Author Topic: UP WITH PEOPLE........  (Read 1311 times)

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
UP WITH PEOPLE........
« on: September 04, 2002, 11:17:00 AM »
Does anyone from the St. Pete program remember when UP WITH PEOPLE came to sing and dance for us?   I remember that it was a good break from the mind rape that we went thru on a daily basis.   I remember Wanda Minton telling us how "FOS" they were cause the kids were "playing games" and flirting w/each other before they came out to sing.  Wanda could find fault in any and everything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
UP WITH PEOPLE........
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 09:58:00 AM »
Hmm.. you gotta wonder if those people belonged in Straight.. lol.
But seriously, it sounds like a bunch of different religion mixed in together forming their theorys. Sounds like a load of garbage and they formed their own religion or "cult", but then again so did Straight, I wonder if they gave any money to Straight to help "nuture our brains" in a twisted form.
usan Minns

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
UP WITH PEOPLE........
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 11:06:00 PM »
This sounds familiar....but Wanda thought EVERYONE was FOS......
Maybe they stuck me in an intake room so as to deny me the pleasure of (ACKKK) an Up with fake phony quasi-religious idiots without even the boobs of britnay spears show.  Maybe that was the night Pierce K and Clark the muscle dork decided to have me sat on untill I coughed blood.
Hmm, that was when Nancy Regan came. Anyway, I am sure it didnt beat Van Halen at the old Bayfont center......
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
UP WITH PEOPLE........
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 09:45:00 AM »
lol.. sounds like they didn't want you participating in something festive (if you would consider it a festive occassion)
In my opinion, anything but rap session was a festive occassion and certainly required celebration from having your ass chewed out. When I was there I remember watching 3 movies and they would have one at least once every 2 months or so.
Halloween the host parents came and gave out candy, of course the oldcomers had to inspect it afterwards.. why? didn't they trust thier own host parents? strange.
I think the worst punishment that I myself recieved was my intake since I was only there for 6 months there I just wanted to do my "time" and leave and not get into trouble.
My intake was 10 hours long in that little room with 4 chairs, white walls and nasty carpeting.. ugh.
I tried running my 1st hour there, it took 5 people on the guys side to hold me down. I was physically strong at the time, and nearly escaped.. lol
The worst group punishment was sitting up completely straight and staring at the wall for an hour, we couldn't allow our eyes to shift and staff was watching ALL of us pacing up and down making sure we didn't do anything bad.
I still think my back is screwed up from having hands being shoved down my back and making me sit in a completely uncomfortable position for hours.
usan Minns