Author Topic: Anybody remember the Rules?  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anybody remember the Rules?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
Kinda cared for him?

Poor puppy....

:lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »
Nooo... Kinda was a girls name.   :rofl:

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 12:13:00 AM »
On 2004-12-16 09:37:00, cleveland wrote:

""For the first three days you take the cotton out of your ears and you put it in your mouth (yuck). This means that for the first three days, you just listen. All of us were so full of shit before, that it's really important that we just listen to people. After the three days are over, you should be ready to be honest and participate."

'nuf said' :nworthy:  :nworthy:
bid you peace!

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
Robin, the only problem was, I kept that cotton stuffed into my brain for the next seven years.
ally Gator

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »
Robin, What part of CA do you live in?  I,m going to LA - West Hollywood mid January- I'm going to see RJF22 if you would like to have dinner or lunch, let me know.  We'll have a good ole time.  (We can talk about Antigen & Greg behind their back- just kidding)

"no talking about anyone behind their backs-this is a mean and vicious game we used to play before we came in and it doesn't go on here."[ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2004-12-17 10:06 ]

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
On 2004-12-17 10:02:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"Robin, What part of CA do you live in?  I,m going to LA - West Hollywood mid January- I'm going to see RJF22 if you would like to have dinner or lunch, let me know.  We'll have a good ole time.  (We can talk about Antigen & Greg behind their back- just kidding)

Hey, I would like that!  e/m me at [email protected] and we'll talk, OK?
bid you peace!

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
I used to love to be picked to go sit on the front gate, especially on the weekend. Even sitting in the sun in the middle of a south florida summer was preferable to the raps. Sometimes staff would leave us there for severl hours. I remember lightning crashing really close & making our hair stand up. Running frantically to open the gate when art's limo showed up lest he have to wait for an extra 10 seconds.

We usually found novel ways to entertain ourselves while out there. A friend and I made up a story of a fictional 'anti-seed' with their own songs, steps, rules, etc. I called it "The Greed". Dishonesty was the first rule. 'The greed indeed is all u need to stay ON the pot & the pills and the weed'. The founders were 'Fart Parker & his wife Smelly'. It was a way of subtley rebelling while hiding behind a safe veneer of it being humor.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ican'tTalktoYou

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
The founders were 'Fart Parker & his wife Smelly.

That's too funny.  I would have been too scared to talk to anyone at the seed like that.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
they used to make me bathroom monitor.

"what is your name"

"will that be 1, 2 or 3""  (meaning piss shit or both). I still often why we kept written records of peoples bowel movements. I am pretty sure why the kept refusing the first and second request to go to the bathroom tho, it dovetails in with cultic mind control, to control everything including the bodily functions, to let you know they even control that...

I absolutely loved sitting next to the shitter with my little clipboard because I never got called on over there.

Smelling shit was way prefereable to talking it.... :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
Don't know if anyone is still reading this posting.  I'm a "newcomer" to this.  I had to laugh when I read all of this, it brings back memories.  I was telling my 16 year old daughter about my time at The Seed - searched it on the internet and came up with this.  I was in the St. Pete seed during the summer of 1974.  Yes, I remember some of the rules.

No Old Druggie Friends or Old Druggie Hang Outs.

Does anyone remember doing their "Moral Inventory"?  

I also remember having the dubious honor of being selected as bathroom cleaner of the girl's bathroom.  There were only 2 stalls and they were so overused that one stall was designated for #2 and could be flushed after each use.  The other stall was only for #1 and would only be flushed after about 10 pees.  Oh my God how disgusting!  I was just happy to get out of the rap sessions so this seemed like such a big honor.  

Does anyone remember eating partially frozen egg salad sandwiches?

Oh yeah, that was another rule.  If you took the food you had to eat it all no matter how disgusting, because we all heard the friggin sob stories about Art starting his program on a boat in Ft. lauderdale and how they had nothing to eat..yadda, yadda...I think I gained about 10 pounds and got zits all over my face after a summer spent at the seed.

Terri

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 05:37:00 AM »
Shit turkey's, I still go by some of those rules. Not the step shit, but the rules were meant to keep you're asses out of trouble. Not in a cult now...........but the tools and guidelines are there and also the raps.............I never hardly said shit to anybody. All I had to do was pay attention. :smokin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »
Welcome Terri!

I was there until about 2/04 and graduated. Seldom went back after that but you may know my sister. She was in until about 6/04.

What school did you go to?

Offline Ican'tTalktoYou

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »
Hello Terri and welcome.

I was in Ft. Lauderdale in '73.  I also recently found this forum.  Trip huh?

There is a post in here somewhere where someone copied their moral inventories.  It gave me the cold sweats!

I lost weight at the seed.  The food was disgusting and I never had enough to drink.  What fond memories.......

You should take the time to read all the posts.  You will be surprised at the memories it will jog.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »
hey ICan't talk to you,

Are you really from Jupiter, as Jupiter, FL?  
I was in FtL from 3/73 and involed through maybe mid-74.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
I live in Jupiter now.  I grew up in Jacksonville.

I don't remember exactly when I was in the FtL seed,  only that it began sometime in 73.  After I finally went home to Jax, I got sent back again.  Maybe in 75.  I'm not really sure.

I've done a lot of memory blocking from that period of my life.  Reading all of these posts has made me remember quite a bit.

Do you live here now?