Author Topic: Happy Anniversary....  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary....
« on: January 15, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »
For what it is worth today...Jan 15th ...32 years ago I was put into the seed. I remember it like it was yesterday.
My father very uncomfortable with the idea of leaving his 13 year old daughter but my mother who was very much for it. They paid 300.00...I was stripped searched. I remember being introduced to the group and being shouted out "WE LOVE YOU" and then sitting on the front row...the rest of the day I have no memory of.
Every Jan 15th for the past 32 years I have remembered this day like no other. It changed my youth...for better or worse.
In some ways I can now share it with you all...because no one else in my life can understand how this day affected me one way or the other...
Thanks for being here!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
Happy Anniversary Fran,

Thats awesome, 32 years is a long time. Congratulations.
Peace and Love, Jimmy

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary....
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
Thank you Jimmy...you are probably the only person in 32 years that wished me that.
Peace and Love to you too!!
Fran

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary....
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
Happy Intake Anniversary Fran ...

I too remember my "intake day" each year, to LIFE (a seed/straight spin-off) in Sarasota FL. Nov of '83 --- so I just had my 21 yr anniversary.  Unlike many here, I don't have any grudges or complaints about my experience.  Turned out good for me (though it wasn't WANTED or EASY at the time).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary....
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
Hey Fran, Congrats on 32 yrs. It will be 33 yrs. for me in March. A few months in Broward before moving to St. Pete when the seed opened there. Just another bump in the road in my life, nothing all that bad, still have friends from then. Life goes on ...

later
GBS

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Happy Anniversary....
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
I truly wish I could find some of the friends I made namely my own newcomers that came into my house. I think of them from time to time and hope that one day somehow I will find them. We all bonded and became very close and I wish them all well and a happy life.
I am not sure if I am allowed to use last names here in this forum but if I am let me know and I will name them...of course they may be married and have different last names.
I had friends from St Pete, Fort Pierce, Fort Myers, New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach. We had kept in touch up into about our late teens and then I got married young and lost touch with them.
Otherwise thank you for well wishes...I know we all have different views on how the seed helped or didn't help us but I thinks somehow we all need to be at peace with where we are today. It is the past...it made us in someways who we are...and this forum has made me think about how the seed effected my first marriage and it's possible demise...I married my high school sweetheart...I remember asking him while on my first date with him if he did drugs or drank...he did not. He was of all 16 years old unfortunately around the age of 19 he began to drink beer...he never ever did drugs but once he picked up the first beer he to this day has not been able to stop drinking. During the 9 years we were married I had major issues with this because of course with my conditioning and programming that drinking was wrong and no matter what I did or said ..my husband denied his addiction. In fact when my daughter was 18 months old and we were walking down the block together she saw a beer can and pointed to it and said "DA DA" even in her young age she connected a beer can to her daddy.This had devastated me. I of course have been a staunch advocator against doing drugs or drinking (I am not talking about an occasional glass of wine or beer etc) I am speaking of a daily 3-8 glasses of alcohol a day or illegal drug substance.
Both my kids are grown now and they are aware of my feelings...I had told them when they were little of my past in the seed...and they are aware of the possibility of alcoholism in themselves. So yes the seed did change me but in a way that I feel saved my kids from doing what I had done. And that I have to say I am thankful for.