Author Topic: Lest we forget  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lest we forget
« on: April 30, 2007, 09:25:47 PM »
I am writing tonight because I have just been reminded why I am determined to see AARC shut down.
My sibling and I are both survivors. He went in 2 years after I did. I tried to tell my parents the truth. So convinced were they that I was the problem they put him in anyway. He was going to give it a try. He wanted to live. He wanted to make something of himself.
I have to tell you about him. He has a smile that can brighten your day and a laugh that echos in your heart so you can't help but join in. Even during his drug use he still had a sense of humour and an overall hope for his life. He came out different. He came out cold.
Last night he nearly succeeded in ending his life. He has no hope or joy anymore.
He has never discussed what happened to him during his detainment. I don't know if he was physically or sexually abused. His mind was damaged, his soul was tortured.  All I know for sure is that he kept fighting, until now.
I just wanted to post this to remind readers that these are not just stories, they are lives.
He is not the first boy in his group to try this. Some of his friends have succeeded. He has lost so much and he is still so young.
This is why I fight.
I fight for him, for me and for all of the survivors who made it through.
I will get through this. He may not. He is still in hospital. I will never stop. We were children then. Small, weak children whose parents entrusted a government sponsored agency to save their children. Instead we ended more broken than we began. We are adults now. Some of the wounded will not make it out, but the survivors will carry their memories to the highest court.
I am feeling weak right now. I am feeling beaten. I will keep fighting, if only for my brother today.

Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Mel

• View Profile
Lest we forget
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:01:20 PM »
I'm here for you and I know that the two of you can get out of this together.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »