Author Topic: Where are all the St Pete Seed peeps??  (Read 10110 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Where are all the St Pete Seed peeps??
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
Ok, I've got the page displaying reasonably well. Don't know if I did a good job or not. I tried to guess what you were quoting and what you were saying yourself.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
--Philosopher, Blaise Pascal

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
hehe

I took a stab at it also, correcting some of what I think maybe you missed Ging.

Robin...whew!

:grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »
Boy that name sounds familiar, I think back and it amazes me how many people, sweet, warm, funny, honest, grateful real people that I did know! But so many only by their first names!!! In some respects that made it so hard to connect with people after I graduated the program.  Speaking of pictures I have quite a few pictures of a number of Oltimer parties, Birthdays, Anniversaries & the like. Dare I post some of these? I know I don't look much like that young blond haired teen with the avaitor glasses anymore, boy were we young or what!!! Does anyone know what happened to Max H... or Ken...(sp) or Dana ...., At what time they all lived in an apartment right accross the street from Bayfront Medical (hospital) but the last time I came to town I think the house had been torn down & it was a medical office. I have alot of warm memories of those times and alot of gratitude for a program that in all likehood saved my life at that time (with no exageration) I know I was one of those "at risk" kids with an extreme personality trait and based on the experimentation that I had done by the time I was 15 I very well may not have made it into my 20's. After all the initial "crap" I felt when I first went into the program I very distinctly remember feeling relieved.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
1974-5. :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
I am one of the other 2 folks from St. Pete Catholic after Chris, Dave and Maggie, 74-75.  The only other one was a gal named Cynthia and she and spent many months together on the front row.  It was a small high school and amazingly there were only 5 of us.  Never went back though after I finished with the program, ended graduating from Dixie.  

Hey Chris how you doing?   Good to see you again.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
Wow, you should have been in lakewood. In 73, there was several HUNDRED seedlings. You couldn't take a shit without someone telling staff or your parents.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
by the way, WELCOME to the forum!

Maybe you remember me?

Email me at [email protected] and lets see if we remember each other.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 02:57:00 AM »
HI Anaon -
Hey I just saw the follow up post, I am So sorry I did not remember the other folks!! Send me an e-mail at [email protected] & will catch you up on the last 25 years of the amazing going-ons in my life... Have we already talked/ e-mailed /chatted? If so, I remember & I owe you another longer note, Take care !

Chris

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »
I traveled w/ several close friends and a few acquaintances during the years I was involved in the Seed and would love to hear from anyone who knew me.

After graduation, I lived w/ four other girls; Julie B (I know she got married to Jeff B), Mary C (I worked w/ her dad at a '5 & Dime' store in St Pete), Rheda (sp) and Jane(?).  We hung out w/ the guys in the St Pete house; brothers Bob and Mike R, Dan H (who is no longer w/ us), Ken H, Dana D, Doug S, and others I can't seem to place at the moment.

I remember those times sitting on the 'guys' St Pete house roof, watching the cops run the red lights and stop signs and thinking what a bunch of trite hypocrites they were. I also remember contemplating our existence.  Remember the movies "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" and
"Siddhartha"? Those were the movies at the time.  Made ALL OF US wonder...and question.

We were growing up and - as adolescense gives way to adulthood - showed interest in a cult of a different color; "The Holy Order of Mans",  conveniently located not far from the 'guys' house. Well, as we went about exploring our adulthood, the interest in that cult diminished and we all moved on.  

I remained in contact w/ a few for a while (gave my cat, Sunny, to Dana when I moved to CA) and lost touch w/ others.  I was probably considered an outcast because I had *GASP* a relationship that did not receive the Seeds' blessings.  Nor did I continue to hang around - I needed to explore what I had missed (during my drug use and time served at the Seed). I was growing up and needed to make my own decisions w/o help of the Seed or others.  I felt guilty at first, but not for long.  I stumbled and grew as any other human being might encounter while growing up.

And, to tell you the truth, it hasn't been that bad...I stagger onward, rejoicing!!  It's all good.

Let me hear from you!!
bid you peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
"I lived w/ four other girls; Julie B (I know she got married to Jeff B), Mary C (I worked w/ her dad at a '5 & Dime' store in St Pete), Rheda (sp) and Jane(?). We hung out w/ the guys in the St Pete house; brothers Bob and Mike R, Dan H (who is no longer w/ us), Ken H, Dana D, Doug S, and others I can't seem to place at the moment. "

"We were growing up and - as adolescense gives way to adulthood - showed interest in a cult of a different color; "The Holy Order of Mans", conveniently located not far from the 'guys' house."

That was the same group of guys I hung with too, I remember Mary C, & I have recently been in touch with Julie B, she is on the Bogie web site. I dropped her an e-mail note an dammned if she remembered who I was! I remember around that time the Van Ausdale(sp) sisters were hanging out & I think one was dating one of the guys in the house. That "cult" was the "Church of the Living God" and I attended a few of the meetings with Dana & Ken. Heavy into "spirituality" and "auras" and "astral planes" as I recall. It was all just the positive energy that surrounded all of us at the time. Dan Hubbel I had not thought of that in years, what a trajedy! At the time I was dating Jan M...... who was getting "tutored" (she was a senior)in school by Ken H..... I used to go shooting with Doug S.... & Chris P.... we were all into guns at the time. I remember Dana D... dated a girl named Karen .... they were very serious for a while. The movie I seem to remember at the time that all the Seed kids were fruit about was "Billy Jack" because of the group- school setting & the supposed paralells to the program, & of course the "fantasy" of having some karate-man who could kick the townie / druggees asses defending us "seedlings"!!!

Sounds like our tracks were similar never moved back to St Pete but visited family several times a year. In July I have a 30 year high school reunion that I am going to & I have been in contact with a few people to visit with while I am there. Do you remember a Max H.... he was into photography & liked to smoke a pipe (I think he thought it made him look "mature")and there was a guy named "Hap" (I think a nick-name) big tall good looking guy who drove a truck and there was a  Jenny B... who was a graduate she had a brother who was a court-order but stayed such a hard-ass they booted him out of the program. They lived out on Madeira beach area. Your right it was great times to be straight & sober and to be "growing up". I see alot of the things that my kids are having to contend with and I can't help feeling that I was really lucky in many ways. Great "Shout Out" right back at you!! Love you guys!
Chris Lewis
seed 74-75
AA 91 -

Offline shellygillette

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »
I have been reading at this site for a couple of years, I don't know Greg but went to school with his lovely sister Frieda at Lakewood and my brother and Iwere Seedlings in 74.  I was there for about 8 months because Arthur was constantly on my case and I was terrified of being started over.  Anyone know what happened to him?  He was a scary MF. My brother and I are fine, successful people (as we were before going to the Seed). Thanks for keeping up the site, I lost almost a year of my life and have blocked out alot of it but you are keeping it real...lot's of love

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »
Does anyone remember a girl from St. Pete named Bridgette (sp?)? I met her while she was in Ft Lauderdale, had to be spring or early summer of 1973 because I remember making her acquaintance when we sitting back a few rows. She was from somewhere around the St Pete area  - she referred to it is as "the home of the newly wed and nearly dead."

I think she had dark brown curly hair and freckles, lots of freckles. Real nice girl.  Besides my hometown seed friends, she is probably the only person whose name and face I can recall.  Just wondered what happened to her.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
On 2005-06-17 17:51:00, Stripe wrote:

"Does anyone remember a girl from St. Pete named Bridgette (sp?)? I met her while she was in Ft Lauderdale, had to be spring or early summer of 1973 because I remember making her acquaintance when we sitting back a few rows. She was from somewhere around the St Pete area  - she referred to it is as "the home of the newly wed and nearly dead."

Hey Stripe - thank you for posting the pics and articles in the other forum!  My oldcomer's name was Bridget and seems to fit your profile.  She was a true "southern girl" and a beautiful person. Are you saying she started the program in Ft.L?  I know she worked the program and graduated from St. Pete.  If she's one and the same, she married (a non-seedling) shortly after graduation and I hear, is still happily married to the same guy...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
She was from somewhere around the St Pete area  - she referred to it is as "the home of the newly wed and nearly dead."

Actually, we referred to the ENTIRE state of Florida as "the home of the newly wed and nearly dead" since I moved there in 1969 :lol:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »
On 2005-06-17 16:16:00, shellygillette wrote:

"I have been reading at this site for a couple of years, I don't know Greg but went to school with his lovely sister Frieda at Lakewood and my brother and Iwere Seedlings in 74.  I was there for about 8 months because Arthur was constantly on my case and I was terrified of being started over.  Anyone know what happened to him?  He was a scary MF. My brother and I are fine, successful people (as we were before going to the Seed). Thanks for keeping up the site, I lost almost a year of my life and have blocked out alot of it but you are keeping it real...lot's of love
"

Well Shelly, I certainly remember you! Welcome to the forum.  You were blonde and cute and about 2 years older than me.

Email me if you are interested in news on my sister, or PM me.

Shelly, Tell us a story you remember about the St Pete Seed. Remember the table in the cafeteria we all sat at...?

Damn, good to here from you.