let's face it, anyone removed from the real world for such a long time, during their most formative years, is going to need help adjusting to life without MMS. Those who come out with a favorable impression can relate to those with the same memories, those who come out damaged can relate to their "sisters" who are still having nightmares after a decade. There really can be no bad outcome for this free exchange of infomation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
To Katfish:

Don't you wash your clothes on a regular basis? My Brian needed to be washed!!!! And I clear my faulty thinking on a regular basis, I do my best to rid my head of thinking I know much at all so I can be open to knew things and remian teahable.  I do myself a favor and get rid of stuff that doesn't work for me.

Brain washing is not a bad idea!  I think that term has all sorts of fear induced paranioa attached to it.... And if anyone learned anything from living life, itleast if your like me I think a lot.... to much sometimes, and even obsessively.....

Washing my brain is a positive thing! And there is a positive outcome to what your all pointing at and calling brainwashing.   I mean what do you think this site is all about.  This site with all of your thoughts combined it is somewhat of a brain washing process as well. So thats all I have to say about that right now.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
any info???
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
On 2005-05-17 14:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"To Katfish:

Don't you wash your clothes on a regular basis? My Brian needed to be washed!!!!

Brain washing is not a bad idea!  I think that term has all sorts of fear induced paranioa attached to it.... And if anyone learned anything from living life, itleast if your like me I think a lot.... to much sometimes, and even obsessively.....

Washing my brain is a positive thing!  I mean what do you think this site is all about.  This site with all of your thoughts combined it is somewhat of a brain washing process as well. So thats all I have to say about that right now."

Meriam Webster

Main Entry: brain·wash·ing
Pronunciation: 'brAn-"wo-shi[ng], -"wä-
Function: noun
Etymology: translation of Chinese (Beijing) xinao
1 : a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas

Brain washing has nothing to do with ridding your head of fauly thinking. And for MMS to forcibley remove 'faulty' thinking requires no thinking on the students part- to think implies analysis, freedom of choice and open dialogue, none of which existed at MMS- that's my point.  MMS did not help us realize faulty thinking, it was forced and false.
I know, i know, but it helped you- and that's good- although I don't know that I agree with any girls agruement for the school as it is.  Saying, 'but it saved me' does not say anything and is not useful in analyzing what did't work.  There are better ways and I find that way unacceptable ( to say the least).MMS in no way promotes the kind of free thinking that I value most and is valued in academia.  Our mind is the only thing that differenciates us from other species- that consiousness of self...MMS did not promote that connection, but inhibited it.  That disturbs me greatly.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
any info???
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
On 2005-05-16 18:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

Some of us have a loved one who is either an alumni or currently there. We want to find out all that we can so that we are better able to help our girls when they come home.

Whatever the damage, I'm sure they'll be far better off for having your love and understanding. Don't be skeerd.  :wink:

The time appears to me to have come when it is the duty of all to make their dissent from religion known.
--John Stuart Mill

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any info???
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
Well my definition of brianwashing---is a bit different then what you all came up with. And since you read it you can see my definition is not at all like yours, but it is a different way of looking at the term, maybe itleast you see my side and agree with parts of it or none at all.  I hope I got my point across to someone &.....

I  am not a poor deluded soul....how could you make such a presumptious satement....

I AM A WOMAN AND EXCUSE ME HAVE WE FUCKING MET?  MY SOUL IS ABUNDANT, AND MY LOVE IN ENDLESS, EVEN FOR PEOPLE WHO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS OR TRY TO FORCE THEIR PERCEPTIONS ON SOMEONE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW SO, FUCK YOU, AND BACK OFF BECAUSE EVIDENTLY YOUR JUST AS LOST AS THE NEXT BOZO ON THE BUS. AND TALK ABOUT HYPOCRITES WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING BRAIN WASHING OR ATTEMPTING TO SO JUST BACK OFF A BIT BECAUSE I EARNED MY SPOT ON THIS WEBSITE TOO.....LETS ALL TRY TO SUCCEED STUPIDITY SHALL WE.

so I would really appreciate it if people thought a little harder, before they post anything, because everything you say is having some kind of an affect on someone.  So now I just read that thoughtless insult right before bed.

Thanks- to the ones who use there brains, and improve them on a daily basis, and remain teachable.

goodnight