Author Topic: With respect and sadness  (Read 21233 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
With respect and sadness
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »
Oh, and btw, I'm not sure Canada is really tougher on drunk drivers than some US jurisdictions. So. Florida has roving road blocks. It's been a matter of contention and litigation quite often. PA is much tougher than that, even. They'll pull just about anybody over for a sobriety test and probably half the yenzers I know have had their license suspended at some point for DUI.

Revelation indeed had no weight with me.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
On 2005-01-15 14:02:00, Antigen wrote:

"The amazing thing to me is that this keeps happening. Velvet, how many times have people posted obits in this forum w/ an appeal to donate to AARC?

Really?  THat is pretty strange.  I haven't seen that before. :eek:

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »
On 2005-01-15 14:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"The amazing thing to me is that this keeps happening. Velvet, how many times have people posted obits in this forum w/ an appeal to donate to AARC?

Really?  THat is pretty strange.  I haven't seen that before. :eek: "

To be fair, Ginger, There aren't any in the AARC forum.  That doesn't mean to say they haven't been posted in the obit columns of the Calgary Herald.  however, that could just be an assumption.  
In Canada, if you are detained by a police officer there has to be a basis.  "check-stops" are legal for roadside breath samples.  This does not look like that to me, otherwise I suspect the newspaper item would have said "check-stop".
The police will use the term "routine traffic stop" when it is nothing of the sort, when, in fact, they are profiling, the same as in the States.  Example: young person driving a Cadillac in a poor area of town.  That is not sufficient cause.
It really sounds to me as if there was no basis to stop the car in the first place, and the kid gave attitude and it escalated from there.
Lawyers are always dealing with cases of illegal searches from "routine traffic stops".  And police are always doing them because they know they can get away with it most of the time because people do not know their rights.
This unfortunate kid had already had contact with police, so we can only speculate about what had happened, and it is still speculation as  to the cause of his death.  However, I think it is very important that we know exactly what his connection was with AARC before we get carried away.              
The evidence needs to be examined.
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
On 2005-01-15 14:05:00, Antigen wrote:

"Oh, and btw, I'm not sure Canada is really tougher on drunk drivers than some US jurisdictions. So. Florida has roving road blocks. It's been a matter of contention and litigation quite often. PA is much tougher than that, even. They'll pull just about anybody over for a sobriety test and probably half the yenzers I know have had their license suspended at some point for DUI.

Revelation indeed had no weight with me.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"

What are yenzers?
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
I'll be damned! I stand corrected. At least I can't seem to find an example of another obit w/ a solicitation. Maybe it was another program I was thinking of.

Oh, yenz never heard of yenzers? Must not be from around here. LOL! It's a local Pittsburgh area thing. People around here say "yenz" the way southerners say "ya'll". Flatlanders sometimes call them yenzers. It's meant affectionately, really.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'>Mark Twain

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

"The amazing thing to me is that this keeps happening. Velvet, how many times have people posted obits in this forum w/ an appeal to donate to AARC? Does that strike anyone else as sort of a bizarre marketing strategy?

Ginger I think your recalling something either posted on one of the old forums or perhaps some info I'd sent you. Off the top of my head I can recall two obituaries asking for money to be donated to AARC. Neither of the deaths were youth. One was a parent who's daughter was currently in AARC and the other was someone related to AARC through other means.

I'm sure that every state varies regarding drinking and driving. The states that I've spent Saturday nights in downtown I've always been amazed at the lack of traffic stops and the obvious drunk drivers on the road.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2005, 02:39:00 AM »
On 2005-01-14 17:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-14 15:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"His funeral was a wake up call for many. And some people disagree that this is a fatal disease. That was the saddest funeral I have ever been to. The pain his family is going through. Not that this site even deserves this kind of information   :roll: "

What happened?????  You were at the funeral, how did he die??????"
He (after a w) committed suicide by loading himself up on pills. None of anyones business here.. but theres the deal. Pick it apart all you clowns want.  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »
On 2005-01-15 23:39:00, Anonymous wrote

He (after a w) committed suicide by loading himself up on pills. None of anyones business here.. but theres the deal. Pick it apart all you clowns want.  :roll: "

What's a W?  I'm not picking apart anything.  I'm always sad when I hear that a kid that was in one of those places commits suicide.  It happens quite a bit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
On 2005-01-15 23:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

He (after a w) committed suicide by loading himself up on pills. None of anyones business here.. but theres the deal. Pick it apart all you clowns want.  :roll: "

What's a W?  I'm not picking apart anything.  I'm always sad when I hear that a kid that was in one of those places commits suicide.  It happens quite a bit.  "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
So in other words he did kill himself after AARC. Still no connection between drug addiction or alcoholism and his death. I can see why an AARC person would be afraid to post the information here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »
On 2005-01-16 06:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-15 23:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

What's a W?  I'm not picking apart anything.  I'm always sad when I hear that a kid that was in one of those places commits suicide.  It happens quite a bit.  "

"

So, what we seem to have here is the following:
Young person commits suicide.  
Before he commits suicide it appears that:
He attended AARC.
He had been charged with a criminal offence for which he was on probation:
While on probation he committed a much more serious offence (attempted murder)
While charges against him were pending he committed suicide.
He was basically a nice guy.
He is presumed to have a "drug problem"
The question is:
Did his drug problem cause the suicide?
Did his treatment at AARC cause the suicide?
Did his fear of the consequences of his charges cause the suicide?
I think we have some extremely serious assumptions her and we need to know whether the chicken came first or the egg.
Was he in AARC before or after his first set of charges?  
Was he placed there by his parents or by the Solicitor-General?
Of course, there could well be a cover-up because Ron Stevens, who is on the record as endorsing AARC in 1999 (see AARC's web page) is now the Attorney General for the Province, and who's going to believe a few disgruntled AARC survivors when some of our most senior government officials support it?

And do not think that cover-ups don't occur in KKKlein's Alberta.  Right now there is an enquiry going on into how a young offender came to fall down an elevator shaft and be killed in the courthouse in Edmonton.  But THAT is another story...

If he was so unhappy that he would "load himself up with pills"  you have to ask why he was in that state.  No explanation from AARC groupies really seems to address that problem.  And Dean Vause is probably just too stupid to understand the significance of that question.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
"Could it be that life in our highschools has gotten so horrible as to cause young boys to go on shooting sprees? Nah! It's Emenem and his dirty lyrics!"

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
--Francois Marie Arouet "Voltaire", French author and playwright

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »
Nah! It's Emenem and his dirty lyrics!

Ha! Or maybe it's gays getting married in San Francisco and ruining America's family values.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
Maybe we should all be attacking the justice system of Alberta. After all Andrew was in jail serving a sentence for his already noted crimes when he overdosed. Whether you believe that addiction is a disease or not...it was drugs that took Andrew's life. It was a hard funeral to attend. Andrew was the first grad to die. He was a good kid. For someone who felt so unworthy of love, a whole lot of people who loved him showed up to his funeral. He will be sadly missed. AARC may seem really messed up to some of you, but to me its the reason I am not where Andrew is now. I would much rather be "brain-washed", "identity stripped" or whatever else this site says we AARC grads are now...then pushing up daisies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
With respect and sadness
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »
If overdosing on pills equivilates drug addiction, does slitting your wrists make you a cutter? People take their lives by overdosing on pills all the time, it has nothing to do with addiction.