Author Topic: earning the right to walk by yourself  (Read 12108 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
earning the right to walk by yourself
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
Ues, but did you ever hear it from someone who wouldn't be mortified at the thought of contradicting the official story?

If you ask the Government for the right to assemble you deserve to be told no .

--Jim Lesczynski, Manhattan LP chair, on "unorganized" gathering @ Central Park

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Marshall- He does have to this day a keen sense of awareness of others and thats just the truth not much gets by him and he's usually right on the money.  Yes I did live in Atlanta for just under a year in 78-79 and I did live away from the Seed totally for 5 yrs aprox 85-90 and I was somewhat involved till the end.

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »
Ft. Lauderdale were you in in 1970?
harter Member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply, FL. I remember john and other staff mentioning other programs too....but this was always in a critical, dismissive way. I've had discussions with other oldtimers regarding art's awareness or lack thereof. There's little point in debating such a thing however, since those who are clearly pro-seed always seem to fall on one side (he is the most aware person I've met, etc.) while those critical of the seed fall on the other side. (that he was an egomaniac, etc.) It's similar to the divide amongst democrats and republicans regarding GW Bush. Whether or not you think he's a great president or a dumbass depends mostly upon party affiliation.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
Not a methadone clinic Ft Laud. He would say things to the affect of (and he would always say "okay" at the end of the sentence) "you don't know where all this comes from" and things to that nature.

It is a mystery.  Ft Lauderdale, call art and tell him to give us an online interview. I think we would all be respectfull, and we can arrange it thru Yahoo messenger, and you can go assist him in typing!

:idea:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »
Antigen- yes the people I spoke with arn't zombies if thats what you mean.  Hey to tell you the truth I happen to be a pretty outspoken(& not bad looking ha ha)person.  I've had major disagreements through out the years. I'm not a brainwashed hero worshipor. Just a bad speller.
 :scared:  :grin:
Greg, sorry that would never happen :idea:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
On 2005-01-31 05:20:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

Greg, sorry that would never happen :idea: "

Why? We are after all graduates of his program. You would think he would at least answer a few questions, and we could be respectfull and cognizant of the fact that he is sick and elderly.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
i agree. what is so "top secret" about discussing the program and its history . . . the big problem of not being totally open is that it gives people the impression that there is something to hide

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »
Sorry - Echothis, I was in Ft. Lauderdale going to Plantation High School.   :grin:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
I went on the program in April of 72. (God I,m old) :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
In 74 I remember some guy getting pulled out of the bathroom because he had tried to hang himself around the pipes on the ceiling in the stall. Goes to show what happened in Red China so many years ago. They had to put bobbed-wire fences from the parks because people we're hanging themselves from the trees.This guy hadn't even been stood up yet and was in high school. They got him out. He got out alive.

Offline Fran

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
Hey... Ft Laud
Aren't we all??
By the way is today Antigen's birthday if so
Happy Birthday!!!!

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
I just wrote a whole bunch of stuff and lost it....... I'll try again.

When I was at the Seed my 1st two weeks John Underwood and Libby were staff members and there was a couple others but I don't remember them.
There was alot of talk about methadone clinic's and how much better the seed was because it was cold turkey.  We weren't able to take medications unless it was approved by Art and Co.  I was under the impression John was from a methadone clinic but if he went thru the seed programme it was never said during the time i was there.  The same for Libby.  

Art would come out in the mornings before lunch and talk alot about himself and where the seed came from..   how they outgrew a house in Miami and came to Ft. Lauderdale to that present house
and Libby Libby Libby....  I pretty much tuned that crap out cause I never thought she was anything special.  

Art had some kind of scam going with High School counselors at that time.  Pompano Beach High counselor a woman I forget her name but she was really a nice person, just alittle misguided. She was getting kids in the Seed left and right.  The buzz word at that time was Attitude Adjustment.

There was a Pink Toilet.  It was heavy and a couple of guys would carry it out from where it was stored.  They would force you to sit on it.  Sometimes things would get violent during this.

I'm tired of thinking.    Good by....
harter Member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

and Libby Libby Libby....  

That reminds me...for a very short time we sung a song to libby, and it went

"awwhuenn you got LIBBY LIBBY LIBBY...In your STABLE STABLE STABLE.."

Song to the tune of a Libby's peas commercial.

What a stretch. To the genius that thought that one up, take a bow. :grin:  :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »
You know, we never had "pink toilet" therapy in St Pete.  cleveland had a boxing ring, and we didn't have that either.

St pete had extreme motivating, where the guys would get so worked up "motivating to be called on" they would snap and wave their arm so violently they would almost fall out of the chair. It morphed into a really weird thing after the seed during the straight era and was non voluntary, and is practiced to this day in the offshoot programs.

my point is, every location was a tad different. Anyone from Lauderdale or cleveland remember bizzare "motivating" to be called on?