Author Topic: The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?  (Read 41658 times)

Offline RicciC

• View Profile
The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »
7. There are records, books, new articles or tv programs that documentthe abuses of/by the group/leaders.

Stripe where can I see these articles or tv programs?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »
RicciC:

At first I wasn't sure where you were referencing this, but I read back early in the thread and saw my list.  That list is not my original list, I boosted it in its entirety from  the Rick Ross website.  If I did not give credit then, I'm giving credit now.  The Rick Ross site is a more mainstream anti-cult or cult education website.  You can find out quite a bit about other recognized cults.  Maybe you could look there to see the specific items on the list, which I think there are.

I think that Greg and Antigen can also give you some directions on finding information at other places besides this website.  I've done some of my reading at the local library, but I found the information at my library to be pretty limited.  You could also look at a state university library system.  

This is a good place to start for the emotional evolution that coming out of the seed-fog brings, but sometimes the discussions can be tough.  

I did find some pretty interesting readings at the Rick Ross site and some links to some other places, though.  I hope this helps.

Try this link -
http://www.rickross.com/cgi-bin/htsearch

Ok.  I'm done editing..I think.

Stripe[ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-11-04 13:57 ][ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-11-04 14:19 ][ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-11-04 14:42 ]
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »
Great acting baghead. Freemasons are good at this.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
baghead?

Freemason?

:lol:  :lol:

Offline RicciC

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
Thanks Stripe I'll give it a look
I read somewhere these posts that Libby got married-was it to another Seed Guy?

Offline rossmddn

• View Profile
did art barker succeed
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2006, 01:34:08 PM »
thom.. what's the matter with you? hate filled, condescending smug ignorant arrogant bastard do you enjoy hurting people? thom let me tell you  i am a tough guy, served and fought and wept and fought again and you show every evidence of cowardice, moral, intellectual, and physical..
i have led men, and, to a man, they were gentlemen, and i am proud to have served with them.. you would never have made it

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2006, 06:38:59 PM »
Thom's stil in the program and we're all misbehavers. Simple. BTW, he's also my brother. Probably won't ever come back and answer your post, though, cause he couldn't get enough folks around here to join in on the Ginger Hate Club.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the seed was great art was great libby your great
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2007, 06:34:57 PM »
libby thanks for all your help and art whis there was a seed today to help kids

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
need good rehab for 14yr old
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
any one know of rehab that is good for 14yr teen girl i wish there was a place like the seed i was in the seed and also involved in the life program wish there was a place like them thank you.    is Art or libby still around would love to hear from them i was in program in early 80s thought it was great thanks libby and art and shelly and all that helped

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2007, 09:00:46 AM »
Welcome, Kim. Just missed you twice as I was involved w/ straight and narrowly escaped a stint in LIFE. How did you become involved in LIFE? Was it through Seed contacts (Mrs. P, maybe?) or just found the place on your own?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline lllLIZlll

• View Profile
Re: The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
I hope somebody will see this post.  I decided today that I was going to try to find out if the Seed still existed.  I looked up the Seed and found the Mustard Seed in St Pete and called up.  It was a drug rehab, but not what I was looking for.  I just wanted to reach out and touch someone.  I have had dreams over the years about the Seed, still sing the song and smile.  Today I was trying to picture the staff and what they would look like at 55-65 years old and if they were still there.  I felt the Seed helped to change my life.  It brought an awareness that I didn't have and understanding of ME.  It helped me to sort out what was "truth" and find out who I was.  It was my first opportunity to find that I could be me and could have friends.  As I grew and learned from life's lessons, I was able to accept myself the way I am...well maybe just that I am weird and different, but that I don't have to try to fit in the "normal" mode.  During the many years that past after the Seed I would tell people that I was grateful for the Seed, but that if I "screwed up", I would NEVER go back.  I learned the lessons that have helped me to make choices for me and not to continue doing drugs and screwing up not only my life, but the lives of my children.  They know I did drugs, but they also know that drugs are bad!  I wonder what happened to Suzie, Amy (?), Billy the short guy with the blue VW bug.  I remember the bountiful meals we had at the Vero Beach Seed and then we went to Ft Lauderdale and had the PBJ sandwiches Monday thru Friday lunch Ham & cheese for Fridaynite/Saturday lunch and tuna fish for Saturday nite and I didn't eat on Sunday lunch because someone had gotten food poisoning.  Yes...Heck yes things were tough.  We had to deal with the human part of the program (the bad part)  pointing fingers at others before they could point them at you, being the kicked dog when the boss yelled at you.  I remember standing up for hours down in Miami (after getting home late) as punishment for not "being honest".  Going to bed at 2-3 am and then getting up at 6 to go to Hialeah to be dropped off before I was taken to the Seed.

I am glad someone else talked about being an outsider when the went back to visit.  I finally had a ride to go down there from Cocoa and I was so excited to be able to visit...It was horrible!  I was not welcomed.  I swear that they had changed it to look more like a prison and I never checked back again...except in my dreams. 

I also was there in 1974....April Fools Day, I went in got out just before graduation...talked to my boyfriend and got sent back.  Finally graduated the program sometime before January of 1975.

I hope that I can find someone that was in Vero Beach and got transferred down to Ft Lauderdale.  I really want to find another "Seedling".  I have read some of the posts, but I intend to go through all of them.  Thanks to all of you that have posted and those that will!!!!  Liz

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2008, 07:59:29 PM »
Liz... here here. I graduated the month before you came in. I did go back after the St Rd 84 facility was shut down, and the Seed had become simply a counseling center back near Andrews Ave. I met with Libby and she brought out Michele (Barker). I was in the navy by then and wore my senior enlisted dress whites.  Libby just beamed to see me and I could really feel some pride from them. I was welcomed wholeheartedly, and gave me a warm & fuzzy to be there. I entered the Seed 4 days before Christmas 1971 and graduated in March 1973. After about eight months on the program I was selected to staff. I learned real inner peace there and learned the tools I would need to help me have a happy life and leave the world a little better for having been in it. I learned respect for myself and others. It made boot camp 4 years later a piece of cake, believe me!

:rose:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
Wow-this is amazing!!

I thought everyone had faded away.

I went to the Seed in Ft. Lauderdale in '75-'77?

I will say the one thing good it did was open my eyes up to reality.  I really did live in a make-believe world before I went there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »
Quote from: "Warrant"
Liz... here here. I graduated the month before you came in. I did go back after the St Rd 84 facility was shut down, and the Seed had become simply a counseling center back near Andrews Ave. I met with Libby and she brought out Michele (Barker). I was in the navy by then and wore my senior enlisted dress whites.  Libby just beamed to see me and I could really feel some pride from them. I was welcomed wholeheartedly, and gave me a warm & fuzzy to be there. I entered the Seed 4 days before Christmas 1971 and graduated in March 1973. After about eight months on the program I was selected to staff. I learned real inner peace there and learned the tools I would need to help me have a happy life and leave the world a little better for having been in it. I learned respect for myself and others.

::puke::

It made boot camp 4 years later a piece of cake, believe me!

Think about that statement.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »
Quote from: "lllLIZlll"
I hope somebody will see this post.  I decided today that I was going to try to find out if the Seed still existed.  I looked up the Seed and found the Mustard Seed in St Pete and called up.  It was a drug rehab, but not what I was looking for.  I just wanted to reach out and touch someone.  I have had dreams over the years about the Seed, still sing the song and smile.  Today I was trying to picture the staff and what they would look like at 55-65 years old and if they were still there.  I felt the Seed helped to change my life.  It brought an awareness that I didn't have and understanding of ME.  It helped me to sort out what was "truth" and find out who I was.  It was my first opportunity to find that I could be me and could have friends.  As I grew and learned from life's lessons, I was able to accept myself the way I am...well maybe just that I am weird and different, but that I don't have to try to fit in the "normal" mode.  During the many years that past after the Seed I would tell people that I was grateful for the Seed, but that if I "screwed up", I would NEVER go back.

Why?  And why do you say it so strongly (the all caps NEVER)?

I learned the lessons that have helped me to make choices for me and not to continue doing drugs and screwing up not only my life, but the lives of my children.  They know I did drugs, but they also know that drugs are bad!  I wonder what happened to Suzie, Amy (?), Billy the short guy with the blue VW bug.  I remember the bountiful meals we had at the Vero Beach Seed and then we went to Ft Lauderdale and had the PBJ sandwiches Monday thru Friday lunch Ham & cheese for Fridaynite/Saturday lunch and tuna fish for Saturday nite and I didn't eat on Sunday lunch because someone had gotten food poisoning.  Yes...Heck yes things were tough.  We had to deal with the human part of the program (the bad part)  pointing fingers at others before they could point them at you, being the kicked dog when the boss yelled at you.  I remember standing up for hours down in Miami (after getting home late) as punishment for not "being honest".  Going to bed at 2-3 am and then getting up at 6 to go to Hialeah to be dropped off before I was taken to the Seed.

Ah, it's becoming a little more clear now.

I am glad someone else talked about being an outsider when the went back to visit.  I finally had a ride to go down there from Cocoa and I was so excited to be able to visit...It was horrible!  I was not welcomed.  I swear that they had changed it to look more like a prison and I never checked back again...except in my dreams. 

Wow.