Author Topic: NEED HELP!  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NEED HELP!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »
I am an ex staff. I emailed Todd Reed and he responded, inviting me to be of assistance. I emailed him back, asking what legal protections I would have. HE NEVER RESPONDED!!!!! Not one word. I would be helping HIM - and he couldn't assure me I was protected?!?!?! FORGET IT. Find someone else.

On 2004-11-03 15:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i would hope this lawyer everyone is talking about is not todd reed at sandpoint legal.  he tells people hes won a ton of cases, but ask any client who has used him and im sure you will all get the same advise as me not to use him.  His winning several cases was actually one, and there was a different lawyer in his firm in charge of the case.  He makes promises and misses deadlines.  within 4 weeks of leaving a suit with him some time ago, i had a new lawyer and a settlement."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NEED HELP!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »
My buddy met a lawyer at a party recently recently.

After learning what the guy did my friend took a long snog of whiskey and asked him "I don't know if you can help me, but...how do i go about suing my lawyer?"

Offline mad

• View Profile
NEED HELP!
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 07:26:45 AM »
Hi Folks,

Some thoughts...To clarify, (for those who may not know) there is no Cedu to sue anymore.  Even though the properties have been purchased and some semblance of the programs restarted, Universal Health Services (the company that owns at least one of the Idaho schools) is NOT liable.  Individuals can still be held personally responsible though, and since most were not eligible for malpractice insurance at the time in which they worked at Cedu, they would need to cover the cost of their defense.  I do not know the statute of limitations in all states (it is state to state) nor do I know whether the limitation is based on the state in which abuse occurred or in the state in which the suit is filed.  In Massachusetts (when abuse occurred here and when the suit is filed here) the statute of limitation for some forms of abuse is 20 years.

Lastly, suing for malpractice is incredibly difficult -- even if contracts exist.  I recently had a client involved in a lawsuit in which his counsel seemed clearly negligent and frankly bad.  Even given public and well documents "bad lawyering" the legal advice we received is "so what?"  Getting another hearing with new counsel was easy but actually trying to penalize the first attorney was incredibly expensive; no other attorney we spoke with could find a reason to take the case (no money in it and the malpractice was not clear cut); and it didn't address the reason for the suit in the first place.

Best, M
n the road of experience...