Author Topic: List of PURE programs  (Read 9267 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« on: January 31, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
this is a list of PURE programs i may be adding more to it as i get further into the WWASP VS PURE transcripts. I will add more names as a find them. Here is the list of PURE programs so far:

Red Rock Academy
Cedar Mountain Academy
Sorenson?s Ranch
Lost Legacy Ranch
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
this is a updated list of PURE programs some they stopped refering to for a differnt number of reasons (non-payment and conditional licesing and the program simply ask that PURE stop refering to them then spoke out against them.

Red Rock Academy, Utah
Cedar Mountain Academy
Sorenson?s Ranch
Lost Legacy Ranch
Oak ridge military academy
Turning Point
Reality Ranch
Summit Achievement
Skyline Journey
Glacier Mountain Academy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
Thank you very much for the partial list of programs, I have been following the "WWASP / PURE" threads for a while with interest. A quick google search of these four schools raised two immediate questions.

First, Red Rock Academy is listed as "Affiliated with World Wide Association of Specialty Programs (WWASP)" at http://http://www.teennewhorizons.com/pgmresid.htm. This just strikes me as odd from what I have read about PURE.  

Second, Lost Legacy Ranch does not come up at all. Do you have any idea where this is?

I was also just curious where you came up with this list of programs.

Thank you,
John (Lurker and husband of a Straight Survivor)

Offline Curious John

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »
I have finally lurked long enough, I guess, and decided to get my my own username. I have tried to search for the other programs you added and still have more questions.

Oak Ridge Military Academy & Reality Ranch both appear to be military schools, which I haven't looked into enough to question.

My quick search for Turning Point came up with a program in Australia. This isn't where they refer kids to, is it?

Summit Achievement, I don't know anything about but you have made me curious.

Skyline Journey to the best of my knowledge was closed in late 2002 due to death and license revocation, but if you know more details or what happened to the Wardles I would be very interested in hearing.

Glacier Mountain Academy, although being referred on http://http://www.teenprogram.info/recommendations/, appears to be non-existant when you try to follow the links at http://http://www.wilderness-programs.org/Programs/GlacierMtn.htm.

In doing my quick search though, I was wondering if some of the other programs that were listed at http://http://fornits.com/anonanon/docs/wwasp/WvPURE/Docket.htm were also recommended by PURE. They were:

The Whitmore Academy (From what I have read, I wouldn't neccessarily advertise this connection either)
Safe Harbor Haven
New Horizons Youth Ministries

Thanks in advance for your response,
John (Husband of a Straight Survivor)

Offline Curious John

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
I just now caught that you were getting these names from the transcript. I am sorry if I sounded like I was challenging you. I thought you we an anonymous poster from an earlier thread defending PURE.

Sorry,
John (Husband of a Straight Survivor)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
i wont use my name as i dont want sued by Sue Scheif to. She is suing anyone who speaks out agaist her.

Please post all info on the programs she has refered to on here lets see if she is as evil as WWASP. I hope they both go out of buisness from what i am reading PURE is just as bad as WWASP. Just a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 01:56:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Devlin on 2005-02-01 00:19 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »
this is a COMPLETE list of PURE programs some they stopped refering to for a differnt number of reasons (non-payment and conditional licesing and the program simply ask that PURE stop refering to them then spoke out against them.

Red Rock Academy
Cedar Mountain Academy
Sorenson?s Ranch
Lost Legacy Ranch
Oak ridge military academy
Turning Point
Reality Ranch
Summit Achievement
Skyline Journey
Glacier Mountain Academy
Kids Peace
Harbor House for Girls
Safe Harbor
Harbor House for Boys
High Top Ranch
New Horizons Youth Ministries
Whitmore Academy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »
As you read the WWASP vs Pure transcripts.

Be  sure to share here with the others what Ken Kay said about his having known about the sexual relationship between student and staff in  Jamaica. His son Jay Kay is the director.

Be sure to share how he stated under oath that he never took any disciplinary action against the staff member. Apparently his conversation with the student put it into a consential category. IMO a staff memeber does not have the right to have SEX with a student.

Didn't mean to change the subject sorry. To me its about priorities.    

GO FOR IT.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
The transripts are priceless - worth far more than 12,500.

Thank you WWASP/S.

:lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
In an incarceration situation, there is no such thing as consensual sex between a prisoner and a guard.  There is too much power disparity for the prisoner to be able to give consent, just like there is too much power disparity between an adult and a child for a child to be able to consent to sex.

Which is why we don't punish five year olds for playing doctor, but we *do* jail scumbag adult child molesters for "playing doctor" with five year olds.

Timoclea

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Timoclea, its apparent that the whole point of the incarceration situation-program's entire goal is to make the child submissive and to enforce a power disparity. They call that learning to 'respect authority'.

That a staffer and a prisoner had sex is inevitable in conditions like that.

Legalizing drugs is far from a panacea for all the distress caused by drugs, but it will eliminate most of the profit and corruption from the drug trade.

--Nobel laureate, Gary S. Becker

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
List of PURE programs
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
Hey, I do want to challenge those proofs.

Not that I suspect any ill intent or bad character or anything like that. Just that I want to know the whole story.

All I know about those listed programs' relationship w/ PURE is that WWASP saw fit to seek discovery material from them during their suit against PURE. It doesn't prove anything solid w/o more detailed info.

One exception, though. At least one person w/ firsthand experience w/ Sue and Whitmore has made a statement to ISAC. Let's see if it shows up.

I have always thought that all men should be free; but if any should be slaves, it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others.  Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

--Abraham Lincoln

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
Sue Scheff referred our daughter to Sunrise Academy in Utah and to Whitmore Academy....UNWISELY we chose Whitmore Academy and enrolled our daughter in Oct 2004 and withdrew her Nov 2004 amid the owners Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks being investigated for child abuse.  We spoke with a Mr. Boyd Hooper at Sunrise Academy. This is NOT to say that the referral to Sunrise would have been any better. Sue Scheff just "sold us on Whitmore."  Sue Scheff still supports Whitmore and the Sudweeks. The therapist who was at Whitmore, he left in October told us that ALL the placements at Whitmore came thru PURE.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
List of PURE programs
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
The way Sue Scheff operated with US---she told us so many scary things about all the WWASP schools, and about her law suit against WWASP etc. then she told us how she "just does all she can to make sure she helps parents to get their children in a safe, loving, Christian treatment center THAT SHE KNOWS ABOUT...that she have been to PERSONALLY,  one that SHE KNOWS THE OWNERS PERSONALLY...one that SHE WOULD PUT HER OWN DAUGHTER IN...etc etc until you feel like she is YOUR FRIEND.  She gained our trust, and we felt like she sincerely wanted to help us.  We asked if we had to pay her, if she charged for her service and got a great big NO!  All we could think was, "how did we get so lucky as to find this wonderful woman who just DONATES her time and efforts to HELP people, FREE OF CHARGE like us who are in such turmoil?"  RIGHT.  This woman is in this business for one reason and one reason ONLY---to make BIG MONEY...and she could care less that our daughter was mentally, emotionally , physically, and sexually abused during her 2 month stay at the Whitmore Academy by HER Christian, personal FRIENDS, the Sudweeks, who PAID her grandly for sending our daughters to that filthy horrendous place!