Author Topic: scares or bruses? ABC wants to know  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
scares or bruses? ABC wants to know
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »
I was told by the ABC news desk that they have been "looking at" at doing a story on abuse and neglect in Large Behavior modification Programs; but they need proof; scared and brused kids and or documentation of such.
Apparently the fact hundereds of kids give similar, even identiacl accounts, of what transpires inside, is not good enough.
I was told if I knew of anyone with documentation or proof to have them fax the ABC news desk.
So, if you are, or know some such person, write it up and fax it to:
323 - 671 - 5210
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »
woooo go ABC!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »
I'm not all that excited. Essentially, what they're saying is that they're not going to cover the story unless they can find fresh bruises (on kids who are kept incomunicado, even from their own parents)

There are other very important aspects to the story that the media ought to be covering. SLT made a good start, I think, by starting to research political contributions and conflicts of interest among Program profiteers.

There's more. Remember Fen-Phen? Well Synanon style treatment is another high risk, unproven consumer product. Can you imagine the headlines if the media were to treat this form of broadly accepted, often publicly funded quack medicine the same way?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »
Ginger - I agree.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »
Bruises heal and many parents are not even aware of what is going on with their child since communication and visits are strickly controlled and limited. When my daughter tried to escape the police noticed all of the bruising on her body and did nothing - no report to CPS - by the time we saw her the bruising was already failing. We do have a photo of a large rash on her leg as a result of an allergic reaction to a chemical restraint. This was left untreated for weeks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
I was kicked in the testicles, many a time at Thayer Learning Center with the Drill Sargents boot.I told my step mom, and said I needed to go to the doctors office after I got out, because I was still feeling pain in me gonads, and there was a bruise/scab(that didnt go away until 2 months after I got home on my thigh, when the Drill Sargent missed my genitals.My StepMother dissmissed it as a manipulative lie that I had made up for no reason or benefit, just to stir up controversy, as Thayer had described I might do.

Also I was molested by a certain very old wrinkly, nasty female sargent at Thayer.She was still working there when I left.She would tell me to go to the latreen area, and then she would molest me, giving me oral sex, and force me to perform oral sex on her.I tried to tell this to my family rep, but she cut me off before I could even tell her the sargents name.She probably thought I was telling her it was a male, and I concoted that lie, because I was gay (I dont know why she would have thought that though).For the next two weeks I had consecutive smoke sessions by the head drill sargent in the mudd.After that I was forced to read passages in the bible, stating stuff about lieing, and homosexuality (which im not)being sins.Also I the drill sargent notified the team leader of this , which he being the immature idiot he was told everyone, from then on I was isolated, and not allowed to be in the latreen during showers.That female sargent told me to sit in the corner and masturbate while others were taking their showers, or she would expose my dealings with another cadet about trading food(he was allergic to tomatos, but they made him eat it anyways).Immediately , once I started masturbating, the Team Leader ran off to the Sargent and told him.When looking back on that, I should have took the consequences for trading food.All the sargents looked at me even more weird.God Knows what the family rep was telling my step mother and dad, because even they look at me weird.

After I told my step mother of the abuse the drill sargents inflicted on me, and she ignored it, I figured whats the use trying to get an STD Test or some test of that nature, when shes just going to deny it, thinking I'm lying.Im turning 18 next week, so I will be able to move into a college dorm, with my academic scholarship and live freely away from that bit**, and I will go to the doctors to get the test done.IF any results come up (whiching I'm kind of hoping do but dont), Im going to ask the doctor if he/she can tell when it was contracted.If he/she can, maybe I'll call ABC with my story, because that will be my proof..Otherwise, Ill just stick to message board forums, helping other parents.Thayer Learning Center could be a good program, only if the few bad people from there are removed.I dont even know why I was being picked on over there.My Chinese best friend from thayer suggested it might have been cause I am of Iraqi descent, and considering the events that happened in Iraq while I was there, I wouldnt be suprised.My Chinese Friend didnt really receive any abuse except for being called chink/gook and getting made fun of because of his eyes.

For some reason, I dont think my story will get out to major outlets, such as ABC, because I've heard that the government owns these programs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Im living well, I was just glad to get out of Thayer, none of this really had an effect on me, which I guess was due to going through worse experiences in Iraq, a long time ago.I'm currently the Quarter Back on the HS football team and getting all the chicks lol.If you live in Detroit, you might have heard about the big HS , with the West and East  playing the first time this season.We're trying to top the record of 4000 people in the stadium so we want everyone to come.I cant disclose much more info, because these Thayer Creeps are probably looking for me now

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »
They can't do shit to ya now, chill out.

Go to ISAC Corp (www.isaccorp.org) and tell them about whats going on, and get a good lawyer.

The govt IS involved in the programs, but its mostly campaign contributions given to the govt so they are protective. http://www.thestraights.com is very informative.

*HOPEFULLY* if this actually makes the news then they will have no choice but to end this bullshit once and for all. People said there wuld never be civil rights or womens suffrage or and end to slavery, and there was, so why the hell can't we eliminate a bunch of child abusing 'treatment' programs? :razz:

America when will you be angelic
When will you take off your clothes....
America after all it is you and I who are perfect
Not the next world.
--Allen Ginsberg

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »
OK folks - Do a copy and paste of what you wrote here, and fax it on over!

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »
I'd like to suggest that the young man who was sexually assaulted and abused at Thayer report all of this to Child Protective Services in his area and in the area of the facility. You should definitely find a lawyer and file a civil suit. If enough people do this then something may be done. Someone once told me, "if you say nothing and do nothing then you earn the right to let other people make decisions for you."  You also earn the right to let people take advantage of you. What happened to you was highly illegal - You should sue Thayer for millions of dollars.  Money may not bring you the closure you need, but it will send a clear message to these facilities that they can't get away with this. You should also seek criminal charges and report what happened to you to the local police. Unfortunately though - without an eye witness or physical evidence it's difficult to make a sex-assault charge stick.  Find a few witnesses who had similar experiences who will testify in your behalf and have your lawyer interview them.  
Unfortunately, most of the youth who have been abused are not aware of their rights under the law until many years have passed.  Then it is too late because the Statute of Limitations may have run.  I know in California a sexual assault victim has six years after the age of 18 to file a complaint.  Each state is different.  I'm not sure where Thayer is - but it's simple to find out how long you have. Just search: statute of limitations and the state.  Good Luck and God Bless......

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.
--Thomas Jefferson

[ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2004-09-25 09:25 ]
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Kiwi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »
On 2004-09-24 11:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was told by the ABC news desk that they have been "looking at" at doing a story on abuse and neglect in Large Behavior modification Programs; but they need proof; scared and brused kids and or documentation of such."

This boy lost two teeth.

http://http://www.nospank.net/n-k52.htm

'He was not drinking or taking drugs, said his mother, Lisa Todd. He was "just immature." She said Colin had two teeth knocked loose by a staff member's fist and spent at least eight months in the isolation room. "They are very physically severe in Jamaica," she said. "For sure, they did things they couldn't do in America." But, she added, "I do think the program helps a lot of families that are desperate and don't know where to turn."'

There doesn't seem to be any dispute how he lost his teeth and his mother seems to approve.  What kind of psychopath thinks it is alright to knock her son's teeth out?  She must think he deserved it.  After all what a heinous crime for a youngster to commit: being immature.