Author Topic: Beware of referrals by Sue Scheff  (Read 98159 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Beware of referrals by Sue Scheff
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
Or what is the criteria for a school being taken off the "approval list" of PURE?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Anon: how was your family damanged by this placement at Whitmore by Sue Scheff's referral?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »
I am looking for a therapeutic boarding school and have heard good things about the work P.U.R.E. does.  Am I mislead?  Help

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »
On 2005-04-13 17:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am looking for a therapeutic boarding school and have heard good things about the work P.U.R.E. does.  Am I mislead?  Help"

Yes, you are SERIOUSLY misled.  Please have a look at this forum to see what PURE is all about.

Well, I'll save you some time.  It's MONEY.

You really should not look to TBS modality for helping your kid.  More likely than not, you'll get a more fucked up version back from whatever "school" in which you decide to incarcerate your kid.

For your child's sake, do some research and ASK QUESTIONS.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
Please read our statement made to ISAC...
International Survivors Action Committee a watchdog site for abusive teen treatment facilities.  Sue Scheff of P.U.R.E referred us to Whitmore Academy.
Also, read on this forum: Who Am I Discovery about Whitmore Academy---that will give you an indication of the type of "schools" Ms. Scheff might refer you to.  The owners are under investigation for child abuse, and I do believe Ms. Scheff continues to support the Sudweeks who own Whitmore, I do understand she continues to send kids to Whitmore.
Beware Beware Beware.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Look into the WWASP v PURE court transcript, where Sue confirms under oath that she has sent kids to New Horizons Youth Ministry, then check the Escuela Caribe ~ New Horizons There's another forum on Escuela Caribe on Yahoo (links to that in the above linked topic) You can talk to some of those people about the place.

I don't think Whitmore is mentioned at all in that transcripts. But several different people say that PURE has refered kids there. We have a whole forum on Whitmore.

Just compare what you find out about the places to which PURE refers people w/ what PURE tells you about what they do to determin whether or not PURE is reliable and forthright.

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »
You might want to go to Search WWF-- and pull up "Excerpt from Sue Scheff's Deposition" and discover some "not so truthful things" Ms. Scheff had to say about HERSELF too...like NOT REALLY have a degree, and about her "work history" before you depend on her about the welfare of your child. We did, and ended up at Whitmore Academy---and those owners are being investigated right now for child abuse. So be very careful who you listen to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
New kids at Whitmore Academy...wonder who referred them there amid an investigation of child abuse against the owners, Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks??????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »
Parents: if you have been referred by Sue Scheff, happy or not--let us know what schools she sent you to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
Beware of any criticisms....don't make the lady mad!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »
Anyone ever referred by PURE to Sunrise Academy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »
I was a student in the Dominican Republic at Escuela Caribe from 1990-1991, my name is Jon Burchel.

I am not afraid to say my real name, why are all the allegations of abuse made by anonymous posters, or are allegations of someone else's abuse?  Or are vague, indescriptive?  Because these people are pathological liars, some of them, I know first hand.

I was there, I was never abused, I saw one borderline incident which was promptly addressed and corrected, the house father was fired and disgraced.  The system was largely useful to help us, who were some mighty screwed up kids.  It saved my life.  The staff were almost all loving and kind, and strove to adhere to a psychologically well founded and proven method of helping youth who are nearly beyond all help - this isn't someplace paretns send kids the first time they smoke a cigarette, ok?  The kids, some of them were VIOLENT, sometimes needed subduing, I did see that, but never out of spite, always to subdue.  They did give us a TON of structure, but these people over at their big forum, they think scrubbing floors is demeaning and abusive!  They think a few swats on the bum (fully clothed) administered by several men as witnesses in a controlled, understood way, are abuse!  And they have a few pointy head PhDs over there agreeing that this is abuse.  But don't ever let that fool you.  If you have a kid who is in dire need of help, I would reccomend New Horizons again, and again.  They will be able to help them!  It is not a first resort, it is a last resort, but it is a HELL of a lot better than Jeuvie, or other options that kids in those situations will face inevitably if something is not done.

So don't believe the hype... Couple of bitter tisted sick heads out there do not constitute abuse, ok?!

Jon Burchel
OUT THERE SPEAKING THE TRUTH UNAFRAID AND PROUD

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
So Jon, were you referred by Sue Scheff to this fine place?

So you think it is OK for SEVERAL men to be swatting one teenager all at once? Just one grown man SWATTING a teen is not sufficient?

What type of "hold" was used to subdue this violent teen you observed? Luckily it was not the "hold" used on a teen named Chase Moody for one---that boy died while being "SUBDUED."

You don't think POINTY HEAD PhD's recognize abuse when they see it?

My, you sure learned a lot there didn't you?

Guess we all need to thank Ms. Scheff, now don't we?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »
Proud Jon,  
Wich did you attend Escuela Caribe or   New horizons?   Are they one and the same?

I for one am happy you came home intact. No pedohilles, isolation,dislocated limbs? lucky you.
For those thathad less than ideal experiences you would say What?

Offline hurleygurley

• View Profile
    • http://www.thetroublingtroubledteenindustry.org
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »
In the Bay Area - Virginia Reiss - send me private email for more details.