Author Topic: Sorry Folks, the Seed helped me!!!  (Read 13767 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Sorry Folks, the Seed helped me!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

Greg ? Thanks for the welcome.

I came in the Seed at 15 years of age.  I used drugs just about every day before coming in.  I did not know how to deal with the real world and tried to mask all of the negative feelings I had about myself through the use of drugs.  I used drugs for several years and each year I would see myself doing more and more to destroy my life.  I was so unhappy that I could not even look at myself in the mirror or even be alone by myself.  Even as a kid I never felt secure with myself, I always felt like I was not worth anything.  The Seed gave me everything I was lacking in my life.  I certainly did not get any assurance from my parents.  I was always told how everything I did was wrong and never once was I told you did a good job.

For me I would not even want to drink or do drugs again since that is what destroyed me the first time.  All I have to do is think about how I felt prior to coming in and how I learned how to be at peace and happy with myself now.  I don?t want to take the chance of destroying that.

I hope this answers your questions.

"

So, you were never addicted. Many 15 year olds don't know how to deal with the real world and are very unhappy. It is part of the deal, unfortunately. However, for most kids, a cult is NOT the answer to their unhappiness, at least not in the long term.

The seed gave you everything?  WOW. How long were you involved?

BTW, congrats on kicking whatever disease or sickness you had.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
Anonymous wrote:

I came in the Seed at 15 years of age.

Anon, you said you stayed involved w/ The Seed for many years. Have you been in touch w/ your family the whole time?

Just curious.

Whenever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »
Oh no cause she's probably been locked up in a closet with cool aid and PB & J's for 30 years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
maybe it didn't give her everything - but a lifetime supply of cool aid. :grin:

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
Why is it that for most seed people it's always an everything or nothing proposal?  Like a person is either addicted or not; or our lives are either GREAT ..or not.  And we only have heavy revelations that bring deep meaing to our lives or or silly, meaningless thoughts that we believe show a weakness of character?

I've seen this time after time in myself over the years and it's avery self-defeating pattern. It looks to me to just be more evidence of programming.

To the anon with the life-threatening disease who perhaps took offense to my comment - "Maybe if you actually tried to live in the real world and deal with people from all walks of life instead of your seed cucoon, you might not be so "offended" by the fact that other people actually have opinions that differ from yours. I'm thinking that you have not really been exposed to much of the real world."

First of all, accept my apologies if my statement offended you.  It was nto my intent and have no ability to know your personal history or the history of any other persons here, it's almost a given that something I write will deeply offend someone.  

I, too have dealt with life threatening disease, poverty, violence, homelessness, etc.  But so have many, many other people who didn't have these "seed" tools.  Those folks do alright - I've seen them - adults and children alike. Anon, there's nothing magic about Seed programming.  Faced with the same set of facts and no Seed training, I pretty certain you would have made those same discoveries about yourself without the seed, and your life would have been just a full and happy and propserous.  Maybe even more that it is. Of that I am convinced - otherwise you never could have made the connections in the first place.

It's time for people to give themselves so gosh darn credit for making it in this world instead of attributing their personal success or failiure to the proper or improper use of externally imposed rules and tools.  Come on, people.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
Well Stripe, in order to take that leap of faith that the seed was responsible for your sucesses, you first have to long term buy into the proposition that you were totally worthless and doomed before the seed, no matter that you were a fifteen year old adolescent or a 17 year old pot smoker, you must convince yourself that your path was certain destruction.

it is a crock for the vast majority of people.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 11:56:00 PM »
On 2005-01-07 13:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Oh no cause she's probably been locked up in a closet with cool aid and PB & J's for 30 years."

I'm serious. I know that some ppl involved w/ the Seed for a long time did sever all ties w/ their families. I know this because people have come to me before looking for ways to find or contact family members. Nothing I could do for them, of course. But now I wonder about that aspect of Seed life in the later years. Did everybody pretty much cut all ties w/ their families? Or only some?

so long as the priest, that professional negator, slanderer and poisoner of life, is regarded as a superior type of human being, there cannot be any answer to the question: What is truth?
--Freidrich Nietzsche, German philosopher

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 06:36:00 AM »
Anon, you said you stayed involved w/ The Seed for many years. Have you been in touch w/ your family the whole time?

Just curious.

Yes, I did stay in touch with my family the whole time.

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »
I cant belieive I've heard so much anger about the seed program. They saved my ass. 6 months ago when I started into this forum my anger was directed towards the seed but it was indeed from myself. I have somehow forgiven myself and I am grateful and appreciative towards the seed program, Art Barker and the seed staff.

I'm not going to argue your anti-seed rhetoric, help yourself to the resentments. I only know that my life was so incredibly pathetic before the seed and it was largely improved a few months later. You do the math. Duh!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »
saved your ass? and you are in rehab now?

:lol:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »
On 2005-01-08 08:09:00, Jimmy Cusick wrote:

"I cant belieive I've heard so much anger about the seed program. They saved my ass.

Really Jimmy?  Lets explore some of your own words on this website...

"I really bought into the brainwashing, I thought we were going to reach out and save the world. I stayed clean and sober for 5 years so that was a good thing but I continue to resent art barker for what he did to kids."

"Glad I found this, havent thought about the brainwashing in years"

"I remember eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and watered down cool-aid (1 cup)."

"he told us that we would save the world,(I believed him). Art was our higher power"

"I rememeber Suzy Conners telling me to stand up and the entire group ripped me a new ass for the whole afternoon and I had to start over in the front row. Someone had turned me in for being in a bad mood"

" As a seedling I thought we were the choosen ones and I looked down upon everybody else."

"I rememeber sitting on those hard chairs at the seed on Alligator Alley from 10:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night."

"I was never a drug addict, actually I just experimented with pot and L.S.D."

"I was never accepted for who I was, I had to be a phony and pretend to be all "bubbly" about the seed."

" I was successfully brainwashed for a few years and it took me a while to realize it was all about Art Barker becoming a wealthy Guru."

"What a mind-bending experience we all had."

"I remember singing lots of songs (some of them were "I love Art" or "We love Art") How Cultlike."

So Jimmy, is it your contention that as a 15 year old non addicted kid, you needed a brainwashing cult that only would give you a little food and watered down cool-aide and make you worship a guy that isolated you from the normal world and told you you were going to save the world?

Do you not find it a little strange that you went in non-addicted and now are fighting addiction 30 years later but yet keep repeating the Seed "saved your ass"?

These are legit questions here Jimmy..I am very interested in your answers.  Thanks.

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
well eggplant brain(anonymous that can't use a name) tell me what the seed has to do with what happens in your personal life 30 years after the fact. You have no clue what my life is about.

Gregg, that was an interesting list, the first thing I thought of were my days in the Marine Corps. I hated it with all my guts. Blood, sweat and tears(No pun intended). To this day I am proud to have been a jarhead. Imagine that.

Carry that over to my seed experience.

Of course the chairs were hard, security at the doors, Art was a megalo-maniac but the seed saved the pathetic ass of this 15 year old kid and I'm proud to have been a seedling.

The seed mirrors the corps in that they were both successful at their purpose. I survived both, that strenghened me to carry on the fight on a later day.

Day 54 but who's counting

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
Jimmy with all due respect you are using no logic at all.

You were not addicted before you went in. Yet you say it "saved" you.

You are now an "addict" after the seed.  what the hell were you "saved" from?

And the marine corps comparison doens't hold water.  The differences are HUGE.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
On 2005-01-08 10:02:00, Jimmy Cusick wrote:

"well eggplant brain(anonymous that can't use a name) tell me what the seed has to do with what happens in your personal life 30 years after the fact. You have no clue what my life is about.

The seed mirrors the corps in that they were both successful at their purpose.

Well, if the purpose was to convince you that you were, are and ever shall be worthless except by virtue of your status in the group and that anyone who questions that is worthy of disdain and abuse, the Program seems to be working beautifully for you.

But the fact remains that, just like my brother, who landed on front row at the age of 14 and w/o an addiction, you seem to be struggling to this day w/ both addiction and fidelity to the Program.

What has the seed got to do with what happens in your personal life 30 years after the fact?

I think it's a question of interest to virtually everyone who reads and posts here. Am I correct in assuming that you're currently invilved w/ XA style treatment? If so, do you think your involvement in The Seed 30 years ago has had anything to do w/ your choosing that particular type of treatment now?

I turned to speak to God, About the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there.
--Robert Frost, American poet

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
Jimmy, I have racked my brain trying to remember your face.  I was there when the seed opened in cleveland in 1975.  Of course I  was there before that too in Lauderdale. I definatly remember your name. Do you remember an extremely good looking guy blonde staff member? That was me.  just kidding I needed a little humor here myself ::bigsmilebounce:: now I'm a balding even past middle aged guy(now if I live to be a hundred I am middleaged)Jimmy I wish you well. By the way Antigen drives me nuts,( I may drive her nuts too) for some reason Greg I kinda like.  Wally Gator is a good friend.  I just wanted to say that.