Author Topic: Did the seed introduce us to a higher power?  (Read 23468 times)

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Did the seed introduce us to a higher power?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
The reason I remember that we said the Lords Prayer is how we held hands when we said it...and years later when I went to church we would do the same thing and it brought back the memory of doing it at the seed.
Thank you for backing me up on this Trucker and Anon...it was not a figment of my imagination.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »
On 2005-01-22 09:39:00, Ican'tTalktoYou wrote:

"Well Greg, looks like you and I are the only ones that do not remember this.  I wonder why???  We both seem to have been very unhappy there.  Maybe we said it by rote every night. I can see how feelings of abandonment and unhappiness could do that.

What do you think?"

I Just think 30 year old memories aren't always right. That is why I asked for independent verification. Thanks trucker and Fran.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
Now I am wondering why? Why did the seed say the lord's prayer? The place wasn't religious....

someone know?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
It eas considered a universal prayer at seed (once again, not a prayer that claimed a particular faith). It was said right after "Jingle Bells." All would have to be holding hands as part of the circl. Ask away, greg. . .here is your chance. . .everyhting you've wanted to know.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »
Thanks. Might I ask whom I am speaking to? Whoever you are..welcome to the forum.

Now that I am asking "anything I ever wanted to know", the first question, the big one..is

"where did art learn the synanon techniques used at the seed?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
that i know of none. . .as far as i know, there was never any talk or connection made public to group that there was a connection to synanon techniques. . .considering the details in books about synanon it was quite different than seed in many way (my opinion) . . .yeah the similarity was thye were both from A.A. I think that fact enough was a connection that both men took it in their own direction. . .after all it isn't the first or last time someone leaves an organization and gives their own organization their own spin.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
sorry, but AA never used toilet seats, boxing rings,and screaming in your face as "therapy".

The commonality and termonology between the seed and the synanon is just to glaring. To be more clezr, the commonality between the seed and synanon offshoots like phoenix house and Elan are just to clear. Robert Dupont himself said under oath that the roots of Straight, inc were in the synanon. The roots of straight, Inc. are squarely seedling roots.

So there you have it...you haven't granted my wish yet.

:grin:

Anyway, tell us a little about your invovlement in The Seed. How long were you there? Were you on staff?

And welcome to our forum!  If you would, please choose a username and particpate often.

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »
On 2005-01-22 09:55:00, Fran wrote:

"The reason I remember that we said the Lords Prayer is how we held hands when we said it...and years later when I went to church we would do the same thing and it brought back the memory of doing it at the seed.

Thank you for backing me up on this Trucker and Anon...it was not a figment of my imagination."

Ditto for me, too!
bid you peace!

Offline Fran

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
Yes, Anon, I remember we would sing Jingle Bells, yell out "We sing Jingle Bells because everyday we are straight it is feels just like Christmas" and then close with the Lords Prayer...honestly it was the best time of the whole day for me because then we were finally leaving for the night. The energy level was always very high at that time of night because everyone was ready to leave for awhile.
I find it very interesting that Greg and Cyndi both do not remember this part. Again maybe because it wasn't important to them or they blocked it out.
Oh yeah...if I remember correctly...Anon help me here...it was the only time that we all held hands...the guys and chicks held hands...I remember this because usually I never sat on the end but once I did and held this guys hand and all kind of things went thru my head at that point. Just another recollection that came to mind.[ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2005-01-22 17:20 ]

Offline Ican'tTalktoYou

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »
Wow!! Fran you just sparked a memory for me.  I do remember the holding hand part for the very same reason.  Strange how something as innocent as holding a person's hand (a person that is almost a stranger to you, other than hearing snippets of their lives in group) can take on a new dimension in a situation like that.

However, I still don't remember saying the Lord's prayer.

These memories coming back piecemeal is weird.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »
Yeah-  We said the lords prayer every day.  I believe reference to the group being a higher power was because that was where answers were comming from that I needed at that time.  Wtaylor I think I know you - in fact I know I do.  Did you become an Artist?  I have thought about you from time to time?  Are you still driving that huge clunker around?  Did you get it from your grandmother or something?  If my memory serves me correctly? :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
You know, I now do remember that whole ceremony at the end of the night, I just don't remember it as the lord's prayer.

I think I have oldtimers disease! :grin:

Offline Fran

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
That is what this forum is all about. Helping all of us remember what happened way back when...and weird how after over 30 years, each one of us, something sparked a memory that got us to this site.

Does anyone remember the story Libby told about when she was a junkie and when one of her friends Overdosed and died they stuck his body in a garbage can? That is one story that I can remember to this day...I guess at 13 it made an impression on me. She was one hardcore B****. She scared me!!!
And with all the haircuts going on didn't she have long hair if I recall?

Offline Ican'tTalktoYou

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »
You recall correctly. She had very long hair, which she used to flip back constantly.

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile
Re: Did the seed introduce us to a higher power?
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
::puke::