Author Topic: Group Think  (Read 12585 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
On 2005-01-08 15:05:00, marshall wrote:

And yes, the seed was much cushier than the georgia prison system. I would also probably have chosen to spend time in north korea listening to hours of communist propaganda rather than prison   "

:grin:  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
http://www.ex-cult.org/

Anyone doubting the cult status of the seed program should read the material on this site. It meets all of the criteria. See especially Lifton's criteria for thought reform, Conditions for mind control and Mind Control, the bite model.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 02:41:00 AM »
On 2005-01-09 08:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

Are you speaking of Kenny S****? The one who also had a half-sister in the program?  If so, I knew them both and would like to hear more.

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 04:18:00 AM »
Personally the WWASP program helped me. Do I think it's a cure all? No, far from it. Actually there are a lot of debates going on in the TEEN HELP INDUSTRY Forum. It's quite mind expanding and I suggest you check it out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
Marshall It sounds like you don't take any responsibility for what happened to the girl at school & selling her LSD?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »
On 2005-01-09 21:28:00, marshall wrote:

"http://www.ex-cult.org/

Anyone doubting the cult status of the seed program should read the material on this site. It meets all of the criteria. See especially Lifton's criteria for thought reform, Conditions for mind control and Mind Control, the bite model. "

:nworthy: This needs to go over in the Teen Help forum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
Give the guy a break.  So now choosing to go to the seed is NOT taking responsiblity for one's  actions???  I'm going to venture a guess - the program saved your life, you can't imagine where you would be without it and you still love Art & Shelly and the other overlords, right???

Anon, make up your mind. You can't have it both ways - coming down on the guy cause he sold drugs, then come down on the guy cause he chose "rehab" over prison.  Prison, BTW, is no place for a child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
RE:  Post above is in response to this posting:

"Marshall It sounds like you don't take any responsibility for what happened to the girl at school & selling her LSD?

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »
It has nothing to do with taking responsibility. The girl was older than I. She was from atlanta and had used way more drugs including taking acid many times. I didn't sell it to her (that was to a classmate) she asked me for it. Of course I am responsible, and she was also responsible. We were both kids. How many of us sold drugs or gave them to our friends? How many of us got caught and served time for it? Did I deserve prison more than those who didn't get caught? Am I more accountable or responsible because I did?

I have not smoked cigarettes since I was 19. I am against their use. I think they are harmful and responsible for more disease and death than all illegal drugs combined. But I do not think they should be made illegal. I don't think those using or selling them should be imprisoned. (The head of the DEA made a statement a few years ago to John Stossel of ABC suggesting that he thought it was just a matter of time before tobacco becomes illegal) How many of us have given a cigarette to a friend? Shouldn't we also be held responsible for this?

Many of the people I love smoke. I do not want them to be imprisoned either. Nor would I wish for them to be subjected to a seed-like program to break their habit. My feelings about drugs are the same. The way to deal with the issue is not imprisonment or coercive mind control. I was wrong to give her acid but the government was even more wrong (imo) for throwing a kid into prison for it.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Sorry .  I disagree. I think you were let off easy by going to the Seed.  5 years of prison in a GA jail.  Please...  You can compare it to whatever.  Sorry it sounds like to me that you never learned the lesson you were sent there for to begin with-  I hold nothing against you personally.  This is the way I feel.  Do you have kids?  Prpbably not if you didn;t learn that one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »
No place for a child???????? I thought he was going to prison for 5 years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »
let me venture a guess.  What crimes have you committed and what drugs do you still use?????

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren.
I am glad I went to the seed instead of 5 years in prison. I thought I made that plain. That does not mean that I agree with or approve of the seed. I would also have been happy to have been sent to the moonies instead.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
Anon, not sure if this was directed toward me. If so; Crimes... that's a hard one. Jaywalking maybe? I was stopped for speeding twice in the pst 30 years too. Drugs...caffeine (sorry mormons) and very occasional alcohol. I bought a 12 pack of beer about 3 months ago and have 4 left. A glass, maybe 2 of wine with dinner once or twice per week. I did smoke pot once about 11 years ago just out of curiosity. I found much of what I was looking for via drugs by taking up meditation. A practice the seed discouraged.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Group Think
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
Marshall,

One of my best friends before I went to the seed did serious prison time for selling drugs. His name was Mark. He was an adopted kid, and his parents were like family to me too. His mom had grown up on a farm, and his dad was a blue collar guy who had worked his way up, and was one of the smartest people I'd ever known. His parents were not perfect - his mom was working and putting herself thru school, his dad would come home from work and drink a couple of beers, most likely one too many, and his sister, who was adopted too, had some mental issues. But Mark was one of the sweetest guys you'd ever want to know. I got to know him because my sister had a big crush on him - Mark was a 'babe magnet' in Jr. High, looking a little bit like that painting of Jesus with long dark hair. He became a really great friend, and we shared a lot. Naturally, we got high together too. I remember he experimented a bit more than I did. While I was more of a 'brain' in High School, he was solidly in the Freak camp. But Mark was one of those natural charmers who everybody likes. He was a ladies man too, but always the type of guy that old girlfriends would keep in touch with. We had lost touch a bit cause I went to college, and he was going to go to trade school. Then I went in the Seed. I heard thru the grapevine that he'd gone to prison. Well, when I left the Seed one of the first things I did was look Mark up.

Mark was no living at home. His front teeth had been lost in a prison fight; he lost that fight and also was raped. He became an alcoholic, and when he left prison, became a biker and in an accident, lost both of his legs. When I saw him, he was a shadow of the person I knew. He spent his days getting stoned and sitting in bars.

Mark might have had some problems as a kid, but believe me, he was the kid that everybody loved. Sending somebody like this to prison? Of course, selling drugs is wrong. But destroying some kids life for it?

No, I can't say 'society' is totally responsible and Mark is guilt-free. But?

So FT. L, the fact that Marshall avoided prison - fantastic. And he seems like a good guy today.
ally Gator