Author Topic: Straight or L.I.F.E.?  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
Has anyone thought of the idea that maybe they are INDEED one in the same?  Straight, INC. guys...come on now.  Incorporation.  The possibility that her particular time and location of involvment with this INCORPORATION might very well be under the technical title of LIFE?  

As I understand it, Straight California was KIDS until they were shut up and moved to Dallas.  However, every last one of those phasers will tell you they were in Straight.  

Why dont you direct your suspicion where it belongs?  In the fact that these places were so damn shady to begin with that who knows where the hell any of us were and when, technically?

Even better, why not ask Sammie for clarification?  Or would that not be argument worthy.

[ This Message was edited by: Carmel on 2005-01-27 11:22 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
Agreed Carmel.  It's always a possibility.  I don't think it really matters in this case though.  It really seems that the poster is intent on trying to start an argument or turn us against each other.  Ain't gonna happen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
On 2005-01-27 07:52:00, Antigen wrote:

Well, get used to it. Fact is we start out, right out of the chute, w/ our entire collective testimony in question. Why? Cause anything after "It all started when I was a teenager in rehab" is about as impressive to most people as whatever might follow "I used to be crazy, but I'm much better now."

Perfect example of this right here.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/27/churc ... index.html

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (AP) -- The lawyer for defrocked priest Paul Shanley sought to undermine the credibility of his accuser Thursday, grilling the man under cross-examination about his troubled childhood, abuse of alcohol and steroids, and gambling.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
Trying to start "infighting"?Yea,thats it!Im trying to turn yall against one another!Yea!THATS IT!
I now remember that once I talked on the phone to Sammie about LIFE program and we were talking about these abuses there.
I have constantly been badgered by other posters here that LIFE was a soft place and that I have no reason to complain because I did not go to Straight.CONSTANTLY being told that "LIFE" was a picnic compared to Straight.Talk about "infighting".
Somebody suggests a method of protest,and when I suggest that there may be a better way,or a better costume to wear(or that dressing in a black suit and bring a little coffin),or certain kind of protest sign to carry,then Im told "OH go start your OWN protest and leave mine alone.
Talk about infighting!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
I would add that I went to authorities seeking money.public assistance.They sent me to their nice counsiler and I complained that I was wrongly sent to the program and abused.So they gave me the money because I had "abused drugs as a teenager".Now there are documents in the govt file that I came seeking drug treatment.Im really pissed about this one,regardless of the big check I received!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
On 2005-01-27 16:46:00, Anonymous wrote

Somebody suggests a method of protest,and when I suggest that there may be a better way,or a better costume to wear(or that dressing in a black suit and bring a little coffin),or certain kind of protest sign to carry,then Im told "OH go start your OWN protest and leave mine alone.

Talk about infighting!"

It amazes me how skewed your perception of things is.  I said do BOTH.  You said you don't want to be around people doing the coffin thing so you don't want anyone to do it.  What if others don't want to be around the photo thing?  Do BOTH for fuck's sake!!!!  Damn.  No one is trying to exclude anyone.  That's the whole point of saying 'hey, everyone come, do whatever you feel to memorialize those lost'.  No rules, just come as you are and do what your heart tells you.  What is so fucking wrong with that????

I said to start you own when you were saying that you weren't going to come if there were coffins.  You're not getting that I want you to be there.  I want everyone who can make it to be there.  Guess that makes me a real cunt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »
Settle down, girls, before somebody loses a clump of hair.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
Umm first all If I am not mistaken and I dont think I am as I was there with Sammy.

Sammy was in Straight NOT in LIFE.

Two - Every word she said is true, I was there, I remember it well.

So unless you were there, unless you remember sammys blood or her screams you might want to umm well you know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
um,no I dont know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 04:59:00 AM »
Sammie, could you clear this one small but very important detail up for everyone?  I will support you one thousand percent. I am just curious since I've never heard of the 'LIFE' program.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
On 2005-01-28 01:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sammie, could you clear this one small but very important detail up for everyone?  I will support you one thousand percent. I am just curious since I've never heard of the 'LIFE' program."

LIFE was formed by George Ross and Helen Petermann - both came from Straight.  

http://thestraights.com/documents/st-ar ... unders.htm

Yeah, there were some differences - there wasn't something called "marathoning" at LIFE, and I don't recall "Peanut butter diets".  

I can attest to the fact that I almost peed myself a few times when I was refused access to a bathroom.  I developed one hell of a bladder infection because of it, that affected my kidneys.  I didn't have a period the entire time I was in there.

Antibiotics fixed the urinary problem when I got out.  Docs told me the lack of periods was a result of a "stress reaction".  

All returned to normal after I returned to my regularly scheduled life.  How people can say that we all "got what we deserved" is beyond comprehension.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
In LIFE I (male) was not only refused toilette "privileges" upon my arrival,but also expected to piss on command with others watching me.I can tell you that after just 24 hours with not peeing it was some of the most pain I ever experienced.I was taken to Venice Hospital where I was to have a plastic tube put in me because I could not even force myself to pee.I would pay cash for the opportunity to insert a garden hose in every hole in Petermann's body and force kerosine through until it comes out of her hair folicles.I will do it for real.Id like to videotape it and show those Iraqui guys how to properly do it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »
I really don't distinguish between the Straights. I am glad to have people from all the Straights here, who cares if it was called LIFE or Safe or KHK or whatever. Five phases, etc, etc. It's the same thing. We went through the same thing. Who even cares if they eliminated something like "marathoning", that doesn't make it less heinous. Although it does sound like wherever the Venereal Man was, he pulled out all the stops on abuse, and those people as a whole had it worse.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »
Dr. Koch from venice hospital,parent of greg and lisa koch also had something to do w/it. Before it closed it was in partnership w/the psych unit of venice hospital.it started in abuilding on41 that was a bar when i was a kid, then they built anew one on the other side of 41. ::deal::  ::deal::
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Straight or L.I.F.E.?
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
I think there are important distinctions. They're important for a couple of reasons. For one, it's just not right to discard other people's experience. Ppl who did time in one place and time when the atmosphere wasn't quite so manic shouldn't discard other people's perceptions, who may have spent the majority of their time on the floor or in a timeout room hurting from serious untreated injuries. And the other way around.

If we can't discuss the differences w/o a brawl then we can't understand the similarities either.

And there's a lot to be learned from the both the similarities and the differences.

If you're going to try and prove out that the people who ran the program did it all for the money (for example) you'd miss the mark and those greedy money motivated evil people would never be recognized. Demonization is not just dangerous to the scapegoat, it's dangerous to the potential victims who become illeducated about what to look out for.

That every generation of Program founders thought they were improving on the plan is an important fact. If you don't understand how that works, why you might, in good concinece, advise someone to ship their kid off to a place like Whitmore Academy or ALA or Kid Peace, believing that they're entirely different from Straight or The Seed or Kids or whatever. That would be a really big error in judgement.

Religion is just mind control.
--George Carlin, comedian

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes