Author Topic: More Trivia  (Read 53116 times)

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 13:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think I remember you landy.  You were a cute little kid and a smart one to boot if my memory serves me right."

I hesitate to answer for fear of being sent to the "Hot Seat" for being in my ego but I suppose that would be an accurate description. As to the cute part on my first go round at nine my favorite thing about being there was that all the girls would pay alot of attention to me kisses and hug were OK because I was so little. I think I got lectured once during one of  those kisses when I slipped the (adult or late teen and pretty)girl a little tongue. I don't think she was quite  ready for that. When i look back on the fact that I was leading rap sessions at no more than ten years old I am kind amazed by it. Do I get a chance to remember who you are. I wonder if you remember me from little house, haunted house or strd 84
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Whatever thou put his hand to do it with all thy might\" King Solomon

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 13:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Blond Hair and alot of it I think..."

Yes! That's me.

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 13:47:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"Yep that was on Andrews but Tommy M. was sr 84.  But I think he may have been on 3rd ave as well.

Do you remember Bonny she was his sister in law. "

I know that name but I am not sure if I have an accurate picture of who she was. I was thinking the little house was just on a different part of andrew until you mentioned 3rd ave

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 13:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think I remember you landy.  You were a cute little kid and a smart one to boot if my memory serves me right."

BTW I meant to say thank you for the wonderful compliments on the mini me. Thanks

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 14:54:00, Antigen wrote:

"I'm glad you came along too, landyh. I don't know anybody else but me who was involved at such a young age. Now, I never sat in on group, far less on those vaunted bar room stools (btw, they had those at Straight too... anyone else find that ironic?) But I was in on the endless clatches at Denny's after open meeing on SR 84 and a good bit of Programming in our home, around the diningroom table and whenever I tagged along w/ my brother and the New Crusty Nostrils.

I definitely remember the rush of having grown ups bow to my impressive "Awareness". Looking back, of course, I was such an obnoxious prig! But, what's done is done.

Also, I think you probably can answer some questions about the way things were before the ominous 1313 Andrews ave (well, 1315, actually... but the other way sounds better, uh?) There's a legend that the first group started out on Art's yacht tied up at the Playboy Mansion or some such. Any truth to that? Cause the way I remember Art's telling of it, he had started getting the building ready to open before the first Seedling ever arrived and found that his entire work crew were all druggies. So he sat them down and started feeding them beans or something along those lines. Which story is closer to the facts?

If quitting drugs means joining the war on terrorism, does this portend the fire bombing of Amsterdamn ?

--Felton Manifestation

"
I can't state with cetainty the yacht story but I remembered it when I read it just now. My sister may have been on the boat I 'll ask her  as soon as I can. I already left her a message that she needs to get over here. I hope she does as she would probably have more clarity because she was 4 years older than me. The yacht happened its the details I can't verify.

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 14:54:00, Antigen wrote:

"I'm glad you came along too, landyh. I don't know anybody else but me who was involved at such a young age. Now, I never sat in on group, far less on those vaunted bar room stools (btw, they had those at Straight too... anyone else find that ironic?) But I was in on the endless clatches at Denny's after open meeing on SR 84 and a good bit of Programming in our home, around the diningroom table and whenever I tagged along w/ my brother and the New Crusty Nostrils.

I definitely remember the rush of having grown ups bow to my impressive "Awareness". Looking back, of course, I was such an obnoxious prig! But, what's done is done.

Also, I think you probably can answer some questions about the way things were before the ominous 1313 Andrews ave (well, 1315, actually... but the other way sounds better, uh?) There's a legend that the first group started out on Art's yacht tied up at the Playboy Mansion or some such. Any truth to that? Cause the way I remember Art's telling of it, he had started getting the building ready to open before the first Seedling ever arrived and found that his entire work crew were all druggies. So he sat them down and started feeding them beans or something along those lines. Which story is closer to the facts?

If quitting drugs means joining the war on terrorism, does this portend the fire bombing of Amsterdamn ?

--Felton Manifestation

"

I don't mean to keep double replying to the same posts I just realized though that I didn't fully answer your question. First I was probably a little piggish no doubt as well but I still think in regard to my first experience that the validation and attention I recieved during that time has helped me to this day with some of the esteem issue that probably got me there in the  first place. How old were you and what time frame did you go thhere in? The little house was much more in my mind AA oriented and this was partly because of the influence of Hap and Mavis I am not  at all sure about this but I think pulling away to a greater degree from those AA roots may have been why Hap and Mavis left. I know something happened.  Being in AA now and understanding how in spite of  the personalities involved its loose framework is a large part of what makes it such a wonderful program and I think they made a mistake when they pulled away from that. I think we even passed the basket there I can't remember if that continued later as it does it AA. Hopefully more will come back to me because you guys have already triggered so much that I had forgotten.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More Trivia
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
Well, I was 5 or 6 when my brothers went in. Then I guess I was about 8 or 9 when my sister went and one brother returned. Meantime, the other brother married a staffer, Pam O (I seem to recall there were two Pam's) Why, you almost couldn't swing a cat around the Seed w/o hitting one of my kin square in the ass.

Then when I was 16, I landed up in Straight. John later told me that my parents had been trying to get me into the Seed for awhile and to get my sister started over because of a poor romantic choice.

So basically, even though I wasn't in group, it followed me around like a dark cloud. All the other kids knew, I wasn't really allowed to associate w/ non-seedlings. That left one friend, a boy 4 years younger than me by virtue of his brother having been a Seedling in good standing.

To put one toe over the line in any way, intentionally or not, was unthinkable, though I didn't have quite as much surveilance to worry about once my sister graduated highschool.

sunday school: A prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents.
--H. L. Mencken, American publisher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
Anyone here at watkins glenn in '73?  I think we walked 5 miles from where we parked, remember the rain and almost every set.  I dont think they can pull that off anymore, too bad.

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 19:31:00, Antigen wrote:

"Well, I was 5 or 6 when my brothers went in. Then I guess I was about 8 or 9 when my sister went and one brother returned. Meantime, the other brother married a staffer, Pam O (I seem to recall there were two Pam's) Why, you almost couldn't swing a cat around the Seed w/o hitting one of my kin square in the ass.

Then when I was 16, I landed up in Straight. John later told me that my parents had been trying to get me into the Seed for awhile and to get my sister started over because of a poor romantic choice.

So basically, even though I wasn't in group, it followed me around like a dark cloud. All the other kids knew, I wasn't really allowed to associate w/ non-seedlings. That left one friend, a boy 4 years younger than me by virtue of his brother having been a Seedling in good standing.

To put one toe over the line in any way, intentionally or not, was unthinkable, though I didn't have quite as much surveilance to worry about once my sister graduated highschool.

sunday school: A prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents.
--H. L. Mencken, American publisher

Sounds like they were'nt going to give you a chance to need the seed.  Islolated and guilty by association hell yea you might as well have used and joined just to have more friends. I'm sorry for your trouble. I see you have family here too. Kinda neet. I hope I can get my sister here. She drug me along the first time out of guilt and we were both kidnapped the second. I went home before her and I was so excited when she came home.  She ran away that night at 16 and I didn't see her for a very long time by the time my dad found her she was emancipated. So I have some great memories too.
"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
Landy can you describe how you came to be chosen to lead raps at such a young age? did it have to do wit u cute loks and r u still cute?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More Trivia
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »
On 2005-11-22 19:53:00, landyh wrote:

hell yea you might as well have used and joined just to have more friends.  

The thought did cross my mind.

I'm sorry for your trouble.

Thanks.

I hope I can get my sister here. She drug me along the first time out of guilt and we were both kidnapped the second. I went home before her and I was so excited when she came home.  She ran away that night at 16 and I didn't see her for a very long time by the time my dad found her she was emancipated. So I have some great memories too.

"

Oh, that would be great. The more we can really understand how it all started, I think the easier it is to understand it all now.

Do you and your sister get along these days?

The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma.
--Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »
On 2005-11-22 20:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Landy can you describe how you came to be chosen to lead raps at such a young age? did it have to do wit u cute loks and r u still cute?"

I think it may have been partly that. I also had a fairly high IQ along with a level of damage and destruction in my life that went further than even I could acknowlege at the time (very extreeme for my age and that point in time). Further on the IQ side of interest is that yes I test out between 136 to 140 but I am also left handed which puts me  in the right side of my brain. That had implications for the type of thought of which I am capapable. I deduce through intuition and other deep feelings as much as or more than logic. This cetainly served to help me grasp the program in a  certain way. I was often described as precociuous which was probably accurate in many several ways. Sexually, my life experiences and I had the ability to absorb and convey the message of the ptogram in a very adult like manner (people told me this).  I think all those things combined together to bring me to lead rap sessions that and the fact that for whatever reason I was capable of doing it confidently and well. I seem to recall that it started with helping Charlie in group but I am not sure though it would explain in part why I remember feeling very close to Charlie. This is all coming from someone who had terribly low self-esteem for lots of reasons ( read my other posts) when he got there. As to being cute I suppose I still (dimples don't go away I guess)elicit that feeling in woman which has been a blessing and a curse. Much of my dating years I would have prefered to have been seen as attractive in a more decidely macho way. But in retrospect cute kept me in enough trouble and still does in some ways :lol: I hope that answers your question. I guess I could add that I am in whole new set of dating years. Aint life grand?

Offline landyh

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »
On 2005-11-22 21:06:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-11-22 19:53:00, landyh wrote:

hell yea you might as well have used and joined just to have more friends.  

The thought did cross my mind.

I'm sorry for your trouble.

Thanks.

I hope I can get my sister here. She drug me along the first time out of guilt and we were both kidnapped the second. I went home before her and I was so excited when she came home.  She ran away that night at 16 and I didn't see her for a very long time by the time my dad found her she was emancipated. So I have some great memories too.

"

Oh, that would be great. The more we can really understand how it all started, I think the easier it is to understand it all now.

Do you and your sister get along these days?

The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma.

--Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

Drug war POW

Straight, Sarasota

`80 - `82"

My sister and I get along extremely well but don't get to spend near enough time together with her in Ft Lauderdale and me in Orlando. Our relationship  is mostly limited to the phone. Regretfully this year the man she ran away from the seed to be with, her husband of 30 years, passed away due to a heart attack. I don't know if she will even have the capacity to face what lies here along with the healing that she is already going through. I hope so but there are some difficult aspects to being here I would suspect for all of us. I know for myself I need to be here at least for a while.  I am certainly going to use all my seedling powers to get her here   :wink:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »
Welcome Landy!

I always suspected we would get one of you people that got admitted at 9 years old.

I am so interested in hearing more from you. I often wondered what the hell the parents of these youngsters were thinking.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
On 2005-11-22 13:50:00, landyh wrote:

"

I like the references but the food thing at the very early Seed was a money thing the way I remember it. They had a kitchen right there in the main room. My second time at st rd 84 I thought the pb and j were still a cost issue. Not sure just the way I remember it."

Well, that would be "nice" if it were true, but the bare fact is Art Barker received money hand over fist in 73, including 1,000,000 from the government, money from charitable groups, money twice a week from parents, all the food was donated, and even the warehouse in st pete was donated, and the staff was paid a pittence.  Money was taken from the open meetings in massive amounts.

So, where was my food since he now had ample money, and why was I eating wet peanut butter sandwhiches along with a small dixie cup of watery cool-aide?

No, the money issue was just a justification, this was part of your "treatment", along with a way to get out of the circumstance by complying, going home and eating your mother's home cooking. Remember those "my mom's _______ is the best in the word, and I can't wait to go home to some home cooking raps?

No, the truth of the matter may be hard to conceive, but the fact is that we were treated this way as a method to break our will.