Author Topic: Anyone see Montel today?  (Read 15290 times)

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
On 2005-01-27 20:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I had a foot injury at LIFE,and the blood and pus was soaking through to the outside of my shoe for about 2 weeks.A "nurse"(from Venice Hospital with thick eyeglasses and bug-eyed,with 2 daughters on staff)looked at my foot,during group session,and then had me put the shoe on again.I was "terminated" 2 days later for "misbehaving".I still have problem with that foot injury more than 20 yrs later."

How did your foot get injured?  I keep hearing there was no abuse at LIFE.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Much of the abuse in the programs occoured because of no professional supervision.There were people from 11 to 21 in LIFE.If you got some stronger 19 year old guy beating up on a weaker 15 year old guy then people will get injured.My bare foot was squeezed so hard and for so long by a (laughing) guy that was much older and bigger than me that my toenails cut in  to my toes.There was not much access to soap and water or nail clippers so my foot became badly infected.My "old commer family" did nothing to help me even though the blood and infection soaked through my canvass shoes.Today I could probably correct this with minor surgery.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
Also,Petermann was slamming people in to the concrete walls with no warning and the intake rooms were used to soften up misbehavors.There were intake rooms in a row(Osprey Building),with small hole cut in the wall so a long thick telephone cable was passed through all of the rooms.This thick brown telephone cable would be twisted around various body parts by phaserscum to persuade you to relent.I will pay money for the opportunity to run a similar thick telephone cable up Petermann's ass and out her eye socket then hang her from tall mast on her sailing yacht for all of her neighbors and grandchildren to see.Ill do it.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
On 2005-01-28 08:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Much of the abuse in the programs occoured because of no professional supervision.There were people from 11 to 21 in LIFE.If you got some stronger 19 year old guy beating up on a weaker 15 year old guy then people will get injured.My bare foot was squeezed so hard and for so long by a (laughing) guy that was much older and bigger than me that my toenails cut in  to my toes.There was not much access to soap and water or nail clippers so my foot became badly infected.My "old commer family" did nothing to help me even though the blood and infection soaked through my canvass shoes.Today I could probably correct this with minor surgery."

When I was there, the range was 11 to 24.  Splitting hairs is pointless though.  I too suffered bumps and bruises because I just happened to be sitting too close to a takedown.  

It's funny - before college, I worked for the state prison system doing computer stuff.  Had an inmate cut his finger on a wire stripper, and was immediately sent by the CO to the infirmary for some Neosporin and a band-aid.  

Maybe you can look into a good foot and ankle surgeon and get some relief.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »
On 2005-01-28 08:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Also,Petermann was slamming people in to the concrete walls with no warning and the intake rooms were used to soften up misbehavors.There were intake rooms in a row(Osprey Building),with small hole cut in the wall so a long thick telephone cable was passed through all of the rooms.This thick brown telephone cable would be twisted around various body parts by phaserscum to persuade you to relent.I will pay money for the opportunity to run a similar thick telephone cable up Petermann's ass and out her eye socket then hang her from tall mast on her sailing yacht for all of her neighbors and grandchildren to see.Ill do it."

Threats don't work - in fact they really take away from any credibility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

"Also,Petermann was slamming people in to the concrete walls with no warning and the intake rooms were used to soften up misbehavors.There were intake rooms in a row(Osprey Building),with small hole cut in the wall so a long thick telephone cable was passed through all of the rooms.This thick brown telephone cable would be twisted around various body parts by phaserscum to persuade you to relent.I will pay money for the opportunity to run a similar thick telephone cable up Petermann's ass and out her eye socket then hang her from tall mast on her sailing yacht for all of her neighbors and grandchildren to see.Ill do it."
I hate to imagine what happened to you to say such nasty shit...and threaten a someone on a public forum...sheesh man...sorta reminds me of mike tyson saying he wanted to eat lennox lewis' children. i sure am glad that the hole with the wire wasnt there when i went!  :scared:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
Still the cunt Sara?Thats the last time I offer to engage in regular conversation with you.I would like to see you next to Petermann dangling from that bloody cable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

First of all, you are SO SO full of it. There was ONE "intake room", and no cable anywhere near by.
  Second -  wow, are you a SICK MIND.  I'll pray for you.  May what you wish on others come back to YOU, 2 fold. sick sick sick

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
On 2005-01-28 17:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Still the cunt Sara?Thats the last time I offer to engage in regular conversation with you.I would like to see you next to Petermann dangling from that bloody cable."
i'm wit sara and anon on this one...your making shit up just to try and fit in...freak! :wave:

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
On 2005-01-28 17:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Still the cunt Sara?Thats the last time I offer to engage in regular conversation with you.I would like to see you next to Petermann dangling from that bloody cable."

Engaged me in regular conversation?  When?  You wanna go?  Let's fucking GO then!

You have my email address, set up a meeting, coward!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
::troll::

Our nada who art in nada, nada be thy name. Thy kingdom nada, thy will be nada as it is in nada. Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.
--Ernest Hemingway, American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2005, 12:54:00 AM »
"So So full of it"?
There were more than one room and there was in fact that beige/light brown thick telephone cable running between the rooms through a hole in the wall.That cable was put around my neck my "Mike Waters" and pulled tight.Did you arrive after possible renovations?Maybe I was being tortured in an ordinary office and not a designated "intake room".Go pray for yourself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
Mike

What year were you there?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »
I don't know about all that. The only contact I had w/ LIFE was going to school with a couple of girls from there and a 2 hour intake interview, which I walked away from.

In school, we weren't allowed to talk to them but they were allowed to talk to us. They were also allowed to wear makeup.

The intake was pretty much the same as a Straight intake, except that I was 18 and HRS and the local DA were hot on abusive practices in these programs at the time. I didn't know all that. I knew I was 18, though, and that I wasn't having any more of this shit.

I did get the feeling that they were a lot less brutal. More love bombing, less physical pain. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't a total mindfuck for those who did sign in. I have a hard time believing that Helen Peterman and George Ross somehow learned to treat substance abuse, quit accepting non addicted kids and quit being the berzerkers they were so prone to be when they worked at The Seed and/or Straight. They certainly took it on faith that I was an addict.

Never let your sense of
    morals get in the way of
    doing what's right
--Isaac Asimov

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
Helen Peterman was anything but the benevolent mother figure at the seed, this I can tell you. I have also heard stories but have no firsthand knowledge of what occured at Straight.

I have a very hard time believing LIFE was much different.