Author Topic: More Trivia  (Read 52789 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More Trivia
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
Everybody signed themselves in, unless there was an actual court order. I signed myself into Straight, too. But, as you well know, there was absolutely nothing voluntary about it.

You mean you took yourself down there or asked mom to take you? I really don't know how that happened and I really would like to. I don't know why, exactly, just that it's family history.

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment, to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure.
--Clarence Darrow, American lawyer

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline marshall

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
We took the grandkids to see "Robots" last night. The movie contained a couple of seed songs of the type we were discussing. "I'm a little teapot" & one I'd forgotten about; "If you're happy & you know it..." I wish the seed's repertoire of korean mind-control techniques had included forcing us to watch children's movies and cartoons. I like them better than the songs.

If they'd insisted we wear large diapers, I suppose some of us would now be saying;...'I thought that I was too cool to wear diapers until I got straight.' We could've been forced to suck our thumbs too. Come to think of it, now that many of us are getting up in years the diaper thingie might have been good practice for our approaching 'Depends' years. :lol:

BTW, I am really not familiar with the technique of infantile song singing being used in cults or for political indoctrination. If greg or someone could provide the links or info on that I'd appreciate it. (I keep trying to picture the denizens of the russian gulag dancing the hokey pokey...just doesn't click)
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
Marshall be careful, some grandpa taking your kids to a Korean mind control movie.  My god-have you gone mad? :silly:
YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »
On 2005-03-16 11:20:00, Antigen wrote:

"...You mean you took yourself down there or asked mom to take you? I really don't know how that happened and I really would like to. I don't know why, exactly, just that it's family history. "

Must have been the latter, since I was not of driving age at the time. I chose to go to the Seed. I was not under any external threat or compulsion. I get the impression this was a bit unusual, but I guess it explains why I wasn't yelled at or locked in. I was not a flight risk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2005, 04:14:00 AM »
In my view, a 14 year old child using illegal drugs to fit in, be cool, cope with life, mellow out, whatever, has a problem already. I was not an addict, but I saw the kind of trouble some kids who were more involved with drugs were getting into. Grades dropping, skipping school, stealing cars, escalating drug use, etc. I wanted to learn how I could avoid some of these pitfalls.
My Seed experience was obviously different. I was there to learn. Being involved with The Seed was the best part of my childhood. Should I be ashamed of that? I won't.

Thank you for validating what I've always believed to be a great learning experience for me!!(THE SEED) Are you from the St Pete Seed?

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »

Must have been the latter, since I was not of driving age at the time. I chose to go to the Seed. I was not under any external threat or compulsion. I get the impression this was a bit unusual, but I guess it explains why I wasn't yelled at or locked in. I was not a flight risk.
"

DITTO, My friend...It's good to know we were not all "Gregs" or "Gingers"   :eek:
bid you peace!

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2005, 06:39:00 AM »
On 2005-03-17 01:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Thank you for validating what I've always believed to be a great learning experience for me!!(THE SEED) Are you from the St Pete Seed?"

No, Ft. Lauderdale, and thank you for the thank you! Usually when I post such "controversial" personal experiences here, I am challenged by Staff  :grin:

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
Ugh, please. What's this compulsion to have everyone agree still? We are all on the same team - ex-seedlings - whether we want to be or not, whether we feel like the experience saved us or enslaved us (clever, eh?). Anyway, personally, I am glad there are 'Gregs,' 'Gingers,' 'Thoms,' 'Marshalls,' 'Lauderdales,' yup and 'Robins,' and I don't feel we all have to agree.  Just think of all the other people who never ever post, or even read, about their experience, and probably never think about what was good or bad about it.

'The unexamined life is not worth living,'

or

'The unlived life is not worth examining!'

Love you all!!!

Hey, if you want to see really angry people go to the Straigh forum and read Animals or Froderick - whew!
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »
This forum is for all former seedlings to have a place to come to rehash the past. I get turned off when I read posts that seem to put others down if not totally in agreement with their seed experiences. Then I feel I am back in the seed where our thoughts and feelings are not allowed to be totally open without a can of worms ready to explode in our faces and being ashamed that we feel the way we do.
Thom and Antigen have major issues to deal with and maybe you guys need to call each other and talk!! Life is way too short to have such animosity towards each other. I sense it is more from Antigen then from Thom. Again I get this feeling from reading the posts.
I also know from reading the posts that Greg hated every minute in the seed and has alot of pent up anger still from his time there and I respect that....but when someone comes along with wonderful carefree memories of love and peace from the seed....Greg comes down on them with Cult this and Cult that.
This forum should be a place that we can say what we want to without the shit hitting the fan and offending someone.
We all experienced the seed...good or bad...but this is the only place we can come to talk about the things that only we can talk about with each other. Not even our own children, spouses or friends can we talk about this time of our lives to. They just can't relate (oops another word from the seed "relate")

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
On 2005-03-17 06:44:00, cleveland wrote:

"Ugh, please. What's this compulsion to have everyone agree still?"
I agree.  :razz: What I saw was a post from myself that some others here could relate to, and they expressed their feelings about the post, and offered encouragement. I saw no compulsion or any other unhealthy thing in it. I personally have no agenda to sway anyone to my way of thinking. I just share my stuff, some agree, some psychoanalyze. We all have our ways of reacting to other's expressed thoughts, and as far as I'm concerned, that's OK. I am learning alot here, even from the 'Monster at the Side of the Group'
I think it's good to hear from all extremes of Seed experiences. This is a worth-while endeaver, and although I may not always agree with my 'lil Sister, I do admire her greatly for her tenacity and determination to understand what happened to a big chunk of her life. I know where she gets it. Our Dad was an amazing man. An example: where some might write to their Congressman, Dad would write to everyone's Congressman and Senator as well as many newspapers and TV networks. His views were well known by many in Washington and various State Houses, and in some areas he did make a difference. I wish we had been able to keep him longer, yet, when he passed, it seems parts of his character were dispursed among his kids. Strange, but true.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »
Once in the Seed and once in Straight inc. But soon after I'd been to psychiartrists and really expensive upper-class rehabs I signed myself in at LIFE. The other rehabs were stupid and the other's I found out the hard way just government thought reform cool-aid stands. :smokin:

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136374069/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Andrew Tannenbaum

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More Trivia
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »
Thom, that's more than a bit unusual. It's almost hard to believe.

If you want a voluntary urine sample from me it'll have to be a taste test.
--Bumper Sticker

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Thom

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
On 2005-03-18 07:49:00, Antigen wrote:

"Thom, that's more than a bit unusual. It's almost hard to believe.
"

OK, I guess you got Dad's tenacity and his skepticism... I wondered who got that part! :rofl:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
Sorry I haven't responded. I am in the middle of a family emergency. You guys are in my thoughts and I will be able to spend some time here hopefully next week. My only comment is that everyone here is indeed, or should be, on the same side. That is the side of exploring our experiences and learning from each other.

Take care all.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
More Trivia
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »
On 2005-03-23 07:36:00, GregFL wrote:

"Sorry I haven't responded. I am in the middle of a family emergency. You guys are in my thoughts and I will be able to spend some time here hopefully next week. My only comment is that everyone here is indeed, or should be, on the same side. That is the side of exploring our experiences and learning from each other.

Take care all.

"

Good to see you!! :wave: You're missed!  Hope everything works out OK.

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000051WYJ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> BROOKS ATKINSON (1894-1984), Once Around The Sun, 1951.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s