Author Topic: Happy Holidays  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« on: December 16, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »
I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday yes even Antigen.  Jimmy I hope this is a good one for you.  Robin you are a sweetheart. Wally Gator -your the best. RJF22 see you next month.
Justo you too are the best.  I did not want to turn this into romper room.  Oh my god - How could I almost forget Greg. The person I never would have thought I would ever like- Greg  :nworthy: Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »
Ft. Lauderdale, as we used to say, you have a big heart. And that's still true!

[ This Message was edited by: cleveland on 2004-12-16 13:26 ]
ally Gator

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »
Same to all here. Thanks to everyone for their participation. I wish everyone happiness and understanding.

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »
Let's see - Ft Lauderale, thank you for the kind words.  Finding this forum and the many willing participants has been a trip - both publicly and privately.  I really have enjoyed the many ?rants and raves? you folks have shared with me?thanks much!

To Greg & Antigen,

Thank you for your dedication, blood, sweat and tears for providing and maintaining this site for us. I couldn't have done it without you!!

?God bless us - everyone!?
bid you peace!

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »
Good Lord, its 6:30 in the morning , I found myself sitting on the couch staring at the christmas tree singing jingle belle's thinking about the seed. What has my life come to ?  Just kidding, all is well. My wife still loves me, my children are healthy, I'm clean and sober 31 days. It doesnt get any better. As Robin said thank you for this forum.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!!

Peace and Love,
Jimmy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
Hey Jimmy,

I think the best way to say this is with the words of the late Bob Marley, ? Don?t worry about a thing cause every little thing is going to be all right.?

As to everyone else in this forum that have helped me so much in putting so many things into there proper place I thank you with all my heart. For so long I thought I was the only one with these thoughts and feelings about my past years.

?May God bless us; everyone.?

CCGAR61

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Happy Holidays
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
And a very merry Christmas to all ya'll too.

Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will [America's] heart, her benedictions and her prayers be. But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.

--John Quincy Adams, Speech to the U.S. House of Representatives [July 4, 1821]

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »
:wave:  :wave:  :wave:
Happy Holidays to All !!!!
I am forever grateful for this forum as well

Thank you Greg and Antigen

And to all who bring back my fading memory.

Lot's of Love,
                          Richard

And a Happy New Year !
Despite Bush being in the White House

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »
Just coming on board...found this site the other day after waking up in the middle of the night and thinking about 32 years ago and the seed. Why I don't know, but I have been reading the discussions and it has brought back many memories. Some good some not.
I just turned 13 ...Jan 15 1973 when my parents put me in the seed...I smoked pot and drank alittle. Another mother told my mother and so on soon the whole block I lived on was in the seed...some kids stayed some parents pulled their kids out. I was at the Ft Lauderdale 84 building...I remember the St Pete, Ft Pierce, Ft Myers locations and visiting all of them at some time or another.
In some ways yes the seed helped me but in other ways years after I graduated I ended up doing other drugs because of the fascination of hearing so many stories of others getting high with speed and qualudes that I wanted to experience that too.It didn't last long because I got married at 19 and ended up marrying an alcoholic for 10 years.
I am 45 years old and I do drink socially and have never felt guilty about it but if someone offered me a joint the guilt kicks in and no matter what I can not do it. Yes I guess in some ways I am still programmed. Weird but never thought of it that way...
I do think of the kids I met along the way and wonder what may have happened to them. The staff members I recall all were on a power trip and had major egos. More of the women then the men...
Anyway thanks for this forum...it may help me understand why I have done some of the things in my life good and bad.
Merry Christmas to you all ...

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »
welcome fran!

I usually ask new people to tell us a story you remember about your time in the seed.

We appreciate your participation here.

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »
I remember the day my parents signed me in. I had no idea what to expect. I remember being stripped searched...thank God they let me leave my bra and panties on because at 13 you have hang ups as it is. But that freaked me out...I remember my father not being very confident in leaving me there but my mother was for it.
I remember the girl I had to stay with and she showing me pictures of her boyfriend who happened to also be in the seed. She was cool because at least she gave me cigarettes to smoke since my parents took them away from me too when they signed me in.
I remember saving the butts from others passing them down the row because you weren't allowed to bum cigs from anyone. I remember some of the songs...Jingle Bells, Zippity do da, The Seed song. Holding hands singing, saying the Lords prayer at the end of the meeting, screaming I LOVE YOU to people you didn't even know. Eating bologna sandwiches so much that to this day I will not eat bologna. The Guys...The Chicks..having to wear a bra heck I didn't need to wear a bra at that age anyway!!..I still have every damn moral inventory I wrote for Gosh sakes!! Why do I keep them for??
Libby the bitch...Suzie Connors the bitchier, John Underwood, Cliff, Pete ( I think he was the oldest member there at 28...1973)Claudia giving me a shag haircut!!! Art and Shelly...singing at the Orange Bowl...being able to go home finally...then back to school and being pushed around  physically and mentally abused by the DRUGGIES!!! "I don't want to talk to you" ARRRRGGGGG....Having the oldcomers in school " come down on you "lunch sessions that I dreaded having to go to lunch.
Did the seed help me? Yes and no...I went from one peer pressure to another type. Scared to death to say what I really felt. But when I finally stopped going after 2 years I had a freedom that I can't describe. Yes it curtailed my drug experience a few years but at 17 began drinking again...and doing more drugs then I did when I went into the seed. Did the seed save my life? would I have ended up in jail? these are the things I remember being drilled into me.
I do remember some kids getting yelled at and beaten down mentally...I said what they wanted me to say and did what I had to do to graduate the program. As in the game Survivor...I flew under the radar...I played the game!![ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2004-12-21 07:58 ]

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »
With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world today, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93.  The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.  They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »
Fran,

I hope you get as much out of this forum as I have. It's helped me to think about the part of my life that I spent at the Seed, and about everything that I've been through after. Welcome!
ally Gator

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 10:36:00 PM »
Wally Gator,

Thank you for your welcome!! I never knew there was a seed program in Cleveland till I read about it here in the forum. Funny...I lived in Florida for 34 years and just recently moved to Ohio about 1 hour from cleveland. Anyway I have to say that having a place to vent to ...since no one not even my husband can understand what I went thru at 13 being in a drug rehab (a mind control cult?) Yikes!!...will be refreshing and may help me in the long run.

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 01:11:00 AM »
On 2004-12-21 09:51:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"  With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world today, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93.  The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.  They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started."

Ft Lauderdale...You are too funny!!!  I loved it!!! Sorry to see Mr. La Prise pass on, but I guess this is the Obit his family wanted us to see.  C'mon Seedlings, let's do the Hokey Pokey one last time for the ole' man   :nworthy: whadyasay???

On a different note...Welcome Fran :wave:   Please feel free to speak your mind here - we may all not agree, but it's a great forum to tell us what you really think!  Enjoy this forum and enjoy your holidays!
bid you peace!