Author Topic: The Common Denominator  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Common Denominator
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
Yes the truth can hurt...but not in this case...although you are killin me :grin:  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Common Denominator
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »
Do not let them bother you antigen. People are generally still intimidated by assertive, intelligent women. Keep up the good work. :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Common Denominator
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »
The above post may be true, but that still doesn't explain Antigen... :grin:

Offline rossmddn

• View Profile
the common denominator
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »
reply to guest and antigen.. guest.. knock it off! what antigen has to say is true and valid, even if i sometimes don't agree i think what you object to is a series of questions that pertain to YOUR orthodoxy.. rather than defending that orthodoxy either experientially or empirically, you resort to silly ad hominem attacks, which, i might add pollutes this particular environment.. whyn't ya go smoke a spleef.. my opinion you'd be a better person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Common Denominator
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 08:23:06 AM »
Thanks for your opinion.  I think your opinion is stupid and sucks :o

Offline rossmddn

• View Profile
the common denominator
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »
reply to anonymous guest.. re my opinion is stupid and sucks.. yeah buddy! such an urbane response! your reply is , to me, in my opinion entirely symptomatic of the general decline in the capacity for reason.
as a society, how far we have fallen! and to me you epitomize that  ! these programs damage people don't you 'get it'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Common Denominator
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »
Bump.

Quote from: "cleveland"
For the past few months, after learning a lot about my particular experience with The Seed, and then learning about other programs, past and present, from this site and others, I feel compelled to try to isolate the essence of this experience, what makes it so powerful, seductive, defendable, and potentially dangerous.

It seems that the first goal of all of these programs is to make the individual compliant and responsive to authority. The second goal, is to make 'the program' the most important thing in the individual's life. The third goal is to enshroud the entire process in secrecy, and to divide the world into those who 'get it,' and those who 'just don't get it.' The final goal is to try to get everyone else to 'get it.'

These four goals interact with one another. They reinforce each other.

Individually, they seem like good things. When a kid is 'out of control,' or an adult is 'in the throes of addition,' isn't it good to repect authority and to be compliant? And if the 'program' shows you the way, aren't you correct in being grateful? And aren't you right to reject or hold at arms length, all of those old friends 'out there' who dragged you down, or your fucked up family - even the 'outside world' itself, with all of it's problems? And isn't it right to be secretive, because remember the full light of 'the program' was only revealed to you in stages, before you yourself 'got it?' And now, being saved, being grateful, and having 'got it,' don't you wish everyone did - friends, family and coworkers, and woe to those who don't, poor fools.

But isn't this a strange little world you're in? No room for dissent, rational thought, freedom? Isn't it a bit like 1984 that you read when you were a rebellious teen, with its Big Brother and its Anti-Sex League, its Double Speak and its 'love' and brutality?

And even years later, after you've left the Mormon Church, of the Moonies, or Scientology, or the Seed, aren't you kind of embarrassed about how devoted you were? Isn't it really hard to explain to others, now that you've rejoined the world? And besides, weren't you responsible because of your own shameful problems, and didn't you need the help? Everyone needs a little help from time to time - perhaps the ends justifies the means, and what's so bad about a little old-fashioned discipline, or a little love, anyway.

Or maybe you're angry. Fuck them, assholes. I don't even want to think about it. I'm embarrassed to see my shining, happy blissed out face, on the front row or in the pew or in 'the rooms' or whatever. Fuck them, fuck you for asking.

I don't care if it's the Seed, AA, CEDU, Straight, KIDS, or behaviour mod boarding schools. And it's also not to deny that some programs are 'better' and some 'worse.' They all do the same things. That seems to be the routine, and why it's so hard for us to talk about it rationally today.