Author Topic: G.T. Now  (Read 49611 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #570 on: October 12, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
Everything that went on in LIFe goes on in GT. I was in there two years ago. just so you know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
On 2005-10-12 19:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Everything that went on in LIFe goes on in GT. I was in there two years ago. just so you know."

It's too bad Darren hasn't checked in lately - he was one of the original GT-ites that were farmed over from LIFE.  

I was in LIFE in '84.  Let me know if you want to compare notes.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
mind rape
« Reply #572 on: April 09, 2007, 03:34:00 AM »
you've got to be joking - you really put your daughter in GT...
hey... does she talk to you now .... it's been years..... what is she doing? is she okay? i hope so, but what a fool you are.

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
Re: G.T. Now
« Reply #573 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »
I WORKED AS A STAFF MEMBER AT GT (WHEN IT FIRST OPENED FROM 1987 TO 1990).  I LEFT AS A STAFF CORD. AND BEGAN MY LAW ENFORCEMENT JOB(OVER 18 YEARS) AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.   BARBARA GRIFFITH RAN THE PROGRAM WHEN I WORKED THERE, SHE WAS A GREAT LADY WHO CARED ABOUT THE KIDS AND WAS A GOOD FRIEND TO ME. I NEVER ABUSED ANY KID AND ANYONE THAT WAS THERE DURING THAT TIME COULD TELL YOU THIS. I REALLY CARED ABOUT THE KIDS AND WANTED TO SEE THEM LIVE BETTER LIVES AND GET BACK WITH THERE FAMILY. I WENT INTO LIFE SARASOTA IN 1986 AND NEVER WAS ABUSED. I 7TH STEPPED AT GT MY LAST MONTH. THE PROGRAM SAVED MY LIFE. YES SOMETHING WENT WRONG AT GT--- ITS NO LONGER OPEN. THATS A SHAME, IT WAS A GOOD PROGRAM WHEN I WORKED THERE.

TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF STEVE KAZZMARSKI AND PHIL PERINIE.

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
Re: G.T. Now
« Reply #574 on: March 19, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Hi DC

I WENT THROUGH LIFE 1986 AND MOVED TO GT 1987 THE PROGRAM SAVED MY LIFE LOOKING FOR OLD FRIENDS ALSO

I was in the L.I.F.E. program in the 80's for a year before going through the "6th Phase" and graduating successfully.  I was PISSED and stunned when I went in, and didn't do much at first except feel REGRETFUL for things I had done to GET myself there. However, I DID start to learn some things and progressed through the Program.

Today I am in my 30's, and I feel very blessed to have been a part of that program.  It helped me in MANY ways, and never was I abused in any form nor did I witness ANY abuse there ( and I visited often after completing).  Yes, I had no make-up, tv, radio, etc. for months (ewww - how awful, huh?), and I didn't attend school for the first 3 months, but when I returned to high school on 3rd phase I earned honor roll for the first time!  What I learned there was how to communicate my feelings, how to improve my self esteem and how to set priorities in my life.  I learned to be a leader instead of a follower.  I learned to be more rational in my thinking.
  Was it FUN??  No -- especially not in the beginning!!  Was it suppose to be FUN? No!  Did I have some of the BEST times of my life once I made 6 phase??  You BET!!  I have GREAT memories of dances, Proms, camping trips, etc...(with TONS of photo's to prove it) and have MANY of my best friends today are from my "program" days.
  I have been to Growing Together many times (though not lately).  When I was there, it was a really good program, and I don't doubt that is still is today.
  Good for you that you care enough about your daughter to HELP her, instead of doing nothing. You have a BIG committment yourself to that program, and it's not easy (but nothing worth while ever is).  I remember my parents going to talk to one of my friends that I was drinking with (prior to the program) because they saw in the paper she had been arrested for burglery... her mom just skipped right over the topic of treatment/programs. 6 years later (when she was 22) our local paper reported her murder the day after Halloween.  She was prostituting, involved in drugs and was stabbed to death over 20 times, and left by the side of the road!  I grew up with this giril from age 2 till we were 16 (and I went into the program).  I wish SHE had gotten treatment (anywhere).  Her killer has never been found.
  As for the posts you've received here... don't think that you can change any of these people's minds with the TRUTH. They won't "go there".  Most are STUCK.  Sad but true.

Kim