Author Topic: Any fond memories, lessons or other positive aspects of The  (Read 23421 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Any fond memories, lessons or other positive aspects of The
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »
Amen to that, Brother.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »
On 2004-11-09 05:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Speechless, eh?  I think you need to bone up on some facts. The "cause" as you put it is open discussion and  you just got nothing but a open meeting style testimonial to offer. Sorry your feelings are hurt or your hard wired story is challenged. Whatever it is that bugs you about this open discussion, if you are truly signing off... go in peace.

"
GOOD GRIEF!!  Can we all not agree to disagree??  Obviously, our experiences WERE NOT the same.  I don't feel the need to slam anyone for their negative experiences or impact it had on ones life, family, etc., and empathize with those who still hurt and hold resentments.  

Hard-wired my ass!! I was provided "tools" for life which I use to this day and appreciate hanging w/ people who are positive, honest, loyal and not "full of shit" as so many people tend to be.  As the bumper stickers state "MEAN PEOPLE SUCK" and "TEACH PEACE".  Those of you still ranting about how the Seed f***** you up remind me of "Children of Adult Alcoholics" that can't find anyone to blame but their parents.

Look to this day,
For it is life,
The very life of life.
In its brief course lie all
The realities and verities of existence,
The bliss of growth,
The splendor of action,
The glory of power -

For yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, well lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream
  of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day.

Sanskrit Proverb
bid you peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »
Robin :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:
Thank you - you are a kind soul

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »
Yes Robin...in a perfect world. However sometimes people push each others buttons. The Seed is an emotional issue, and I think this entire Forum community should be proud for the way flames have been handled. If you doubt that, take a look around the Straight or Elan sites.

All one has to do is peruse the history of this site to find most of the flames have come from the "pro" seed side. I have tried to quelch as many as possible from both sides, but it has happened before and it will happen again.

Understanding is the key..in this case someone came along and called all critics "druggies". You must understand that is a hot button, then the daughter jumped to his defense and basically called everyone with a negative memory a liar. On any other forum this would have erupted into a free for all with cursing and personal attacks.

Now, when we were in the seed all critics were called druggies,and if you spoke against anything the seed said or did after you got out you had a druggie attitude and were banished and not spoken to by those connected to the seed.

Bullshit.  Plain and simple. On this forum all sides will be heard, and no comment by ANYONE is sacred and closed to questioning...and if that type of introspection causes somone to tuck tail and leave...so be it.  All I ask is you leave personal attacks out, but I encourage everyone to vigorously debate the issues.  And yes, if your poppa posts here, his comments are fair game as well.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-11-10 06:29 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »
Nice proverb by the way...

[ This Message was edited by: Somejoker on 2004-11-10 07:29 ]

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »
Now, when we were in the seed all critics were called druggies,and if you spoke against anything the seed said or did after you got out you had a druggie attitude and were banished and not spoken to by those connected to the seed.

OK - so that was then, this is now.  Obviously there are some people still raw about their time served.  Yes, some people even 'get off' on pushing others buttons, but didn't we learn not to react to "button pushing"?  That is a lesson I practice today. Hmmm, I must still be programmed :wink: .... I don't mind someone flaming about their experiences or even the program - that's why I "keep coming back" but don't appreciate some nitwit attacking anyone personally - know what I mean?
bid you peace!

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
p.s.

Didn't mean to delete your "quote" at the top of my page.

p.s.s.

Thank you, the Sanskrit Proverb is one of my favs but it is also p.5 of Hazelden's "Twenty-Four Hours a Day", published by a "cult-catering" publishing company.
bid you peace!

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »
I don't like it either Robin, especially since I am often the target.

:grin:

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »
Robin, and others who post here, and can tolerate disagreement...

I'm so glad you keep posting, both good and bad. I am really impressed that people who post here can give and take with out getting too bent out of shape. I agree with Greg who posted earlier that this particular forum is more understanding than some of the other groups. I'm glad. I get enough name calling and yelling on Fox!

To tell the truth, some days I hate the Seed and other days...have fond memories. Either way, I have to honor my experience and seek the truth. Confusing sometimes, but OK, that's life. No easy answers.

:scared:  :smile:  :wave:
ally Gator

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »
On 2004-11-11 07:40:00, cleveland wrote:

"Robin, and others who post here, and can tolerate disagreement...

I'm so glad you keep posting, both good and bad. I am really impressed that people who post here can give and take with out getting too bent out of shape. I agree with Greg who posted earlier that this particular forum is more understanding than some of the other groups. I'm glad. I get enough name calling and yelling on Fox!

No doubt!  Thanks for the good words.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a "Seed" reunion??  The good, the bad and the ugly?  Can anyone say they wouldn't be happy to see their peers of the year spent in the program?  Whoops...another PIPE DREAM :eek: OK, OK..not EVERYONE...I guess I speak for myself.

What I enjoy the most is that the majority of us seem to be well educated, , technologically  literate and seem to be getting along fine in life.  For those who are still having troubles in this life, seek spiritual, emotional or mental guidance and get well!!  I bid you peace!!
bid you peace!