Author Topic: Anyone see Montel today?  (Read 15280 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

On 2005-01-23 14:26:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

i started the topic, o-topic inspector, to see how others felt about what was said. next time i will run the topic by you first. :rofl:  :rofl:  :wave:
you get what you give...maybe if you werent so bitcy and nasty and venomous...you would'nt get sarcastic remarks made to you.
you get just as good as you give. :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

"

i started the topic, o-topic inspector, to see how others felt about what was said. next time i will run the topic by you first. :rofl:  :rofl:  :wave:
you get what you give...maybe if you werent so bitchy and nasty and venomous...you would'nt get sarcastic remarks made to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

"

maybe if you werent so bitchy and nasty and venomous...you would'nt get sarcastic remarks made to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
sorry bout the multiple posts...OOPS!! :lol:

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
Hey sugarplum...Darren here... :rofl:  :rofl:  :wave:

maybe if you werent so bitchy and nasty and venomous...you would'nt get sarcastic remarks made to you.

you get just as good as you give. :grin: "

I tend to get bitchy and venomous when I deal with condescending people.  

When did I become the topic anyway?  The topic is the Montel show.  Why don't you stick to it?
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

On 2005-01-24 11:11:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

Hey sugarplum...Darren here... :rofl:  :rofl:  :wave:

you get just as good as you give. :wave:  :lol:
D.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

When did I become the topic anyway?  The topic is the Montel show.  Why don't you stick to it?

:wave:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
On 2005-01-24 13:46:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

"

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
And Sara ... you just seem to be DRAWN to the "intelligence" here. Hello?!?!  rofl  :lol:

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
On 2005-01-24 16:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

" And Sara ... you just seem to be DRAWN to the "intelligence" here. Hello?!?!  rofl  :lol: "

Touche'.

I thought about it too when I realized where this was going.  I concede.  I'll send a message to Ginger now to rename this to the "We Love LIFE/Growing Together" forum.

Enjoy.[ This Message was edited by: ~-=Sara=-~ on 2005-01-24 18:05 ]

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
On 2005-01-23 16:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  Sure, I'll respond to your questions.

As for the "Abuse" that happened at GT - and the reports.  Yep, that happened and was reported and hopefully the INDIVIDUAL who was admittedly guilty of that childish act was TREATED.

Was that a PRACTICE of GT??  NO.  

Was he TOLD or TAUGHT to do that, BY GT??  NO.

Did GT deny it, or avoid it or fight against it ?? NO.  The Director handled it very appropriatley.  

Is this a fairly isolated incident? MOST LIKELY.  

GT has been around for 15 plus years??!!  HOW many reports like this have been made and confirmed in ALL those years?!?!  Probably only this ONE.

When you work with disfunctional families and teens, do you expect things like this to NEVER happen in treatment??  Would be NICE... but we don't live in a perfect world.

Point is this.  If you DON'T have a BETTER SOLUTION for  troubled teens, using drugs, stealing, involved in breaking the law, being unruley... then PLEASE use your efforts to CREATE one!  Tearing down programs that DO help and have MANY, MANY successes (much to your dismay) should NOT be shut down for isolated incidents.

This SAMMIE on MONTEL was a real drama queen.  I DO NOT buy MOST of her story!  I don't BUY that she sat in her feces and blood for days, or that she was SAT ON for 12 hours at a time, or in a room by herself for days, OR that she was RAPED by a "staff" person!  DO NOT BUY IT!!

I personally think most the ABUSED on this site are out for the $$$!  You want to SUE and get whatever you can get out of any of the founders, directors, etc.!   MONEY motivated!  I don't BUY that you're out there to SAVE our poor kids!

So, there's your answers.  You won't like them, you are SO predictable in what you POST. You think you are SO much smarter or more well informed than ANYONE else.  I'm sure that's what you NEED to do, in order to mask your insecurities, but it REALLY gets old and sickening.

And I'm sure you'll go off on the "oh, and you post anonymously".  Well... is your name REALLY "Sara"??  I don't think so.  Why don't you post your true FULL name!??  If you're not willing, then SHUT up about those who post anonymously!  I choose NOT to post mine as I TRULEY feel like there are MANY "loose cannons" on this site (unbalanced, filled with hate and rage) and I do not choose to put my name out there, for them to then track down and harass.  Like it or not.

I WON'T resort to calling you names, as you have calling Darren an "asshole". THAT says a LOT about you and your character right there."

I cant sue. Its too late for that.
What I can do is stop the future victims.
as far as what happened to me.. There are people out there who remember bits and pieces so why should I lie. And also dont you think Montel would do his home work before setting himself up for a suit.
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »
On 2005-01-23 16:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

This SAMMIE on MONTEL was a real drama queen. I DO NOT buy MOST of her story! I don't BUY that she sat in her feces and blood for days, or that she was SAT ON for 12 hours at a time, or in a room by herself for days, OR that she was RAPED by a "staff" person! DO NOT BUY IT!!
I personally think most the ABUSED on this site are out for the $$$! You want to SUE and get whatever you can get out of any of the founders, directors, etc.! MONEY motivated! I don't BUY that you're out there to SAVE our poor kids!

Well I was there and I do believe her. I didn't get sat on very much while I was in. I ALWAYS complied, except for the one time I flat out refused to break the first and most impotent rule by telling Group I was sorry for leaving and glad to have been dragged back in.

I have seen kids sat on for hours upon hours. Of course, I was complying, so that meant that I didn't pay any attention, even when they screamed out in pain. I was paying attention to the person talking and telling myself that they had done the necessary things to land up on the floor, etc.

I've seen kids refused permission to use the toilet till they peed, shit and/or had menstrual blood soaking their clothes. I've seen kids (hell, been one) who had one set of ugly, illfitting clothing to wear for a week or more and, due to the "no lending or borrowing" rule, just had to keep on sweating and freezing in those same rank clothes till their belongings were either replaced by their parents on open meeting night or caught up w/ them through the clothes room.

I know Sammie got marathoned. I remember that much. I remember the routine. Of course I can't swear to her having been in an intake room for two weeks alone becase she was alone so I wasn't in the room. And Staff certainly never came out and told us "oh, btw, Sammie's back but we're keeping her in an intake room for awhile." If one of them had been closed and not available to stuff like a sardine can w/ newcomers dropped off at 6 to wait for group at 9, no one would have dared question it.

And that's the real rub, kid. No one would dare question! So here's Rob. Rob's a Jr staffer or a trainee. For the uninitiated, that means he came in as a newcomer, went through all the riggors and mindfuck of the program, took to it like a fish to water and is now in a position of unquestioned authority over other kids.

No doubt, he could get away with it. No doubt there was the oportunity. No doubt the hormones were there. Do I know it happened? Of course not. Would I personally swear under oath that it did? That would be purjory cause I didn't see it. Would I allow my daughter to be placed in a similar situation knowing what I know? Fuck No!

I just want other parents who are now receiving a slick sales pitch from some edcon or intake coordinator or toughlove hategroup guru to stop and consider all of the circumstances. If they do, I'm pretty confident that they would never place their daughters and sons in those types of situations either.

I think animal testing is a terrible idea;  they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.    
-- A Bit of Fry and Laurie

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
I know who this loser is that wrote the post.

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »
:nworthy:

And I never did send that note to Ginger! :smile:

Sammie, you've got a lot of people who believe in you.  Never give up the fight.

Ginger,  you putting together this board has resulted in a lot of positive changes - here's one:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=50#77579

Thank you for standing up for Sammie. :smile:

Anon - who knows who posted the shit about Sammie:  I don't give one eighth of a shit who it was.  I have some ideas about it being from one the ex-staff of LIFE/GT whose one big accomplishment in their life is that of being a former staffer.  

And they tell us to "let it go"
 :rofl:

There seem to be very few that acknowlege LIFE/KHK/GT as a metastasis of the Straight Inc. chain... but we're out here. :wave:[ This Message was edited by: ~-=Sara=-~ on 2005-01-26 13:45 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anyone see Montel today?
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
I had a foot injury at LIFE,and the blood and pus was soaking through to the outside of my shoe for about 2 weeks.A "nurse"(from Venice Hospital with thick eyeglasses and bug-eyed,with 2 daughters on staff)looked at my foot,during group session,and then had me put the shoe on again.I was "terminated" 2 days later for "misbehaving".I still have problem with that foot injury more than 20 yrs later.