Author Topic: The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?  (Read 41693 times)

Offline suellen52

• View Profile
Re: The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2010, 01:52:15 AM »
I was at the seed in 1976 and all I can say is that it was one of the worst times in my life! We were not treated kindly and we certainly were't taught to be individuals. I was stripped of my make up and dressed like everyone else. When I decided to go to church Libby found out and tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to attend church. I was searching for answers that only Jesus could provide, not some stupid higher power that they believed could be a light bulb. I was basically  told to leave the Seed because of my religious beliefs. I gladly did!! I now place my life into the hands of Jesus Christ and I raise my children to be individuals with their own minds. Art and Libby emotionally paralyzed many kids. I too went back to visit in the 80's and I was treated like an outsider. There were guards outside the front gate and they were not friendly. I saw Ginger one day as she was shopping at a store I worked at the Galleria in 1982 and she hid behind the clothes. She behaved like a frightened puppy. I believe that The Seed made kids afraid of the real world instead of facing the real world. i have no regrets leaving that place. After many years of nightmares, I made peace and I live a happy full life today!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2010, 02:56:14 AM »
yeah buddy, it's a whopper!
the problem is evil. ie; why will some people choose evil, a lie, or many lies, over the simple truth. ginger mentioned that some would quote matthew, out of context, rendering his words a lie. why will some choose to harm others, when an easier path is present? just don't know.Why did art choose to harm so many, when he could have made as much money in less-organized crime. Why make so many enemies? I've got a few, but I made them for the right reasons, and they are mortal. why make enemies for no reason, or cheap reason.? the problem is... why evil? yeah?
J.O.M

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2010, 07:13:06 AM »
What?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »
Why evil? I don't think they see it that way. Never underestimate the power of self delusion.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »
The seed people had that delusion process down both ways:

First, extrenally by breaking down rational children and young adults for up front dollars  - and in the best of all possible seed worlds, control of that persons decsion making processes going forward.  

Second, by personally and corporately believing that they were right and righteous in taking every act necessary to do so.

Seems to me to be a pretty clear example of evil.

All this is - every bit of what people have written here for years, the good, bad, freaky, accusatory, angry, hurt, weak, delusional  - you name it - I  think this is the end result.  It's what remains when the karma runs over the dogma.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2010, 03:07:03 AM »
SPAM!!!
?©?€~¥@