Author Topic: Criteria for Staff Personality Disorder  (Read 829 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Criteria for Staff Personality Disorder
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
Very interesting stuff.  Explains quite a few nutjobs I had to suffer under.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
Reminds me of a ton of the people I dealt with while trapped in the public school syndrome... buh.

Ok, so can we get them locked up drugged up and shut up? lol.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another; shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
Prevalence

The prevalence of Staff Personality Disorder is estimated to be about 5% of the general population, about 80% among individuals who work in outpatient settings, about 95% among individuals who work in inpatient settings and other total institutions, and about 20% among inpatients and other people who experience prolonged abuse at the hands of people with Staff Personality Disorder.

Sounds about right...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
This sounds so familiar...  Sometimes at my job, it's easy agitate or instigate shit with patients and their families.  

Not that I am out looking to do so.  

I always reasoned that the patients I work with are adults (not on psychiatric unit), and I expect them to behave as such.  

But I do need to check myself, and consciously make sure that I am not treating my patients in the same manner I was treated at Provo Canyon.  
(though some big differences are that I am a registered nurse and have professional training, and am more prepared to provide theraputic care to patients, vs. those idiots employed at Provo Canyon, whom lack college degrees and are not liscensed nor qualified in any way.  Also, my patients are adults, not at-risk adolescents).  

Megan

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
Again, let me say that I do not think I am like hot shit cause I have an undergraduate degree (I have seen some nurses who really think that they are like super-gifted just cause they went to nursing school).  Really, anyone can get an undergrad nursing degree, it's not that hard.  Just there are some (especially older) nurses out there who really want to make it hard (most likely they have Staff Personality Disorder).  

So I don't see why Provo Canyon couldn't employ more college-educated people as unit staff.  

And if there is one thing that every parent should know before sending their child to PCS, it's that the staff there are NOT professionally trained, they do NOT have the knowledge base needed to evaluate a kid's performance in such a program as PCS.  And a lot of the staff there are really sadistic and sick, and have just gone undiagnosed themselves.

If these people were employed at a psychiatric hospital (private or public), they would not be writing progress notes and things on the patients, because THEY ARE NOT LICENSED to do so.  Only nurses and doctors do such things.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School