Author Topic: Seed/CEDU  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »
On 2004-12-31 10:11:00, GregFL wrote:

"Also Robin, I was PADLOCKED in my room at night and there was one window and a big doberman was under it. I was told he would kill me if I went out the window.

Well, I was there by my own admission, so maybe that was the reason to not lock me in. There was really no where for me to go - I WANTED to get my shit together...and did!

Greg, you strike me as someone that NEEDED lock down  :lol: (half kidding)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
bid you peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
Robin, I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but it seems that you feel these kids deserved the unethical, harmful, and dangerous practices of unsafe lockdowns, abusive all day raps, and other coercive "therapies" that really don't teach kids to deal with the real world.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
On 2005-01-01 13:03:00, Robin Martin wrote:

"

Greg, you strike me as someone that NEEDED lock down  :lol: (half kidding)
"

Well, I was a forteen year old pre pubescent kid from a broken family that had smoked some pot and experimented with some drugs. I had also skipped school and otherwise been a bad boy.

Half serious here, Locking a kid up for behavorial issues is really frightening, but advocating said practice is truly scary.

By popular demand...the link to BINGO.  Bingo was written by a writer connected to ELan, another synanon treatment facility...This is a synopsis of the Seed treatment modality....

http://fornits.com/anonanon/video/bingo.ram

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Well, I was in LIFE and we had no locked doors.  Oldcomers sitting next to doors? Yes.  Oldcomers sleeping in front of bedroom doors overnight? Yes.

Does anyone want to be forced to LOOK at their nasty attitude or poor choices/behaviors? No.

If some of these other programs permitted actual ABUSE, then people have a right to be upset.  But, don't lump them ALL together.  They may have had similarities, or the same steps, etc... but not all were "military" style, like I understand STRAIGHT was.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
On 2005-01-01 18:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone want to be forced to LOOK at their nasty attitude or poor choices/behaviors? No

Least of all people who's attitudes and behaviors/choices were relatively good to begin with. But that's not allowed! If your parents brought you (signed a check), then you must have deserved it. And it's only a matter of time till they wear you down and get you to get honest[sic] about it.

Not all abuse is physical. LIFE and Straight were nearly identical. The only reason you didn't have locks on the doors (for awhile) was because HRS had recently made an issue of it w/ Straight. Ask anyone recently out of Growing Together about the locked doors.

Under the benign influence of our republican institutions, and the maintenance of peace with all nations whilst so many of them were engaged in bloody and wasteful wars, the fruits of a just policy were enjoyed in an unrivaled growth of our faculties and resources.
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sergeman/foundingdocs/inaugural/madison1stinaug.html' target='_new'>James Madison

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
"Does anyone want to be forced to LOOK at their nasty attitude or poor choices/behaviors? No"

My issue with these programs is that the raps and other "tools" are totally demeaning, and verbally and psychologically abusive.  They are NOT about learning critical thinking skills, developing YOUR own core values, or making better choices. The opposite. You develop the program mentality and don't learn ethics and choices on an authentic level.

I have no problem with direct communication or natural consequences, but verbally abusive, exploitive "therapy" where you don't even own your own story is bullshit.

Rap sessions and open meetings were nothing more than bully pulpits and competitions for best drama, where half truths and lies become the truth, and truths became a lie.
hanlea

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »
Damn Greg, Watching Bingo the clown play was alot like a really bad L.S.D. trip

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »
On 2005-01-02 05:58:00, Jimmy Cusick wrote:

"Damn Greg, Watching Bingo the clown play was alot like a really bad L.S.D. trip"

Or a really good "rap".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
On 2005-01-01 22:00:00, shanlea wrote:

""Does anyone want to be forced to LOOK at their nasty attitude or poor choices/behaviors? No"

My issue with these programs is that the raps and other "tools" are totally demeaning, and verbally and psychologically abusive.  They are NOT about learning critical thinking skills, developing YOUR own core values, or making better choices. The opposite. You develop the program mentality and don't learn ethics and choices on an authentic level.

I have no problem with direct communication or natural consequences, but verbally abusive, exploitive "therapy" where you don't even own your own story is bullshit.

Rap sessions and open meetings were nothing more than bully pulpits and competitions for best drama, where half truths and lies become the truth, and truths became a lie. "

Man you nailed that one. That is anything but theraputic, those open meetings where you have to publically confess using almost a script in order to gain freedom from humiliation and to "earn" the right to go home to your family.

Therapy?

hardly.

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
On 2005-01-01 13:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Robin, I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but it seems that you feel these kids deserved the unethical, harmful, and dangerous practices of unsafe lockdowns, abusive all day raps, and other coercive "therapies" that really don't teach kids to deal with the real world.  "

You are absolutely correct in saying those kids DID NOT deserve the abuse they received. I have witnessed other programs which sucessfully teaches kids to deal with the real world and the Seed fell very short in preparing us for our future - we had to learn that on our own.
bid you peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005, 02:26:00 AM »
No one deserved the reckless treatment that went on and there was nothing remotely "real world" being taught or passed along in any way.I too was kept behind a "padlocked" door, which was only the beginning of what now seems like some bizarre and ugly bad dream. That aweful Morgan Yacht building....I cringed at even going to the Tyrone area for years! There was clearly nothing good that came of that experience. When fortunately, my parents, after being parted with their cash, pulled me out, that then started but another mess with me "leaving" The Seed, going back to Lakewood was terrible. I have nothing but contempt for any and all that were involved and benefited from The Seed.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »
WELCOME ANON!

Yes, Lakewood was terrible. It was like some Orweilian spy camp. Literally hundreds of seed kids and ex seed kids were there and everyone else...the "druggies" the teachers, the black kids, the "jocks"...everyone thought we were weird and robotized.

Anon, please tell us a story about when you were there, and please choose a username.

No doubt you and I know each other...I would love to talk to you. Email me at [email protected] and let me know who you are.

We look forward to your participation here.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Seed/CEDU
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »
On 2005-01-02 13:30:00, Robin Martin wrote:

"

On 2005-01-01 13:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Robin, I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but it seems that you feel these kids deserved the unethical, harmful, and dangerous practices of unsafe lockdowns, abusive all day raps, and other coercive "therapies" that really don't teach kids to deal with the real world.  "

You are absolutely correct in saying those kids DID NOT deserve the abuse they received. I have witnessed other programs which sucessfully teaches kids to deal with the real world and the Seed fell very short in preparing us for our future - we had to learn that on our own.
"

Thanks for getting that Robin...