Author Topic: current picture of Art  (Read 2473 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« on: August 20, 2002, 12:12:00 AM »
This picture was taken while Art was shutting down the seed several months ago. In the picture is John Perloff, long time seedling and Seed insider (Also Art's personal attorney and Canine companion board member)  Libby Mcdonald Barker Kienzle.  libby met her husband at sr84 after Art adopted her hence the name changes. She has  been married a long time and is a puppy trainer for canine companions. Art Barker, looking very old, and Shelly barker, looking very young.
This picture was taken as Art Donated money to this charity. The reasoning behind the charity selection is kind of obvious.
Does anyone think it unusual that all these seedlings are still hanging around each other? Maybe it is just me.

http://fornits.com/anonanon/articles/20 ... 0206-0.htm

Then there is the matter of his next charity of choice. One must realize that when a non profit organization such as the seed shuts down, the proceeds must be donated to other non profit organizations.
they donated money to the city of Dania for habitat of humanity. Habitat for humanity matched funds.  They plan on building 20 homes in a "drug area" to help revitalize the neighborhood because as the mayor says, it doesn't matter where it happens, drugs ruin lives(paraphrase).
Seems like a noble cause. Then it comes to light that the mayor of Dania is an ex seedling and the board member of habitat that brokered the deal with the good mayor and Art Barker is also an ex seed staff member.
And so it goes. The small world of Art Barker is still inhabited by the Staff members and insiders that worked at the Seed when we were there so long ago. They have seemed to remain extremely close. many have gone onto be very successfull in business. This is good, but I had no idea that they were still so "close" after all these years.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 09:00:00 AM »
anyone else notice that in the picture, between the seedlings Perloff and Libby, is a very seedling looking man. Notice how he puts his arm around Perloff? Makes me remember being walked to the car or to the bathroom as a newcomer. That is the old seedling grip in the way that boy newcomers were led around. Later in the straight they grabbed your beltloop.
I would bet anyone a hundred dollars  he is a seed graduate as well.

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 08:53:00 PM »
Art looks real old and beat up in that picture. I guess that's a good thing maybe the bastard will  die and the world will become a slightly better place.

It is sort of ironic that a place that was going to "Save the World" back in the 70's just sort of drifted away without any fanfare and the rest of the leftover cash went to the dogs, literally not figuratively.

[ This Message was edited by: FueLaw on 2002-08-20 17:57 ]

Offline pigeon

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »
Nice to see Art looking old and powerless.  Might be cruel but it's how I feel.

John Perloff, christ, I remember when he came in it caused big problems for me.  We had gone to junior high I was in seventh grade he was in ninth.  I had this mega crush on him so when he came in the program it was really hard to not flirt, for god sakes I was twelve.  I really tried not to flirt, not to look at him, not to hope he might be looking at me.  I was in the back to school portion of the program which was stressful enough( although better than being at the seed all day)trying to figure out if it was ok for me to talk to anyone at all.  After all everyone who hadn't been through the seed was fucked up, right.  Eventually the pressure got to be to much and I stood up and confessed in group that my head was out of wak.  Later Terry took me to the office and added to my confession, "and you've been flirting with John Perloff since the day he arrived".  If I didn't already believe they could read my mind that cinched it for me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
Where is this article from--a newspaper, the CCI newsletter, or what?

Thanks!

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

It is sort of ironic that a place that was going to "Save the World" back in the 70's just sort of drifted away without any fanfare and the rest of the leftover cash went to the dogs, literally not figuratively.

[ This Message was edited by: FueLaw on 2002-08-20 17:57 ]"

The "dogs" of str8 collected and buried the bones 'n' pro'ly the money too, nothin' 'gainst dogs[ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-09-06 19:02 ]
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
current picture of Art
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
Fuelaw
where is it i can i find this article about you and seed kids being beaten, when was it published, who was the reporter, what was the name of article and in what publication?