Author Topic: Making Staff  (Read 1888 times)

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Making Staff
« on: May 20, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
There we were, a bunch of young, fresh-faced kids. Always aware that we were 'representing the seed,' always aware of the image we projected. Anything but a smile would be frowned upon (pun), anything but a straight-forward look in the eye (only druggies cast their gaze downward). Not afraid of hard work we work forever, we're changing the world! (But to what? We never asked - asking would be treason). Blind faith, blind loyalty, absolute trust in those who 'know better.' Those who had the most street cred, and who had the bestest transformative story, and the ablility to guide (or manipulate) others, might make staff. It helped to be attractive too, never hurts in this world or others. But anyway, making staff was something every good Seedling aspired too.

When good staff went bad - and they did - you might never hear from them again. Ray K. dates Laura? Art no like. So, Ray is persona non grata, and he 'flips,' paints grafitti all over, drives by the seed shouting. Those of us in the loyal camp tried to look the other way, but it's hard to say that someone who yesterday was a revered inner circle confidant is now a crazy loser. This creates conflict within the mind and heart of the seed person, who has to become good at looking the other way.

What is real, what is fake? It's hard to know when you are strucuturing your reaction to the world based upon what you are told to do.

Loyalty that goes beyond what is in your own heart - never again!

Someday a reunion of all former Seedlings - can you see it? What has become of us, a strange bond of strangers, 'Art's Army' gone AWOL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ally Gator

Offline MG

• View Profile
Making Staff
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »
That is great stuff--Art's army gone AWOL.  I remember that there was an ex-seedling that would drive by and yell stuff.  I didn't know anything about who it was or why just a disgruntled member.  I do remember Laura leaving and them saying that she went back down to Florida though.  This is sooo cool that I found this place.  I went to send a private message and I can't believe how many members there are!  Is there anyone that people post pics?

Offline Leslie1955

• View Profile
Making Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
I was put into the SEED in Ft. Lauderdale in early 1973.  I lived with the Bertotto's. I went to high school briefly before going back to St. Pete. Their daughter was my oldcomer and she split in the middle of the night with her boyfriend and took luggage that wasn't hers.  I went to St. Pete when they opened the Seed there because I was from St. Pete.  My mother was dying from breast cancer at the time and they wouldn't give me permission to go home for Easter.  I made staff member in St. Pete, graduated the program July 4th.  How weird is that Independence day, LOL.  The Seed mainly just messed up my last year with my mother, made me get married and give up my college paid for becaust they were going to start me over.  They stood in front of my car and yelled you can run now but you can't hide!!!  My cousin Betty Barcley recently killed herself.  She was a crack addict and she and her brother were in the Seed with me.  That place sucked. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwhiches, soup and kool aid.  My stomach was messed up for months.  I have successfully purged most of the names of the staff when I was there from my memory.  It was an awful experience!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Making Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »
On 2005-05-21 07:38:00, MG wrote:

This is sooo cool that I found this place.

Cool?
Did you say COOL!?
Straight people don't use that word.
That word is part of your druggie past.
Please substitute neato, keen or super in the future.
Thanks,
ghosts of staffs past