Author Topic: Jackson Nash 92-95  (Read 8847 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Nash 92-95
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »
Yes,we moved to California from Dallas TX. Like me, Don was actually an accredited school teacher. He used to explain "CEDU speak" to me and all I could think of was the similarity to Scientlogy jargo. While he felt the school seemed to help some students, he thought others were kept there to get their parents paychecks, were there because their parents didn't want to bother any more etc. He was emotionally & intellectually split on CEDU and its merits and thought students should be tracked after they graduated CEDU to scientifically verify the benefits of the program.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Jackson Nash 92-95
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »
Yes, I do remember that Don actually had a degree and he was an accredited teacher. In fact, he was the only qualified teacher I remember having at cedu.  Don was my history teacher (my favorite subject) and I still remember his lessons about the Roman Empire.
I also remember that Don was a pro wrestling
fan(so was I as a kid), and we would talk
about our favorite wrestlers like the Von Erics, Kamala, Ric Flair, the Freebirds, etc.

Again, I knew Don when he first started working at Cedu.  Unlike all the other staff, Don had not been indoctorinated into all the Cedu bullshit psychobabble.  Most Cedu staff talked down to me,and in general treated me like some kind of retarded criminal invalid, incapable of making my own decisions, and unworthy of even having my ideas or opinions heard.

Don was different,because he related to me like a normal person. He never talked down to me, or treated me as if I was inferior to him.  When I talked to him, Don actually listened to what I had to say, and he respected my views and my right to have them, even when they differed from his own. This was very uncommon for cedu staff to do, and I always appreciated Don for being the way he was.  I wish he was still here so I could thank him for that personally.

Please accept my sincerest condolences for your loss, and know that Don has at least one former student who remembers him fondly, and feels better off for having had known him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Nash 92-95
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
Not just one. I remember Don well and fondly. This is indeed very sad news. John, I send you my heartfelt condolences.

Offline jackson nash

• View Profile
Jackson Nash 92-95
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
Seth!

Seth Greenbaum?!! Am I spelling that right?
I know exactly who you are. And let me say thank you now for amking my stay at the 'Du a little bit easier.
You were great man, I remember a lot of things we talked about: Mortal Komabt, fatalities, hacking, great stuff.

Email me when you read this.

[email protected]

All my best,

Jackson

Offline jackson nash

• View Profile
Jackson Nash 92-95
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »
I too am extremely sad to hear of the death of yet another friend.
John Martin, if you read this, I wish you my best and send good thoughts your way.

All my best to you,

Jackson