Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams
« on: September 11, 2002, 05:35:00 PM »
The other night I dreamed that I was in the Seed again. I knew it was all wrong, but everyone else was going along with it. The staff members brought me books and newspapers to try to prove to me that it was different from the old seed. In the evening the people who ran the place locked us in a large, messy house. I tried to convince a few others to run away with me. Everyone else was too afraid and said they wanted to hang in to see if things got better. I went to the window and looked out. I saw an old man with a key ring walking away. I yelled to him that what he was doing was wrong, horrible, etc. He turned to me and yelled that he had bills to pay.
I have had many variations of this dream. some have been pretty violent. This one had a more pro-active, victorious theme.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 09:14:00 PM »
I still have the occasional seed dream. The most recent one was that I went to a building in the forest, some kind of weekend retreat run by the Forestry dept> The whole thing was run on the techniques of the seed, but no one understood this and all the coercion was gone. People were motivating and then getting up and drinking cofee and milling about. I was laughing and trying to explain where it came from to people, but no one "got it".
But me.

Offline pigeon

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
When I was in the seed I would occassionally have dreams about doing drugs. Since I hadn't really done drugs before I was put in the program, the dreams were about drugs I knew little about.  Once I drempt I took speed from a toothpaste tube and I still felt guilty in the morning.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »
I've had lots of seed nightmares over the years too. The worst one was the night several months ago when I first discovered this forum. Reading all the posts here caused nightmares about seed and seed staff all night long. I woke up exhausted and shaken. Brought back bad memories I suppose.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »
I hear you there. It is very common when an adult survivors of any of these Seed based programs finds these sites.

AFter all those years, sometimes it is like opening old wounds.  But we can as a group of people sharing a common childhood experience, try to make this positive and grow from it, not wallow in the unforunate reality of what happened to us as kids.  I have seen others that do that on other sites and it is so counterproductive.  When the SDF is compared to other survivor sites like Elan and Straight, I am proud that we older Seed attendees seem to be able to put in in prospective and behind us a little better. That being said, I still have the odd bad dream about what happened and still here something within my family from time to time that causes me to bite my lip or get into a minor disagreement with someone.

Hooray for us.

gregfl

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »
Strange dream last night.

A whole bunch of us ex seedlings went to the seed to "talk" to Art barker,like 100 of us, and it was at his invitation. The seed was a huge modern complex in Ft Lauderdale and art was old but coherent. He set himself up at the front at a table with Suzy and Cliff and kept glaring at me. I introduced myself and he shook my hand but he said He knew of my website. I could tell he was pissed and his anger was directed at me but he was holding it back. I made a couple of comments out loud that made the group laugh and he kind of bit his lip. We were going to talk the whole mess out, the whole group of us and be able to ask him any question we wanted.

Next, as the meeting got under way,Ilooked and to my horror we had been sat in old group style, girls on one side, boys on the other with an isle down the middle. Art immediately took control and started asking questions like he used to. How many of you are junkies? How many of you shot up after graduating?  As people started  responding, it became apparant that Art only invited us so he could do some research on his former seedlings. As this knowledge went thru the group of us, we became outraged and  stormed the table him and his staffers were at.  The police came and the group dispersed. As I was leaving the building I cut thru a room where Group was taking place and the group leader was a clown. Then we all ended up into the street and Art approached me in the street and he very caring like tried to talk me into coming with him so he and Cliff could explain to me where the synanon techniques came from. I was about to go with him then I saw a gun in his pocket. Just then a police car pulled up and he scowled at me and said something (can't remember)and walked away. I got in my car and drove past the seed, it was now an rambling  sprawling complex along the old sr84 (no longer there in real life)  shielded by trees with many small old buildings with signs along the road Like "the seed" ,"Get help here", etc(one of them said Peabody winner-thanks whoever posted that!) and all the signs were vandalized with spray paint saying things like "warning, keep your kids out" "danger this is a cult" "don't believe the lies"  "the seed sucks", etc. I drove by real slow looking in,and then drove back to my house in north central florida.

The end.

Okay, I admit it, it is really weird. I thought I would write it down before I forgot it and share it with the only people in the entire world that might appreciate it, if only for a laugh.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-03-05 07:32 ]

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
It's the Almighty Gawwwwd reachin' out to ya in your dreams. :grin:

Every now and then I have Straight dreams.  Obviously I hate the bad ones, but occassionally I get revenge and then I know it's gonna be a great day when I wake up from one of those.

I think animal testing is a terrible idea;  they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.    
-- A Bit of Fry and Laurie

[ This Message was edited by: cayohueso on 2004-03-05 07:30 ]
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dreams
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

...and the group leader was a clown.
--GregFL

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2004-03-07 06:53 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dreams
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
On 2004-03-07 06:50:00, Antigen wrote:

"

...and the group leader was a clown.

yeah, blame that one on our good friends at Elan......BINGO!